oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton Wanderers 3-0

Good performance, Dimi bothered me today though, if another keeper comes in his days are numbered, let heskey get close to him twice and he managed to get something on one of them. In posession he is very shaky.

Now ill probably get slated because he scored twice, but Kike was poor today IMO, he is still missing far too many chances, he easily could have scored 2 more, and some of his link up play was poor, misplacing passes regularly. Tbf to him, he took his first goal well, but with Stuani and Nugent around, i think his days as first choice are numbered.

Thought exactly the same on both points, also how bad was stuani when he came on? offered nothing, the final third play was very poor.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Stuani didn't impress but it's worth considering that when he came on we weren't playing well and especially without Fabbrini there was no link between midfield and strike so we struggled attack with any kind of purpose. Then Adomah was replaced by Forshaw at RW so there was very poor balance of attackers around him. Nobody impressed at that stage with a few square pegs in round holes so it wouldn't be accurate to judge Stuani based on the short time that he was on the pitch today. We need to sign another creative player that can carry the ball and link up play in the final third as our options outside our best 3(Downing, Fabbrini and Adomah) there's a drastic dip in quality to the likes of Wildschut and Reach.

I appreciate some of the match reports from people on here, as I was busy yesterday so didn't get to listen to much of the game, but by the sounds of things we were excellent.

What I can't believe is how people are still on Kike's back after he got a brace. One poster saying "well.. one goal was on a plate and the other was easy too". What's he supposed to do? Just score outstanding goals? He's a poacher, so I'm glad he did his job yesterday.

I really hope we can get Gibson back for the Derby game, that way we will be able to put Kalas back to RB. Nsue at RB will generally only work in games against the inferior sides in this division where his defensive weaknesses won't be exposed so much.

yep bet stephens plays CB and kalas pushed wide again.  dont know much about stephens put sounded like he is very comfortable bringing he ball out from the back. that could help us vs a possession side. i hope they come at us, my mouth is watering at the thought of downing, fabbrini and adomah running at an exposed backline  :D

even derby fans are worried about some of their player lack of tracking back. it will cost them in this game.

Personally I'm a fan of nsue and I didn't think he could have done any more yesterday. I do think he'll bring Stephens in on Tuesday though

I've been thinking about opening a "Press Clippings" thread. The clipping and uploading process entails a bit of work but sometimes it's worth it. I just LOVE this:

BoroWin_zps4v3ymhsb.png

(Lifted from the BBC website, 15/08/15)

Great game to watch, we were less creative when Fabrinni went off but having a tenner on us to win 3-0 softened the blow - pretty sure hes being saved for Derby. I have always been worried about Dimi - he has no physical prowess in the box, when he comes out attackers should be worried about following the ball into row z not thinking about putting him in the net with the ball. Over all - great 3 points, great day out UTB

I'm not sure how anyone can criticise Kike for yesterday's performance, I personally think he's usually poor but yesterday was like watching a completely different player. Won a few headers, held up the ball a few times and had some composed finishes. Now I do think we're more likely to see more performances like the one against Preston from him than ones like yesterday, but he definitely can't be criticised for yesterday.

I am very confused at how Watford didn't get enough out of Fabbrini to keep him around. He completely changed how we played against Preston for the better (though of course couldn't make the difference unfortunately), it sounds like he played well against Oldham and yesterday he was just different class.

Bolton were very poor yesterday so I won't get too carried away, but hopefully we can see more performances like that this season.

I am very confused at how Watford didn't get enough out of Fabbrini to keep him around. He completely changed how we played against Preston for the better (though of course couldn't make the difference unfortunately), it sounds like he played well against Oldham and yesterday he was just different class.

Bolton were very poor yesterday so I won't get too carried away, but hopefully we can see more performances like that this season.

Maybe he played like that for them as well but infrequently so he didn't offer enough over time?  Maybe he'll be exactly like that for us? Bolton were abysmal yesterday and every assessment should strongly consider that point.  They were defensively as bad as I've seen at Boro for some time.

We're a bit confused too. General consensus is he always needed a run in the team, which he never got because of Abdi/Deeney/Vydra/Forestieri/Ighalo etc being ahead of him in the squad. When he got a flirting chance he looked great but never actually created much or scored many, sometimes getting kicked out of games, although he always seems to get up again. You may have heard some Watford fans claiming he has no end product and he did drop to the ground a few times. The last couple of points meant in my opinion he took a while to adapt to the English game, but he now appears to have learnt how to play in England and could be genuinely brilliant for you.

We now have Jurado, Berghuis, Diamanti to add to the list of players ahead of him, although it would be interesting to see what happens if he continues the form he's showing at the moment for the whole season. He is a special player when he's "on it" that's undoubted.

Almost looks like we're set up to play for a draw.

At home.

To Bolton.

Pretty harsh.

And spectacularly wrong.

Yeah, when I saw the team I just saw it as a list, not the formation. Didn't realise we were playing wingbacks. I'm a stupid head.

Almost looks like we're set up to play for a draw.

At home.

To Bolton.

Pretty harsh.

And spectacularly wrong.

Yeah, when I saw the team I just saw it as a list, not the formation. Didn't realise we were playing wingbacks. I'm a stupid head.

Now I didn't watch the game live, but I don't think we played with wing backs.

Our full backs always try and get forward.