oneBoro Forum
Tom

Boro V Bolton Wanderers 3-0

Sounds like a delicious first half and then a second half where we just saved our energy for Tuesday's big game. I think the most important thing, apart from 3 points, was that a big crowd was treated to a big performance and some goals. Hopefully they'll all return for the next home game and bring a few friends.

Maddo makes Fabbrini man of the match. 3-0 at full time. Cracking game by us, even if we were all wishing we could have had more in the second half!

Would have taken 3-0 home victory before game, slightly disappointed with the second half given how much Bolton were out of the game, seemed very flat. Maybe we were saving our breath for Derby but we could have made this a startling victory.

Oh, and two clean sheets in a row for Dimi.

It sounds like we still created chances in the second half.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did take the foot off the gas a bit to prepare for Tuesday.

I really am happy for Kike, now I just want stuani to open his league account on tuesday!

Did Dimi have to make a single save?

1 shot on target for Bolton. :D

I think we need to view this as what it was - a convincing victory over limited opponents. Bolton are going to struggle through this season - but this is the Championship, and we know that teams that struggle can still spring surprises over the course of the season. We did a thoroughly professional job on them, and Fabbrini especially made the most of his opportunity. We created plenty of chances and converted enough to make it a comfortable win. There's other games ahead where we'll have fewer chances and perhaps need to be a little more lethal in despatching them, but when you're 3-0 up and cruising, there's not the pressure of those tighter games. Downing set up two good chances by the sound of things that weren't converted, while Adomah was a harrying influence on the right, winning possession from their players in their half. It gives us good confidence to take into the game against Derby - but that'll be a very different game to this one.

That's important about Downing - he may not have the assist/goal yet, but he IS creating good chances and we just need to become more clinical in dispatching them.

Chuffed for Kike, well deserved. Fabbrini is just what we've missed, always looking for the ball and bombing into the box. A poor Bolton but we look a bit special this season. Exciting times ahead!

Stuck in the cinema car park so I'll give my 2 cents.

We looked a lot more attacking today. Fabbrini was the main man. Guy is like an ugly juninho!

Kike took his goals well. Give him the service and he'll score! Nugent should really have scored as well near the end.

Poor Bolton though, they never really had a sniff!

Ooh. Traffic's moving now!

Yeah everything I'm reading suggested Nugent should have really had a debut goal!

Just got back, brilliant game, we looked very dangerous first half, wasteful second half but it was a poor bolton side.

• Latest Posts

• Great news OMG it will be good to keep the PL going it's a great feature and good fun. MM you underplay you're efforts, fantastic job for the last few seasons, I'm sure on behalf of the forum a big thank you for all your hard work and frequent updates. I hope you continue to take part.  
    • Are we ready for a relegation battle? No. Are we more ready for a relegation battle than the teams around us (which is perhaps the more important question)? Time will tell. I have my concerns, though. Charlton in particular came out of pre-season much more strongly than we did, and we are kind of restarting the season again after another preseason.  I'm not confident that Woodgate has the managerial experience to get us to be where we need to be in terms of preparation and match sharpness by the end of this mid-season preseason.
    • My worry is our goalscoring, if teams get in front we'll then struggle & with the new rules of 5 subs per game teams will just kill games We are as bad as the other 5, 6 teams at the wrong end with not much breathing space between us all, whoever starts late in the mini bottom league will go down  Defensively we're fine, IMHO, 
    • Didn’t realise Taylor was 30. Thought he was a young up-and-coming
    • Agree. I think a lower end PL team will take a punt on him as a 2nd or 3rd choice striker. They got little to lose. Free transfer and if they offer him even 15k it will probs triple his current wages.