oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton Wanderers 3-0

Did anyone see that miss by Nugent? I haven't seen it, but apparently it was a bad one. ;)

Bolton's number 2 got a toe end onto the cross which took it away from Nugent. It's not noticeable on the highlights but there was definitely a touch before Nugent got to it.

What P Mards says..

It looked a bad miss but he had very little chance to adjust in time, But for the touch of the defender it probably would of been smashed in.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

From where I was sat Downings cross got a deflection that raised it up hence it came off Nugents knee/thigh so not a bad miss really, what was encouraging was his run/desire to get into a scoring position, UTB

I don't think it was anything to do with either CM being sluggish against Preston but more the way Preston set up. Preston's back line were camped deep, their WB pushed up on Reach and Adomah and their three midfielders drowing Leadbitter, Clayton and Downing. They did a professional job of nullifying our threats. The centre midfield had very little options throughout the game because Preston had it covered. Few teams will play against us that way at their home ground this season.

Sorry, I meant the team looked sluggish so they had no where to go but I suppose that's unfair to Preston as they were highly organised and intended to snuff us out from the start.