oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-1

On a warm August afternoon the Boro proved they were indeed back in business. In fact, for 45 minutes, they were a powerhouse of attacking intent. But on Tuesday, they have potentially the toughest test of the season. A big job is needed, can our boys prove that they are...

P8OeXmb.jpg

Release Date

Tuesday 18th August, 7:45pm

Synopsis:

The Championship preseason favourites go head to head. The Rams have had a difficult start under new coach Paul Clement, but undoubtedly have some of the most talented players in the league. Our boys need to be on top of their game to come away with anything, a repeat of last season would go down very nicely. 

Will our leading men from last time have chance to shine again?

Will we play on the counter or get at them?

When will we unleash The Nuge? 

Will Big Ben be back in time?

Cast:

Dimi Konstantopolous as Goalkeeper

Tomas Kalas as Right Back

Dani Ayala as Centre Back 1

Jack Stephens as Centre Back 2

George Friend as Left Back

Grant Leadbitter as Skipper

Adam Clayton as Centre Midfielder

Albert Adomah as Right Winger

Stewart Downing as Left Winger

Diego Fabbrini as Diego Maradona

Enrique 'Kike' Garcia as The Comeback King

Chris Martin as The Big Baby 

Derby Fans as a load of sausages

David Nugent as The Difference        

What The Critics Are Saying

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/19899-derby-county-v-middlesboro/

"I'd be happy if we don't lose this. Boro were my team to beat before the season, they tore Bolton apart in about 20 minutes. Plus last season's games against them were horrific. I'd be chuffed if we win, but unfortunately I expect to lose."

"Can't see anything other than a loss unfortunatley. I think we'll huff and puff but waste what chances we have whereas Boro will take theirs. "

"Smoggies  will try to play fooyball  ,  sticking my neck on the line        3 - 0  to Derby  ,  as a vast percentage  see this fixture  as a tough one ,( me included ).   so a good win is in order of the day"

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

wow are you sure those are quotes from Derby fans? What's happened to the brazen arrogance?

Two teams that expected to be fighting it out at the flashier end of the table. Derby didn't play to their capacity twice last season, so I'm sure they'll be out for revenge. I'd be happy with anything from it but I'll go 2-1 boro, downing kike and errrr ince or someone.

Going to try and make this one if they are selling tickets on the door. I asked the club on Twitter but they didn't reply. Going to give hem a ring about it at some stage.

If they are available meeting up with some of you guys would be good!

Going to try and make this one if they are selling tickets on the door. I asked the club on Twitter but they didn't reply. Going to give hem a ring about it at some stage.

If they are selling tickets on the door but will be going alone so id be up for meeting up with some people off here :)

Has become a good little rivalry this fixture in recent years. Hoping the atmosphere matches the one at their place last season. I won't make any team selection predictions as Aitor does what he wants ha but hoping to see the two new strikers at some point.

UTB

Could you let me know if they are selling tickets on the door, wont know if we can go until monday

I don't know if he's even fit or not but does anyone think we may see Woodgate starting with Gibson being injured still? I can't see Fry playing against Derby away, although Jack Stephens does seem like he'd be another good alternative.

I am a bit concerned that this will be Ayalas 4th game in about 8 days along with Friend and Clayton, in an ideal world we should be resting these three as there is no doubt that fatigue sets in and affects performance. We definitely need Ayala for this one though as he will have to keep Martin quiet again. Surprised Karanka didn`t substitute him at half time on Saturday to give the poor bloke a breather.

I am a bit concerned that this will be Ayalas 4th game in about 8 days along with Friend and Clayton, in an ideal world we should be resting these three as there is no doubt that fatigue sets in and affects performance. We definitely need Ayala for this one though as he will have to keep Martin quiet again. Surprised Karanka didn`t substitute him at half time on Saturday to give the poor bloke a breather.

Friend didn't play at Oldham, and Clayton came off before the hour mark, I think. Agree about Ayala though, hopefully Gibbo will be back soon so he can have a breather at Burton.