oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-1

Will there are a few going from the forum but would imagine probably best to meet up in the ground for a pre match drink due to timings etc.

Would give a pm to BoroTom, Humpty or Red Rocket if I were you as they are going to be there and I am sure Jen will introduce you to some of the others

I will look out for them at the game :)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuani showed a lot of naivety against Bolton? He was only on the pitch for 25 minutes and by then we'd stopped playing!

He saw plenty of the ball in those 25 minutes. He was often slow to the ball and struggled to find his role in the team. Both completely understandable given he's new to the league, the team and the country. He needs bedding in and more work on team shape on the training game.

Stuani showed a lot of naivety against Bolton. He has a lot to learn about this league before we start throwing him in for big games like this.

I have to say i'm a little surprised MMC chose Meijas over Dimi. Derby like to put crosses in the box and if there's one thing we know Meijas can't deal with , it's crosses. I also don't think there's any real basis for dropping Dimi for Meijas considering we've had two clean sheets.

Centre half/Right back is a major concern for me. Chris Martin is a handful whether Derby are playing well or not. Ayala will need to be on top form. Derby also rely heavily on their channels for supplying Martin so cutting supply is vital to stopping them, especially considering Will Hughes is out of action as he was a major instigator of them playing their quick one touch football around the 18 yard box.

Kalas HAS to move to right back in place of Nsue. I agree with MMC and Thomas ideally we need Gibson or Woodgate in there. Worst case Stephenson if neither Woodgate or Gibson are fit.

Finally as much as Kike deserves his place up front tomorrow, i think Karanka needs to pick a team that can win this game and to me that means picking someone who can hold the ball up and give some relief to the defence. Nugent does all that provides a real threat.

Dimi

Kalas Woodgate/Gibson/Stephenson Ayala Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Fabbrini Downing

Nugent

Perfect line-up for this game. I'd be very suprised if we lined up differently to that

ill third that ... would definately be my choice

How come fry isn't getting a look in? I didn't think he was particularly poor against Preston and tried to impose himself against an awkward fecker in joe garner.

That said I was on day 3 of a 3 day bender so I may have not even been watching the right match.

Plus gibson has had no game time and I know nothing of this Stephens/Stephenson character

Stephens has a fair amount of lower league experience under his belt, played a lot for Swindon last season and during a short spell towards the end of the season before. Sounds quite highly rated by Southampton. He seemed to do well at Oldham from what I heard on the radio.

Fry only has experience of U21s though. As much as I'm glad for him that he got a game against Preston and got a few minutes at Oldham, I think surely the best thing he can do for himself is get himself out playing football, like Gibbo did, on loan. AK clearly likes him and I'm sure sees him having a future at Boro but he needs games. He didn't seem like it against Preston, but he's still 17, 18 at the end of this month.

How come fry isn't getting a look in? I didn't think he was particularly poor against Preston and tried to impose himself against an awkward fecker in joe garner.

That said I was on day 3 of a 3 day bender so I may have not even been watching the right match.

Plus gibson has had no game time and I know nothing of this Stephens/Stephenson character

There is a difference in coming up against a awkward ******* like Joe Garner and a seasoned campaigner like Chris Martin I think he'll tear strips of Fry especial at home. More experienced head in defence I think

There is a difference in coming up against a awkward ******* like Joe Garner and a seasoned campaigner like Chris Martin I think he'll tear strips of Fry especial at home. More experienced head in defence I think

I agree.. This is not a game for Fry, Martin would probably dominate him and it would do the lad no good at all.

Stuani showed a lot of naivety against Bolton. He has a lot to learn about this league before we start throwing him in for big games like this.

I have to say i'm a little surprised MMC chose Meijas over Dimi. Derby like to put crosses in the box and if there's one thing we know Meijas can't deal with , it's crosses. I also don't think there's any real basis for dropping Dimi for Meijas considering we've had two clean sheets.

Centre half/Right back is a major concern for me. Chris Martin is a handful whether Derby are playing well or not. Ayala will need to be on top form. Derby also rely heavily on their channels for supplying Martin so cutting supply is vital to stopping them, especially considering Will Hughes is out of action as he was a major instigator of them playing their quick one touch football around the 18 yard box.

Kalas HAS to move to right back in place of Nsue. I agree with MMC and Thomas ideally we need Gibson or Woodgate in there. Worst case Stephenson if neither Woodgate or Gibson are fit.

Finally as much as Kike deserves his place up front tomorrow, i think Karanka needs to pick a team that can win this game and to me that means picking someone who can hold the ball up and give some relief to the defence. Nugent does all that provides a real threat.

Dimi

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Fabbrini Downing

Nugent

Top post Humpty, agree with all of that.

Nugent is perfect for this game

There is just no way I'd drop kike after scoring two in his last outing. Rotation is all well and good, but I don't think you should drop anyone who has just performed. If you don't perform then you are dropped, but players need to know that there is a prize when you perform well. It's an excellent incentive to keep up a high level of performance.

There is just no way I'd drop kike after scoring two in his last outing. Rotation is all well and good, but I don't think you should drop anyone who has just performed. If you don't perform then you are dropped, but players need to know that there is a prize when you perform well. It's an excellent incentive to keep up a high level of performance.

Agreed.

Kalas needs to play at RB, Nsue had probably his best game for Boro on saturday but he is far too weak defensively to play away at Derby, Needs to be Ayala and Stephens at CB, Fry looked good against Preston but this is a much bigger game

Away from home its always going to be Leadbitter and Clayton

Adomah on the right, Fabbrini and Downing left pretty much picks its self, have a feeling we might play Reach though instead of Fabbrini, its usually the kind of game he will start.

Kike needs to start this one though, Stuani and Nugent havnt been with the club that long, Kike has had a good pre season and a cracking game on saturday so he has to start. What sort of message does it send to your striker if he scores twice then is dropped for the next game, Kike is a confidence player and his confidence will be sky high, he will win us the game IMO

--------------------------Dimi-----------------------

Kalas---------Stephens-------Ayala-------Friend

----------Leadbitter-------------Clayton------------

Adomah--------------Fabbrini--------------Downing

-------------------------Kike-----------------------------

Bit worried about our away record but Derby are on a shocking run though, win this and it sends out a huge message to the rest of the league

0-1 Kike #believe :D

**Me and MMC will be going if anyone fancies a pint before the game

Dimi

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Fabbrini Downing

Nugent

Perfect line-up for this game. I'd be very suprised if we lined up differently to that

The 6-2-3-1 should see us not concede many goals! :P

Anyone know roughly how many tickets will be available on the door tomorrow night? I've got the offer of a lift there & back but I don't want to risk going and not being able to get a ticket

someone on fmttm said 1500 had been sold, allocation is 2300, you will get a ticket no bother

Excited for this one hopefully and I reckon we will cone away with all 3 points. Derby will want to put a marker down and come out for the win and that will play straight in to our hands. I can see AK making a couple of changes as he has alluded to it being a squad game and i see that as him having a starting 'team' rather than a starting 11 with where players slot in and out without any loss of quality and without upsetting any players if they don't start.

So with that in mind I think we'll line up

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Stephens Friend

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Fabrini Downing

Stuani/Nugent

I can't decide wether Stuani or Nugent will start as Stuani has been with us longer and will have been intigrated into AK's game philosophy but then again Nugent knows the league.

Anyway I'm going 2-0 to the mighty Boro even though we are away to the greatest team in the world. :)