oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-1

Play like we did in the first half yesterday and we'd blow away most sides in this division. Derby have had a poor start to the season under Clement if we could just get an early goal the pressure will be on Derby big style as the fans will turn against them.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a game we can win but I'd settle for a draw. But maybe a little bit of pressure is building on Derby. Two games and two draws plus the cup defeat is not good enough for one of the big favourites for promotion. I still expect them to there or thereabouts come the end of the season but maybe this is the best time to play them at their place, when things haven't quite clicked yet.

I'm going for 2-1 Boro after going behind to a Martin goal 18mins. Downing and Kike for us

yes get a goal up and the the pressure will pile on them. they were wasteful with the chances they got vs charlton. doubt they'll get even half the chances against us. hopefully they struggle to raise their game against us.

they have a few players who on their day are match winners, ince, martin, thorne, russell etc. but they have struggled to deliver the goods so far. martin got half a yard vs charlton a buried it, hes the man who will unlock us. not to concerned about the others so much. we'll give them plenty to think about i'm sure.

I am a bit concerned that this will be Ayalas 4th game in about 8 days along with Friend and Clayton, in an ideal world we should be resting these three as there is no doubt that fatigue sets in and affects performance. We definitely need Ayala for this one though as he will have to keep Martin quiet again. Surprised Karanka didn`t substitute him at half time on Saturday to give the poor bloke a breather.

CB's don't cover as much ground as midfielders etc though. Especially when your team dominates like the last two of our games

I think we should try to capitalize on Derby's dodgy start to the season, If we fly out the traps like we did against Bolton and take an early lead it could be a fairly easy win.... 1 point at Derby would be a good point but I think with the right approach to the game we will take all 3 points.

An early season crunch tie, Derby not quite there yet, Boro shown what they can do against a poor team but Derby are not going to be poor forever.

I think it will a very defence-oriented game. Formation will probably be further back to deal with Derby's threats.

If anyone scores, it's going to end up being a really, really well worked goal or a set-piece. Maximum of 1 goal in the game.

0-0 for me though, which I would take at Pride Park as it is going to be bouncing as always.

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Stephens Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Fabbrini Downing

Nugent

Carson

Baird -----------------Keogh --------Shackell------------- Forsyth

--------------------------------Thorne

-----------------Hendrick ------------------ Hanson

Ince --------------------------------------------------------- Russell

-------------------------------- Martin 

they reckon they should start with this team. hanson is more defensive of him and hendrick so they think its a good idea to have him there to cover forsyth. 

so if hendrick is less defensive and ince is terrible defensively, who is covering baird when george and stewy are going crazy down our left. that formation to me looks so weak when running backwards. we are going to find loads of gaps in that. 

they might keep the ball well with the midfield trio but our back 6 will just be a big brick wall. i am really starting to think we are going to turn these over. even when sitting deep and breaking we are going to have some serious gaps available to cause trouble for them.

downing and friend against baird and ince. we're going to rape them on their right. the best LB and LW in the division coming against a fullback without proper cover, cant wait.

oh and adomah against a poor defensive fullback dear oh dear. 

derby are made for us. they are defensively weak at our attacking strength points. and strong going forward at our strong defensive points. 

everything goes through martin for them, did at home last season anyway, if ayala beasts him again and they will struggle to create anything.

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Stephens Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Fabbrini Downing

Kike

Don't mind who starts Centre Forward but I think Kike will with Nugent replacing him and Stuani replacing Fabbrini. Be a tough game but I'm gonna go for an optimistic 2-0 win with goals by Kike and Nugent. Good analysis by Dynamo Kev above about how we can exploit Derby, fingers crossed.

There are quite a few Derby fans I know who swear Nugent is very much a bogie player for teams against them which could be useful. They say it doesnt matter whether he starts or is a sub he always scores against them and the teams he plays for never seem to loose against them.

An away win early on in the season against a prospective promotion rival would be a good statement of intent especially away from home. After our slowish start early season last year it would be nice to get some points in the locker early on in the season.

I don't think Derby have improved their team (they generally have just signed last years loan players on permanent deals) however I think we are both a stronger first eleven and a stronger squad as well.

I think we have more goals in the team while retaining our strength at the back.

This is definitely a game we can win but we may need to be patient with maybe goals coming in the second half. So 2-0 with goals coming after we make second half substitutions maybe Stuani or Nugent to get one coming off the bench.

Think this is a great time to play Derby clearly they are not settled yet but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will not be relishing playing Boro at the moment,

Last seasons results aside it is this type of game that Boro will be measured upon and a vital time to start a good on the road campaign. If we show intensity right from the off as the Bolton game get an early goal, the Derby players and fans will feel nervous, in fact looking back it really does confirm that we should have done a lot better at Preston had we done so.

This game could very well be subject to my seldom used phrase.

Boro win by 2 clear goals

Going to be a tough game as Derby will be well up for this game too. Would love to beat them again but would probably settle for a point.

Team got to be the same as saturday as all of them performed well and to drop anyone , especially Kike with his confidence no doubt sky high would be bonkers

It will be close and if we win it will be a 1-0 or 2-1.

The good thing about Derby is that they will come onto us so that should give room for Downing/Diego to work some magic