• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Derby will be well up for this after last season and it will be a white hot atmosphere again.

They have Thorne back now who is a very good player and can boss a midfield. Be interesting battle there tomorrow.

I think it will be tight and tense and the first goal may win it.

Would be happy with a Draw but think we may sneak it 1-0.

I expect Nugent and Stuani to play tomorrow as I can see it being a physical encounter.

Will there are a few going from the forum but would imagine probably best to meet up in the ground for a pre match drink due to timings etc.

Would give a pm to BoroTom, Humpty or Red Rocket if I were you as they are going to be there and I am sure Jen will introduce you to some of the others

KARANKA ON OPPORTUNITIES: "I'm not just thinking about the game tomorrow. I am thinking about the full season. Last season we played 55 games so all of the players will get the opportunity to show how amazing they are."

Could spring a surprise tomorrow, even though I think he should start with same team. Maybe Nsue is too risky at RB in such a big game.

The more I hear from him the more convinced I am that a new ethos is developing in terms of attacking intent, I really do believe that he will try and emulate the away performances of Bmouth and Watford this season by simply blowing teams away as soon as possible and for them to chase the game

I don't trust Nsue at RB against the better players/Teams in the league.. I think its a must Kalas plays RB tomorrow, I would play Stephens at CB.

A part from that I would start with the same line up as we did against Bolton.

In the grand scheme of things throughout the season, I see it as being better not to lose this one and try and nick a goal rather than risk it for a win early on in attempt to stun Derby. I know it's a negative thought considering our aims this season but if there's any team to go to at this early stage of the season and be happy with a point, it's Derby.

I trust AK to make the well-informed decision but despite what sounded like a great performance at the weekend, if Nsue plays right-back and they quickly switch Ince to that side during the match, can see us getting done there.

Would much prefer the solidarity like we had last season and pray our attacking players can do the business ala Tomlin -> Bamford last season.

I still remember some of the nights I was a steward at Pride Park, every game it's bouncing. Frustrate them for the first 15-20 minutes though and you might just see them lose a bit of confidence, especially with the poor start they've had, sounds like there's some negative vibes going round at the moment.

One thing is for sure; the away end is going to be a great place to be tomorrow night. Wish I was there!

Great game against Bolton managed to get a several interviews, didn't meet any forum members however :(

For this game I'd be hoping we play the following team:

-------------------Mejias---------------------

Kalas------Ayala---------Gibson*-----Friend

-------Leadbitter-----------Clayton----------

Adomah---------Fabbrini----------Downing

---------------Stuani/Nugent-----------------

*if fit

Mejias looked great against Oldham and I feel his fast distribution of the ball really allows us to start quick, incisive counter attacks, we're going to be doing that a lot against Derby. Gibson is only just back in training, if he's fit I'd like to see him play, if not then I'd shot Woody in, as a game like this would have fry out of his depth against Martin. If Woody wasn't available and needs must then Kalas to CB with Nsue at RB, though he could well be up against Ince that way and I feel he'd really struggle defensively.

Can't change the midfield after the Bolton game, all 5 of them played exceptionally well.

Up top I'd change Kike out for either Stuani or Nugent depending on how we set up to play. Nugent if we wanted to get in behind and Stuani if we want to go long. Against Derby I feel that the clever movement of Nugent or the tenacity and strength of Stuani could be the thing to give us the edge. Kike took his chances well against Bolton, I think he'd struggle with his back to goal against Keogh and Shackell however. I also don't think there'd be any chance of him getting past the defender like how Bamford did many a time last season. Stuani's strength or Nugent's guile for me.

Derby have only won 2 out of their last 15 competitive matches, I think we'll have way too much for them. They are still reeling after loosing Will Hughes.

Paul Clement is in his first management job and it will take a few games to get things right (even AK didn't get off to a flying start for us). In my opinion, we are playing them at the right time.

Boro line up (considering i have not got one boro line right for ages)

dimi

freind ayala stephens kalas

foreshaw leadbitter

downing fabbrini adomah

Stuani

I would of put fry in but derby are going to put martin in whos a big strong unit upfront so i dont fancy him against someone like that same as heskey. I think boro will win either 2-0 or 2-1 i reckon well get the second goal on the break as they push to equaliser or get the winner.

Surely AK won't bench Kike after scoring 2 goals the previous game.

He may not even be in the squad if im right karanka loves rotation it be nugent, reach, mejias, fry, clayton nsue and possibly kike or woody