oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 0-1

Now I have had the chance to sleep on yesterday there are a couple of questions going round in my mind,(not a long journey some would say). How long before we receive the transfer requests of Forshawe and Husband, very good players who seem to be wasting their time at this club. I was not at the game but opinion seems to be that Stuani should play in the middle, where we already have Kike and Nugent, one into three does not go, will we be adding Kike onto the transfer request list also?

i imagine Forshaw will play against burton and perhaps husband too, I doubt they'll leave as we need a sizeable squad to get through a 46 game season plus any cup runs we go on.

I was at the game and I haven't seen enough of stuani to work out what he is, looking at him I'd have thought he'd play up top, doesn't look like a right sided attacking mid but he might grow into the role.

Might see nugent playing in the 10 role sometimes as he frequently seemed to want to come short to collect the ball rather than occupy the space in front of the CBs like kike did last week

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I have had the chance to sleep on yesterday there are a couple of questions going round in my mind,(not a long journey some would say). How long before we receive the transfer requests of Forshawe and Husband, very good players who seem to be wasting their time at this club. I was not at the game but opinion seems to be that Stuani should play in the middle, where we already have Kike and Nugent, one into three does not go, will we be adding Kike onto the transfer request list also?

i imagine Forshaw will play against burton and perhaps husband too, I doubt they'll leave as we need a sizeable squad to get through a 46 game season plus any cup runs we go on.

I was at the game and I haven't seen enough of stuani to work out what he is, looking at him I'd have thought he'd play up top, doesn't look like a right sided attacking mid but he might grow into the role.

Might see nugent playing in the 10 role sometimes as he frequently seemed to want to come short to collect the ball rather than occupy the space in front of the CBs like kike did last week

But is playing in the odd cup game,(in the knowledge that should you progress you will probably be replaced), enough to satisfy them. Karanka has his `go to` players in those positions and I cannot see him changing. I might be arguing against myself here after yesterdays mass changes up front,( which I thought were ridiculous), but what I guess I am looking for is a sensible rotational policy that will get the squad through the whole long season in one piece.

I think how Karanka bounces back from this is as big a test as he's had. Next week's game at Hillsborough will be tough, and we need to start being able to pull games back.

I'm so not looking forward to next week's game. We're always awful at Hillsborough :(

But is playing in the odd cup game,(in the knowledge that should you progress you will probably be replaced), enough to satisfy them. Karanka has his `go to` players in those positions and I cannot see him changing. I might be arguing against myself here after yesterdays mass changes up front,( which I thought were ridiculous), but what I guess I am looking for is a sensible rotational policy that will get the squad through the whole long season in one piece.

I think you're right about a sensible rotation policy, that was my biggest gripe about yesterday. Perhaps changing 1 player, and at most 2 in the front four but to change 3 was beyond ridiculous.

Yesterday I thought would have been a prime opportunity to start Forshaw as one of the two DMs with him being given a bit more freedom as Leadbitter was against Bolton.

Can I just say that there's nothing wrong with trying to stay positive after a defeat?

Just as we all know that not everyone who complains when we lose is a 'bed wetter', not everyone who looks for the positives has their 'head in the sand' or thinks Karanka is a 'God'.

I am pretty deflated by yesterday, and by the second half at Derby, but am on the other hand happy that we're looking like a team that are moving forwards, compared to the years of abject failure under Mowbray and Strachan.

AK made a lot of changes in personnel from game to game last season, and it worked most of the time. It arguably kept the players fresh, but people are only interested when it fails. It does fall on AK's shoulders, and hopefully he is learning lessons about where to play Kalas, changing things around etc, that will benefit us through the season.

Definetly nothing wrong with staying positive after a defeat.. And in the grand scheme of things the defeat yesterday might not make a big difference. No one is in doubt that life under Karanka is a vast improvement on the Strachan/Mowbray era, but what I'm after this year is an improvement on last year, that is what we must do, improve on what we learnt from last year. I don't want to finish 5th this year, lose in the playoffs and say 'oh well we had a good season'.

With the signings we made, we are now up there as favourites for automatic, and so we should be.

I have faith that we will have a good season, Karanka will get it right and we will go up!

But it is difficult to find many positives out of yesterday's defeat, other than maybe Karanka and the 11 players on the pitch might have learnt a couple of things..

On a side note, what was downings goal disallowed for? There's no reference as to why in any of the reports

From what I could see in the north stand it was because Friend was fouled

So disappointed by yesterday's defeat, by the changes, by putting Stuani on the right wing when if anything he should be played as a CF in a 4-4-2 or behind Nugent, by dropping Kike and Fabbrini when they were both in form. To be fair to Wildschut I thought he was absolutely rapid and he got forward and put some decent balls into the box but frustratingly there was no one there to get on the end of them. As for Adomah I would like to emphasise that when he came on EVERY SINGLE ONE of his crosses was overplayed, does he actually not work on this in training or something because he has got no end product whatsoever and his assists from last season show this. I am feeling for Forshaw being sat on the bench frustrated thinking what on earth he has to do to get in the team. As for Nsue playing right back it's easy to complain in hindsight but it worked alright when he played against Bolton didn't it. One thing I can understand about the lineup is dropping Gibson because of the injury he's had even if he was fit for Derb, because it probably wasn't worth taking the risk. But even then Kalas does not play well at CB and Fry or Stephens should have started instead.

On a side note, what was downings goal disallowed for? There's no reference as to why in any of the reports

From what I could see in the north stand it was because Friend was fouled

I was going to ask this as well, I saw someone suggest it was given for a high foot on a Bristol defender who was stooped to about waist height.

For what I saw behind the goal it looked like Nugent holding the defender. Although between the two of them there was absolutely nothing in it imo.

As for the game, we were poor. Too many changes, we're 4 games into the season. Why rotate when we've a cup game on Tuesday night? Wildschut was a poor selection for me, I think due to his pace he flatters to deceive, I'd much rather see Stewy on the left. We could do with another option at LW and send Wildschut out on loan.

There were many poor displays and hopefully this was just a one off, which I do think it was. Two defensive midfielders at home just doesn't work, we're too slow going forward with little urgency.

We are the boro, it was never going to be easy was it?!

Yesterday's starting 11 was more like something you'd put out in the early rounds of the cup. Aitor has underestimated Bristol City and its bitten him on the backside.

More worrying still is that we still don't look capable of coming from behind. I prey we learn our lessons fast this season or there's no chance of a top two finish.