oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 0-1

Doesn't anyone else finding it annoying how he did the same thing last year and clearly hasn't learnt from his mistakes to not take teams in this division lightly?

Very frustrating, Its team selections like today that makes me think, Is he as good as I think he his.

same

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some huge overreactions on here :D

Well Prowler, we certainly wouldn't want that now would we?  :rolleyes:

What are you Insinuating?

I never ***ing overreact, you nazi!

When i look at the next 6 fixtures im worried where we will be after them in the league weve got -

Burton away- ok we are expected to win that easily even with changes to the team no worries their

shef wed away- lose, i expect no points out of that one they are too physical for us.

mk dons home - draw at best, we never play well against teams at the bottom

forest away - away win for boro, Im quite optimistic over this one without assombalonga theyll be playing juke upfront against us lol im sorry that ones just too funny

brentford home - boro win, karanka wont change the team it be back to full strength and i think we have enough to beat brentford

Leeds home - 0 points, boro dominate the match and lose 1-0 against a dogid leeds defence

And if Karanka thought that what we put out today was our strongest 11 (taking into account the tiredness that he said he saw)?

He is the one who sees them in training everyday, sees if they are slightly off the pace compared to what they are usually. None of us see that, none of us can take that into account and for some people on here to be claiming that he changes the team simply because he likes to tinker and that he clearly underestimated Bristol City is not only ridiculous but an insult to AK and what he's done in his 18 months here.

Except that he did underestimate teams last season and it cost us then as well.  Please don't try and claim otherwise as you know it to be true.  He did do the same again today and it cost us.  There's nothing ridiculous about it and what he's done here in 18 months is a lot less than other managers we've had that I've seen so stop treating him like he's some sort of godlike figure incapable of getting things wrong. He screwed up and not for the first time.

Chill out bud, I'm not treating him like a 'godlike figure incapable of getting things wrong'.

As for the rest, that's your opinion, I disagree. Please don't try and tell me what I can and can't say/claim on this forum.

Football is a strange and fickle business....3 weeks ago, how many of the good folk on here would have been arguing for Kike up front, "unproductive" Albert on the right and Fabbrini in the number 10 position? I would hazard a guess, none.

AK will get some things right, he'll get some things wrong, we don't have a God given right to win every game, some people's sense of entitlement is incredible. We are Boro, we don't win every home game, never have, never will.

Completely agree, it seems some are just expecting us to steamroller this league and be promoted by January.

No, we just expect our strongest 11 to start Will.

And if Karanka thought that what we put out today was our strongest 11 (taking into account the tiredness that he said he saw)?

He is the one who sees them in training everyday, sees if they are slightly off the pace compared to what they are usually. None of us see that, none of us can take that into account and for some people on here to be claiming that he changes the team simply because he likes to tinker and that he clearly underestimated Bristol City is not only ridiculous but an insult to AK and what he's done in his 18 months here.

People had it one way, he started Bamford in the Playoff final when he was clearly tired and unfit and pretty much everyone agreed that was the wrong way to go. Now he rotates the squad clearly in an attempt to keep us fresh and he gets slated.

Then AK did everything right then. Our ptoblem is that our best 11 aren't as good as bristol city's.

I for one disagree that it's about playing your best 11. I actually think that nugent is better than Kike. But I would have played kike. Because he is in form and deserves his place. He hasn't looked shattered. And when he does, he will undoubtedly lose form. That is the time to 'drop' him and play your fresh stuani or nugent in his place. Is that not common sense???

Football is a strange and fickle business....3 weeks ago, how many of the good folk on here would have been arguing for Kike up front, "unproductive" Albert on the right and Fabbrini in the number 10 position? I would hazard a guess, none.

AK will get some things right, he'll get some things wrong, we don't have a God given right to win every game, some people's sense of entitlement is incredible. We are Boro, we don't win every home game, never have, never will.

Completely agree, it seems some are just expecting us to steamroller this league and be promoted by January.

No, we just expect our strongest 11 to start Will.

People had it one way, he started Bamford in the Playoff final when he was clearly tired and unfit and pretty much everyone agreed that was the wrong way to go. Now he rotates the squad clearly in an attempt to keep us fresh and he gets slated.

If he thinks that was the strongest team then he's lost his mind.

If all those he left out were unfit to the play (hint - they were not) then the fitness coaches want the sack.

Also what CT said

It highlights the fact we cannot afford to go 1 nil down

We have the names but cannot break down very average defences.

We cannot allow opposition to park buses,because were not good enough to crack them

and score when they do.

I saw visions of Wembley .(sorry) double marked wingers etc

Where too predictable when were 1 down

Back to the drawing board AK IMO

Well that was pretty awful, cant say it wasnt expected though, knew from the second that team came out that we would get beat.

Fabbrini has been our best player so far this season and has been key in everything we have done

Kike has scored 3 in 3

So of course the logical thing to do was drop both of them, what sort of message does that send out to the players? The team looked like they had never played together before, Stuani was awful but thats because he is a striker, why on earth we played him out wide is beyond me. Nugent looked well off the pace but thats expected when a player has only been at the club a week (so why did we start him?) Kalas really isnt a CB so why did he play there when Gibson was sat on the bench.

If we need to rest players in the fourth game then we must have serious problems with player fitness. Love AK and he has done so much for the club but this was a shocking decision to make so many changes, has he learned nothing from last season?! 100% the managers fault today.

Well never ever have I experienced the terrible road and weather conditions like I did today on the A1M, the rain was bubbling on the road, drainage systems were gushing torrents of water, visibility was down to less than 10 yards at time hazard lights were on most cars and speed well crawling, thankfully it improved but my lad took some awesome videos of it, get back home dry as a pancake and high temperatures, seemingly as high as the fans I listened to on the Ali Brownlee show and those sitting near where we were sitting. I also agreed with Nugents assessment, we huffed and puffed and could have been there for hours and still not scored.

Not going to go into too much but we met up with RR and were quite impressed with the team announcement you felt as if we were going to make a real go of it and attack at will, only on paper hey?

Personally I thought Wildshut was our best attacking option first half and was surprised to see him replaced, he worked hard and put some fizzers across the box, just a pity that neither Leadbitter nor Clayton were pushing then selves into the areas the ball was arriving.

Also AK does need to accept the criticism that surely will come his way, he got it wrong today but it is the players on the pitch.

Downing...........not influential at all

Friend...........absent

Leadbitter......not supportive enough and did not drive the team onwards with any grit and determination

Adomah....made a difference but crossing poor in my opinion.

Fabrini...way too much selfish trying silly shots that all cannoned off a defender

Well done Bristol, took the goal superbly and really should have scored again and ran out deserved winners.

Boro well nearly as bad as my drive home!

Chill out bud, I'm not treating him like a 'godlike figure incapable of getting things wrong'.

As for the rest, that's your opinion, I disagree. Please don't try and tell me what I can and can't say/claim on this forum.

Oh give it rest.  Nobody is telling you what you can and can't write and nothing I said in my reply to you suggested anything of the sort.

I agree with what everyone is saying but what i don't get is, why is everyone surprised? He chopped and changed constantly last season, especially at the start of the season and i said it would cost us and it did, It will probably cost us again.

Today for me was a must win especially with Sheffield Wednesday away next where we never get anything. Now we need to go there and get a win, I can't see it

One observation there was loads of room in the middle when we attacked, just a pity that we had no-one in the middle or prepared to attack through the middle and gentlemen now I have had time to read through the thread I have to say somewhat surprised at the childish comments seen on here, everyone has a right to an opinion and a right to reply to that but surely you can deliver a response without resorting to name calling?.

With a two week break fast approaching I sincerely hope that we can get 2 decent results before that period

Oh give it rest.  Nobody is telling you what you can and can't write and nothing I said in my reply to you suggested anything of the sort.

'Please don't try and claim otherwise as you know it to be true'