oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 0-1

Simply Karanka got it wrong, too many changes resulted in an unbalanced coerherent team, he took Bristol City for granted as a poor side, we have shown so many times that if we go a goal behind we haven't the guyle to get things back, I said they were a bogey team but didn't expect that, anyway my take on things;

Dimi: 8 my MOM kept it to 0-1

Nsue 7 good offensively, still not convinced he's a defender

Kalas 4 totally out bullied by their CF so many times the wrong side

Ayala 7 solid but not good at passing

Friend 8 100% as usual

Clapton 7 broke up play as usual but too defensive

Lead better 4 passing poor too slow to move the ball forward

Downing 5 never really got into the game

Stuanni 3 not sure where' he was playing and not sure he knew either

Wileshutt 6 looked lost at first but came more into the.game until he was subbed

Nugents 5 tried to come to deep for the ball, not on the same wavelength as his team mates

Adomah 7 tried hard as ever over hit his 1st few crosses but always looked threatening

Borrini 5 always tried to go forward but over elaborated at times

Like 6 never got into the game

In short too many players out of position and playing Leadbetter & Clapton at home is too defensive

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We could of played till Wednesday and still not scored

Our "names" are not stepping up to the plate

We had soooo many opportunities to test the keeper,and passed it out instead

Thought i was watching ***nal trying to walk it in (without the quality)

God i love the Boro but we need,should be tormenting these teams when they come to the Riverside

I,m running out of reasons why we cannot score and win when 1 down

It shows the other teams in Championship how to go about beating us

GOD FORBID,LEEDS BEAT US IN SEPTEMBER NIGHTMARE

I agree with what everyone is saying but what i don't get is, why is everyone surprised? He chopped and changed constantly last season, especially at the start of the season and i said it would cost us and it did, It will probably cost us again.

Thats the worst thing for me, he has done this time after time and he just wont learn. Why you would drop your two most in form players just seems crazy to me

Four games in. yes today there were mistakes but we still have 11 well paid professionals out there, it was not our day, these things happen. However if say after 10 games the same obvious flaws in both the way we play and not playing your best team is clearly having an adverse effect points and results wise then that will be the time to get concerned.

As of right now we are not one of the best teams in the division, we have a lot of hard work to do and some soul searching by those parties whom upon our hopes lay with

Four games in. yes today there were mistakes but we still have 11 well paid professionals out there, it was not our day, these things happen. However if say after 10 games the same obvious flaws in both the way we play and not playing your best team is clearly having an adverse effect points and results wise then that will be the time to get concerned.

As of right now we are not one of the best teams in the division, we have a lot of hard work to do and some soul searching by those parties whom upon our hopes lay with

I still maintain that, despite not necessarily agreeing with the reasons for changes, it shouldn't have mattered. 11 well paid professionals is exactly what it was out there but too many of said professionals failed to try hard enough. I can't stress how disappointed I was with the attitude of many of our players. They need to take a long hard look at themselves and stop believing they're any better individually than the opposition. If they're premier league class then they need to show it every single minute and fight for the team. Where was the intensity to our game that Karanka keeps speaking about?

I still maintain that, despite not necessarily agreeing with the reasons for changes, it shouldn't have mattered. 11 well paid professionals is exactly what it was out there but too many of said professionals failed to try hard enough. I can't stress how disappointed I was with the attitude of many of our players. They need to take a long hard look at themselves and stop believing they're any better individually than the opposition. If they're premier league class then they need to show it every single minute and fight for the team. Where was the intensity to our game that Karanka keeps speaking about?

Strange comments.....

What does how much they get paid have to do with anything? It certainly wasnt a lack of effort that cost us today

Spot on and why I made the reference to our Captain as he for one did not lead by example, nor push and demand more from his team mates :shy: :shy:

Strange comments.....

What does how much they get paid have to do with anything? It certainly wasnt a lack of effort that cost us today

The professional part is what I was referencing and personally I think there was a distinct lack of effort across the pitch. Almost every single player bottled it. If I had a quid for every time a player just stuck their foot on the ball and turned and passed it back to somebody else rather than make something happen I'd be as rich as the lot of them. The buck stops at Karanka but the players, for me, showed a serious lack of bottle today. 

I recall many games last season when we were chasing the game trying to score in the last 5 or 10 minutes and every single player was fighting to get that ball up there and into the box. Not once did I feel any sense of that kind of urgency today. The players looked beat by the 70th minute and Bristol didn't even have to break a sweat most of the match.

Strange comments.....

Everything to me James, their effort was simply not good enough, yes we can cover it in cotton wool a little due to the AK influence today but as a paying fan today I certainly do not want to watch that kind of performance too many times at games I manage to get too.

Nothing but nothing on display today showed we are auto promotion candidates :)

I honestly cannot believe some of the stuff being discussed on here. We lost one game,  micro-analysis of it aside, we were always going to lose a game or two.

If this is aimed at either myself or Starbuy HC just have a look a few posts back here I pretty much stated that this type of thing happens from time to time ;)

And also with the journey I ad getting home I feel as if I have the right to say how I feel about the game :D

Strange comments.....

The professional part is what I was referencing and personally I think there was a distinct lack of effort across the pitch. Almost every single player bottled it. If I had a quid for every time a player just stuck their foot on the ball and turned and passed it back to somebody else rather than make something happen I'd be as rich as the lot of them. The buck stops at Karanka but the players, for me, showed a serious lack of bottle today. 

That doesnt show a lack of effort though, every player gave 100% as always, but we just wernt good enough on the day.

Its not as easy as a player just "making it happen", Bristol sat back and held onto their lead and we just couldnt break them down, on another day we probably would. Instead of turning and passing backwards would you rather us just hoof it?

today i was expecting a few changes as usual with AK, if stuani was going to play it would be CF and nugent at the same time then like vossen position doing the running in behind. keep downing left side

-------------stuani

downing-- nugent---wildscutt -------------i was expecting that set up. basically 442 with nuge dropping off the big man.

who would you play RW to drop/rest adomah, fabbrini and kike. wildschut surely?? so ak picked the right players(after deciding to not play alb/fab/kike). but i'd keep kalas behind him wildschutt and play stephens or fry at cb. that to me seemed a far better shape and closer to our normal formation, everyone's in a familiar position to normal. i was hoping forshaw would come in for one of clayton or leadbitter to. maybe rest friend and have husband behind. again still a decent shape.

i just cant get what AK was thinking today at all. when i first seen the team my first thoughts were stuani nugent behind with downing and wildschutt on the wings. i was thinking wow lots of changes but still seemed okay in my mind and was hoping the new lads would do okay.

a leicester fan said 'they(us) will get a shock if they think nugent can play up front on his own'. did we see any signs of that today? sat at home again with kids while missus at work. hopefully get to MK dons game.

stuani at RW? well regardless of what positions he played for espanyol it was a clear as day(to me and many others) that he is a brute/targetman CF. whether thats a drop off type one or a lone targetman remains to be seen.

i'm just sat here still scratching my head about it. has he been over thinking tactics? or underestimating them?