oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Bristol City 0-1

It looks like an attempted overhead kick from Stuani hit one of their players in the face

http://www.skysports.com/football/mboro-vs-bristol-c/report/339575

Hmm... notice how he went down on his knees but didn't start holding his face until after he turned his head and saw that the ball was in the net?

I know it's pathetic isn't it

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Karanka is going to make me more angry on Tuesday because he will play at least one of the players who should of started yesterday.. Adomah, Fabbrini, Forshaw, Gibson, Kike... All of those should of started yesterday IMO... Then they could of had the annoying distracting cup game off.

I just watched the game on Boro+. More goals could have been scored for sure.,.,, for both teams but you will give the other team a chance of scoring on a counter attack that is obvious. The long range shots were only speculative efforts with no real threat. It was interesting watching Friend and Ayala in turn trying to organise Kalas! Nugents thoughts of the game were refreshing, honest and realistic.

We move on

I was going to quote sir Alex Ferguson who after winning the league after making one of the worst starts to a season said only judge your team after ten games, then you will know what you have, but sod him I will get my "Karanka out" t-shirt printed tomorrow.

The most frustrating moment of the game was when the ball was drilled at the keeper from the right flank and he spilled it into the path of Nugent but he'd already turned around to start running back downfield. Kike wasn't given praise for following Fabbrini's deflected looping shot against Bolton as "it was a sitter" yet Nugent has got of very lightly for switching off so amateurishly.

I can't even be bothered criticising Karanka's team selection as it was clearly wrong from the start yet he stubbornly persevered with it. I was hoping to see some progression this year especially in terms of becoming more attack minded and clinical in possession but I'm yet to see any improvements. It's still only very early in the season though and we have plenty of time to gel so hopefully there are drastic improvements soon.

To be honest I think generally most of us are still hungover from last season and that includes the team based on what we have seen. There will be a natural concern that this season could go pear shaped and we will do what happened with Derby.

Got to get over it and quickly because as I see it and ok it is early days yet that at this time there is only one autospot open after QPR, I did say at this time though!

To be honest I think generally most of us are still hungover from last season and that includes the team based on what we have seen. There will be a natural concern that this season could go pear shaped and we will do what happened with Derby.

Got to get over it and quickly because as I see it and ok it is early days yet that at this time there is only one autospot open after QPR, I did say at this time though!

I don't buy into a hangover from last season.  I know I moved on from it ages ago and a number of those players had nothing to do with it anyway.  Downing, Stuani, Nugent, Fabbrini even Kalas to a certain extent weren't involved.

There is no hangover, we're just doing exactly the same things as we did last year and it hasn't worked out too well so far.  Last season there were plenty of games like the Preston one where we played like that but nicked a goal from somewhere and won it.  Then the match reviews on here would be full of people saying "well we didn't play well but we got the win and that's the main thing."  This time around we didn't manage that.  Same goes for Derby, lots of games where we'd get ahead and just shut up shop and unfortunately there were a number of games just like yesterday where we'd go behind and seemingly have no clue how to get back into the game.  Think of how often we conceded the first goal and then actually couldn't even get one goal - Leeds home and away, Sheff Wed away, Wolves away, Ipswich away, Watford away, Bournemouth away, Reading at home and of course Norwich in the play off final.  That's not good enough.

Yesterday was compounded by the fact that he clearly played a 'weakened' or changed side but also one that lacked balance, which to me is what actually made it a problem.  The excuse that some people seem to be buying that he thought the players looked tired should actually be even more cause for alarm because if those guys really are tired after three games in two weeks then what the hell are we doing in pre-season and why aren't they in better condition?  Personally I don't believe that for a minute, managers say whatever they have to say and in this case Karanka screwed up and said what he had to say to try and justify his team selection.

I've been a Boro fan for long enough to have seen us lose plenty of matches, that doesn't bother me much.  What bothers me is the manner in which we've played so far this season, which seems an awful lot like what we saw last season, which in the end wasn't good enough to get us over the line.  We've had the whole summer and some substantial financial backing to change this and at the moment it doesn't appear that we've changed a thing.  I would say that's poor management to at least not give yourself alternatives.   Lots of people seem to want us to sign Antonio and it's understandable because the lad can play.  But we have no real cover for Adomah or even someone to push for his place.  We only have three central midfielders and my views on that are well known.  We have issues at the back if Karanka is choosing Nsue and Kalas in those positions.  Where is Woody? Where is Stephens?  If he's not good enough to play then why did we bring him in?   You can't build a team based on defensive strength and then weaken it without it leading to problems.  I think there are alot of questions at the moment and that Sheff Wed game is likely to be a serious test you would think.

I don't see QPR as a standout team in the division. They'll be top 10 no doubt, but definitely not bankers to go back up. Especially when they lose Austin.

I was out enjoying myself yesterday so the game totally passed me by. Which sounds like it was probably a good thing.

People don't half over react on here though. We are going to lose some games. And we will win others. Doesn't mean Karanka is suddenly a rubbish manager.

Yesterday was a good chance to experiment, at home to a newly promoted team, though an understatement to say it backfired massively.

We all learned the depth in the squad isn't there. Hopeful Karanka learned this too and will now play his strongest team for league matches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bournemouth have a smallish squad and were lucky to stay relatively injury free? So it can happen. I don't think any other Championship teams rotate players in league matches.

I don't think we'll see Stuani out wide again (though I think we'll see Karanka try Nugent there). Wildschcut might be benched for a while, which is a shame as would have been good to see him in a balanced eleven.

It didn't work yesterday, we'll move on quickly - games coming thick and fast.

UTB

P.S. Bristol City should do well this season

still annoyed with yesterday's result, should never have lost that being at home, losing 3 points at Derby was bad enough, always start your best 11 in the league, i don't buy into this players are tired crap either, 4 games in and they are knackered ?

want to see a formation change too, 4132, tired of leadbitter/clayton, way to defensive, grant should be dropped.

i can't see us picking up any points at Wednesday either, Kike being left out has probably knocked his confidence.

i wanted us out the cups asap, but now i'm thinking if AK wants to mess with the team it's best to stay in them, but he has to change it for the cup games only.