oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burton Albion A Capital One Cup 2-1 aet

Was at the game last night;

First half was poor, you could tell that woodgate was rusty when on the ball him and Gibson looked solid at the back! friend was little wasteful with the ball going forward. The middle of the park was the big issue and lack of width going forward. Grant was buzzing around attempting to link up the play Stephens had few good touches very similar to Clayton mind lot of side ways passing! Reach was never looking to beat his man all game just dropping the ball inside or back to friend. Foreshaw in the no 10 didn't work for me few neat touches but passing was off the radar.

Second Half;

Bringing on Fabrini allowed the front 3 behind Kike to interchange and Foreshaw looked better slotted along side Leadbitter. Kalas was getting forward a lot more and played a great ball in for the first goal for us. Was a lot of trying to create the perfect chance rather than firing the ball into the mixer or at a the keeper who was poor! Downing on allowed the front 3 behind kike to swap and cause the Burton back 4 problems. CS & Kike played some nice passing moves.

Extra time, Burton totally dead on there feet and you always felt the goal was coming for boro. CS scored the winner then it was mainly a keep ball exercise.

Mejias; 7 solid performance and distribution was better than in the past.

Kalas; 7 solid at the back good going forward and go through a large work load

Friend; 6 not best game was poor going forward and nothing special at the back very average performance

Gibson; 7 made vital block in extra time, distribution was mixed but was always willing to take short ball from Mejias

Woodgate; 7 was rusty at first on the ball, read then game well and dealt with Burton pace as and when needed.

Stephens; 6 few neat touches and tackles comfortable on the ball also

Leadbitter; 6 drove the ball forward more in the second half worked hard all game decent shot in extra time

Forshaw; 6 poor first half at no10 role a lot better in second neat and tidy on the ball.

Reach; 5 didn't offer anything going forward and didn't gamble on the back post a few times. Was disappointed as wanted him to really go at his man.

Stuani; 8 certainly is not an RW on this performance but get him in the box and he scores goals. High work load all game and some good link up play

Kike; 6 I like kike held up the ball well work his socks of for the game and was unlucky and he is very greedy in front of goal which I like.

Subs;

Downing; 7 interchanged across the front 3 wish he would be more willing to have a shot at times!

Fabrini; 7 similar to downing again beat his man had few attempts and always on the move.

Nsue; N/A

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things that jumped out at me even in those 1 minute highlights was forshaw playing a neat through ball that reach scuffed and then again flying into the box to get a narrowly missed header from leadbitters cross. This is exactly what we need to complement leadbitter or Clayton. Hope he starts sat.

Highlights are misleading! Looked better next to Leadbitter rather than in the no10 role but it was only Burton we played against!

2 things that jumped out at me even in those 1 minute highlights was forshaw playing a neat through ball that reach scuffed and then again flying into the box to get a narrowly missed header from leadbitters cross. This is exactly what we need to complement leadbitter or Clayton. Hope he starts sat.

Highlights are misleading! Looked better next to Leadbitter rather than in the no10 role but it was only Burton we played against!

You can only beat what's in front of you. I agree with number 10 bit. Karanka has tried it before and he never looks good there. Needs to be picking it up deeper.

.....Rich, I think you should let your 12 year old get some sleep now......

It's the school holidays so it's not a problem.  Got to toughen them up somehow :)

When is this bloody draw. Ive got a 12 yr old who should be in bed

How the hell did his appear today ??????? Ill have social services over. My mates already acuse me of child abuse for getting him to support boro

When is this bloody draw. Ive got a 12 yr old who should be in bed

How the hell did his appear today ??????? Ill have social services over. My mates already acuse me of child abuse for getting him to support boro

Oh God I just realised that I assumed it was your son, but on further reading you didn't say that : )

So from last night's showing are we now wanting CS to play right wing or not? Heard mixed reviews so far

Think if anything, last night's performance shows how we need him in the middle. Both goals came from him being in the centre when the ball came to him.

So from last night's showing are we now wanting CS to play right wing or not? Heard mixed reviews so far

Think if anything, last night's performance shows how we need him in the middle. Both goals came from him being in the centre when the ball came to him.

He drifted in from the right on both occasions though.