oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Wed (A) 3-1

I shall oblige Uwe.

Brilliant game, best away performance this season (cup games included). Sharp from the off and dominated proceedings barring an uncomfortable 20 minutes after half time after they bombed forward with that Austrian steam train.

Dimi - 7. Not at fault for the goal, distribution was better than usual also. Made a cracking save from a free kick of theirs and was otherwise his usual solid self.

Nsue - 7.5. Very good game in my opinion. Attacked well, defended quite well too and put in a really good shift. Could have passed it at the end of the game though to give us a chance for a 4th.

Ayala - 6.5. Great first half, struggled a bit second half with Nuhiu. Some wayward passing and a few risky passes in defence too. Overall solid and decent.

Gibson - 6. See Ayala + a yellow card.

George - 7. Pretty standard George.

Leadbitter - 7. Got forward well this game, great passing and movement (and the movement of the midfield 5 behind the striker in the first half was almost total fluid so that comment goes for each and every one of them). Corners were on the whole better than usual, almost assisted Forshaw at the death.

Clayton - 6. No one in particular was at fault for the goal, but Clayton is most liable for it with some awful, static defending at the edge of the box allowing Joao to pick his spot. Other than that was solid and reliable with some good passing.

Downing - 8. Best game in a Boro shirt since 2010. Passing, movement and dribbling was absolutely top notch. He and Reach were constantly drifting inside and outside of defenders and their positioning and movement was a delight first half. Good call to substitute him as the game was getting very direct and physical.

Fabbrini - 6.5. Mixed bag of a game. On one hand he scored a good goal and regularly bamboozled their defenders with his trickery and movement. On the other he got overly feisty, wasted a glorious chance to make a second goal by greedily dribbling the ball straight into a defender and gave away the ball a lot. More good than bad though, but nowhere near as good as his MOTM performance against Bolton.

Reach - 8.5 - MOTM. Best game for Reach I may have seen. He was in 5th gear right from the start. He was taking on defenders, playing incisive, accurate and fast passes and sending crosses into the right areas regularly picking out a man. Was unlucky not to have a hattrick today, cracking chance in the first half was well saved before his goal. Defensive workrate was incredible. He also looked much quicker today, frequently outpacing the Wednesday defenders. Second half he was quieter, but tracke back and countered well. Highlight of his game was when Clayton hooked the ball high into the air under pressure which was landing edge of the box without a boro player in sight between the keeper and centre back who didn't seem fussed. Reach saw this from about 40 yards away, sprinted between them causing panic and winning a corner. Top vision and workrate.

Kike - 6.5. Some nice touches and passes but was ultimately fairly uninvolved today. Most of the chances were created and taken by the 5 behind him.

Subs

Stuani - 7. Worked hard, one bad pass but good touches elsewhere and a cracking finish from a tight angle.

Nugent - 7. Drove us onward, put their defenders under pressure and thus relieved our own. Excellent assist for Fabbrini's taking the ball down with his chest before turning and sending him clear and another good assist for Stuani.

Forshaw - 6.5. Put himself about and very nearly scored a header at the death to make it 1-4. Didn't have the time to make a big impact on the game.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Can somebody who was at the game give some player ratings please. I was at my boys football tournament so only had one earphone listening to Boro+. I used to really like reading them. (It was really bad timing that Reach scored almost exactly the Same time as my lads team conceded and I cheered) true story :s

Here's mine if you wish...

Dimi - 7. Collected well made a couple of decent save but looked to be bear easily for their goal. Not sure if it looped over him after a deflection so might be being harsh.

Nsue - 8. Had a solid game going forward although he didn't make the most of a few good positions he had made from himself. Defensively made some good clearences and headers, looked very good today.

Ayala - 9. Was an absolute tower of strength at the back. Looked comfortable on the ball, bringing the ball out of defence a few times. Dealt with the majority of things thrown at him.

Gibbo - 8. Part of the solid back pairing. Both played well and it was nice to see them back together.

Friend - 7. Not his best game but didn't do too much wrong either. Linked up really well with Reach.

Clayton - 7. Broke up play really well. Seemed to move the ball a bit quicker too. Did well after getting a yellow card in the first half (I think it was).

Leadbitter - 7. Similar to Clayton. Broke up play but drove forward well. A real captains performance.

Downing - 7. Definitely has that extra class that showed in the first half. However faded pretty badly in the second half and was replaced.

Fabbrini - 7. A but of a difficult one to rate. I think with his style of play you have to accept that he will lose the ball. But this cost us a goal on one occasion, but he more than made up for that with his goal. Hugely frustrating but talented in equal measure.

Reach - 9. Excellent game. Covered all the ground, got forward but tracked back to help Gorgeous. Got in some dangerous positions and put in a good ball. His goal was well deserved. Very positive performance

Kike - 7. Worked very hard up top on his own. Had little in terms of chances but did well in holding up the ball and giving their defenders a tough afternoon.

Subs:

Nugent - 8. 2 assists in his cameo, worked hard. Made some very good runs aswell. A very good player to be able to bring on.

Stuani - 8. Total different player to the one I saw at Bristol City. Beat his mam on a few occasions. Put himself about and scored a good goal.

Forshaw - 7. Didnt have a lot of time but did look lively on the ball. Gave us a different option when it was needed. Unlucky not to score.

Sorry if that was long winded! Never done one before. All in all, it was an excellent away performance. Apart from around 10/15 minute spell we were in full control. Looking at some comments I don't think this came across on the radio! It never looked to me like we were hanging on but it was a great response to them scoring.

Brilliant and unexpected result for me! I went with the hope of a draw (if we were lucky)

Taking note of next month's fixtures, with the cup game against Wolves added into the mix, it is so important we get a few wins and clean sheets. This 2 week break is going to be vital in terms of getting the new boys up to speed and preparing for 5 games in the space of two weeks.

The importance is in that 4 out of those 5 games we play are at home. MK Dons, Brentford, Wolves(cup) and Leeds.

The away game sandwiched in the middle is at Forest and with regards to that match, it will now be an interesting couple of days to see how Forest get on in the window.

There's one game the week after Leeds, at the start of October before another 2 week break, which is Reading away. Might be able to make that one, much closer to my neck of the woods down here in London!

Dimi - 7

Didn't have much to do but did most of the game but pulled out a couple good saves when he had to and couldn't do anything about there goal.

Nsue - 7.5

Really played well today IMO. Good on the ball and for forward when the opportunity came. Can't remember him getting caught out and looked defensively sound all game.

Ayala - 8

looked slow on the ball at first but really lead the line from then on. Was a typical Ayala performance. Great in the air and getting a key interception in stopping there lad go through on goal.

Gibbo - 7.5

See Ayala. Defensively sound. Did what he had to.

Friend - 7

Not his most energetic game attacking wise, probably under instructions to stay back, but none the less a typical friend performance, giving 110%.

Clayton - 7

Solid and protected the back 4 well. Maybe could have got closer to there shot for there goal if I'm being chewy.

Leadbitter - 7.5

See Clayton.

Downing - 8

Played very well first half and was at the heart of most of our attacks and build up. Drifted centrally a lot which caused them problems. Quiet second half and didn't do much.

Fabbrini - 7

Showed glimpses of quality, but to often he got knocked off the ball because he wouldn't pass it etc. they wouldn't have scored if he played nugent through 1 on 1. But then he goes and scores a super goal the other end. Grafted well today. Frustrating but then scored the wining goal so can't really complain.

Reach - 9 - MOTM

Buzzing for Adam. Me a***st many others were disappointed at seeing him starting today, but how wrong we could be. Swapped wings with downing quite a bit and could have scored and maybe should have scored before he got his goal which he took well. Ran his socks off all day and really covered the miles. Great performance.

Kike - 7.5

Played well today and held the ball up well. Didn't really get into the game that much and didn't have any real chances. Pressured well though today and caused them mistakes at the back which was good to see.

Subs:

Nugent - 8.5

Instant impact. Great substitute from AK. Made numerous of great runs and got 2 great assists. Looks like he could be a handy player in our promotion push.

Stuani - 8

Did well when he came on and his finish for his goal was excellent. Top draw. Looks like we may have found our 20+ goal striker? Who knows.

Forshaw - N/A

Can't really comment but amazingly hit the post with a header from a corner haha

Great team spirit and performance. We really needed it after the week gone. Morale should be high going into the international break and hopefully add one or two new faces.

Happy days!! :)

Stuani - 8. Total different player to the one I saw at Bristol City. Beat his mam on a few occasions. Put himself about and scored a good goal.

Bloody hell, there's no need for that! :D

Cheers MMC and EstonSmog.

Quite a discrepancy between both of your views on Ayala. But I'm chuffed to bits for Reach. Just hope the lad can find some consistency (going forward anyways)

Can somebody who was at the game give some player ratings please. I was at my boys football tournament so only had one earphone listening to Boro+. I used to really like reading them. (It was really bad timing that Reach scored almost exactly the Same time as my lads team conceded and I cheered) true story :s

I think I speak for us all when I say that we don't want individuals like this at our club.

:D

I think I speak for us all when I say that we don't want individuals like this at our club.

Haha bloody predictive text! To be fair it was a bit uncalled for :D

Evening, just seen a pic linked to a tweet from Clayton and I don't know if I've missed something or if it was just a really well timed photo but the shirts today looked like they didn't have Ramsdens across the front?

*edited due to blimin iPhone predictive text!!!!!

Haha bloody predictive text! To be fair it was a bit uncalled for :D

Just edited a post myself! Predictive Bloomingdales text!!!!!

Evening, just seen a pic linked to a tweet from Clayton and I don't know if I've missed something or if it was just a really well timed photo but the shirts today looked like they didn't have Ramsdens across the front?

*edited due to blimin iPhone predictive text!!!!!

Well timed photo I think!

I shall oblige Uwe.

Brilliant game, best away performance this season (cup games included). Sharp from the off and dominated proceedings barring an uncomfortable 20 minutes after half time after they bombed forward with that Austrian steam train.

Dimi - 7. Not at fault for the goal, distribution was better than usual also. Made a cracking save from a free kick of theirs and was otherwise his usual solid self.

Nsue - 7.5. Very good game in my opinion. Attacked well, defended quite well too and put in a really good shift. Could have passed it at the end of the game though to give us a chance for a 4th.

Ayala - 6.5. Great first half, struggled a bit second half with Nuhiu. Some wayward passing and a few risky passes in defence too. Overall solid and decent.

Gibson - 6. See Ayala + a yellow card.

George - 7. Pretty standard George.

Leadbitter - 7. Got forward well this game, great passing and movement (and the movement of the midfield 5 behind the striker in the first half was almost total fluid so that comment goes for each and every one of them). Corners were on the whole better than usual, almost assisted Forshaw at the death.

Clayton - 6. No one in particular was at fault for the goal, but Clayton is most liable for it with some awful, static defending at the edge of the box allowing Joao to pick his spot. Other than that was solid and reliable with some good passing.

Downing - 8. Best game in a Boro shirt since 2010. Passing, movement and dribbling was absolutely top notch. He and Reach were constantly drifting inside and outside of defenders and their positioning and movement was a delight first half. Good call to substitute him as the game was getting very direct and physical.

Fabbrini - 6.5. Mixed bag of a game. On one hand he scored a good goal and regularly bamboozled their defenders with his trickery and movement. On the other he got overly feisty, wasted a glorious chance to make a second goal by greedily dribbling the ball straight into a defender and gave away the ball a lot. More good than bad though, but nowhere near as good as his MOTM performance against Bolton.

Reach - 8.5 - MOTM. Best game for Reach I may have seen. He was in 5th gear right from the start. He was taking on defenders, playing incisive, accurate and fast passes and sending crosses into the right areas regularly picking out a man. Was unlucky not to have a hattrick today, cracking chance in the first half was well saved before his goal. Defensive workrate was incredible. He also looked much quicker today, frequently outpacing the Wednesday defenders. Second half he was quieter, but tracke back and countered well. Highlight of his game was when Clayton hooked the ball high into the air under pressure which was landing edge of the box without a boro player in sight between the keeper and centre back who didn't seem fussed. Reach saw this from about 40 yards away, sprinted between them causing panic and winning a corner. Top vision and workrate.

Kike - 6.5. Some nice touches and passes but was ultimately fairly uninvolved today. Most of the chances were created and taken by the 5 behind him.

Subs

Stuani - 7. Worked hard, one bad pass but good touches elsewhere and a cracking finish from a tight angle.

Nugent - 7. Drove us onward, put their defenders under pressure and thus relieved our own. Excellent assist for Fabbrini's taking the ball down with his chest before turning and sending him clear and another good assist for Stuani.

Forshaw - 6.5. Put himself about and very nearly scored a header at the death to make it 1-4. Didn't have the time to make a big impact on the game.

That about sums it up nicely m8  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cracking display,confident and sure footed 

Midfield closed down and tackled well

Leadbitter and Fabbrini my men of the match (cant split them)

Ayala solid as always

It was like their fans knew it was coming

Didnt hear much from them

Like mentioned before,would like to see Nsue take on a few players

Maybe that will come with confidence

Happy,very happy  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dont really know how to sum that up, pretty much the complete opposite of what we all predicted. Couldnt fault a single player. Really thought we would struggle today too.

Reach was good, really really good. He gets alot of criticism but he has so much potential, plus he is a perfect fit into the system we play. Everything we did in the first half was through Reach, on another day he could have scored three.