oneBoro Forum
Powlay

UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE (U19s) Boro in Europe!

To be honest, apart from England the nly other one I was sure of was Spain haha, I just assumed because that was the reason in those two countries it was like that everywhere

I don't get to read up much on the youth teams. Can someone explain how they ended up in the UEFA Youth league and how the format works.

Great to see the youth teams in general doing so well

They won the U-18 league

Every team that qualifies for CL has their U-19 (U-18 in england I suppose) team qualified and they play the same groups

To this season also the winners of the national leagues for the top 32 countries in europe qualified.

Those 32 teams play in 2 knock out stages against eachother. The 8 teams that goes forward from that will meet a group runner up from the CL groups.

We are now 1 match from being in that phase (we won 3-0 against Torino tonight)

Sorry my english is not the best so i dont know how clear I was :(

I think thats how it works anyway

Here you have it in writng from uefa

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2016/competitionformat/index.html

Thanks for the information guys. If they won the league why didn't they qualify for the champions league route?

Youve got to be a champions league team to go that route

Anyone know who this jakopovic is. ???

some austrian forward we bought apperently 17 years old, played for austrias u-16, u17 and now u-19 teams

some austrian forward we bought apperently 17 years old, played for austrias u-16, u17 and now u-19 teams

Oh yea...of course him :)

Shame we no longer seem to have much coverage of the U18/U21's, big big game for the lads tonight, lets hope two wins are the result.

Would be great to have some feedback from the game and a score update.