• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Got sucked into this life of euphoria and heartbreak by my dear old Granddad quite late on when I was about 10. Most of the family aren't really football supporters, those who are support Aston Villa as they're from that part of the world. And since they now live in Boro, thankfully didn't take me to a Villa game. For some reason, on a bit of a whim I suppose as the only game I went to beforehand was an England U-21 game, he decided to buy me a season ticket for THAT 2005-2006 season. Need I say more?

I think the first game I went to was a friendly game against Athletico Madrid? and infrequently went to a few games around 2001(cup games against Everton and Man Utd stand out) but after the 2002 World Cup and the exciting signings like Juninho, Geremi, Boateng and Maccarone in that summer window I got hooked on football and Boro as before then I was more into watching wrestling.

Moved to Boro from Northern Ireland in 76, started going with my older brother, he took me to a draw with Man City, standing in the Holgate. Fell in love with the atmosphere, the singing, the nearly being crushed, the reckless chaos of it all.

I was an Army Kid in Germany and Dad decided i should have a fotball kit for my 9th birthday in '83. Being as we had one channel and Liverpool were always on Telly i asked for that. He bought me and England one and when on leave made me walk from Nans in Stockton to Ayresome on 8/9 Apr 1983 to watch my first game (i think against Derby 2-3, def a team in white).

The smell, the noise from the holgate, the rush forward when we scored, hook, line and sinker. I then did the same (nearly, we drove!) to my 2 boys in 2002?? (aged 5 and 3). Since they have both become hooked on away days, the last 2 seasons have been my best watching the Boro funnily enough.

dont remember the exact first game, dad said when i was little he used to take me in the north stand, i never watched the game and just played with the seats and complained i was bored lol.

First game i can remember properly was 1986 fa cup 3-0 win at AP to blackpool, slaven hattrick. he became an instant hero obviously i was 9 at the time. i think we had a year or two out before that. probably due to us being shocking and dad not wanting me to suffer the agony at that age.

I think I might have been on the same primary school trip KM786. I remember there were quite a few different schools there with my class. Was it in about 2002?.

I think so, I went with Linthorpe Juniors School (which it was called back then before it joined up with Linthorpe Infants School to become Linthorpe Community Primary School), I can remember our coach did pick up students from Archibald Primary School. What a small world we live in :D

I'm born and bread. My dad has been taking me since I was about 3. But I can't remember any specific games. I've been a season ticket holder since I was 5 in 2002. This will be the first season where I miss games on a regular basis :s

My earliest memory was against coventry at ayresome park early 70s. I'm born and bred in Boro so it was in the blood also I was too young to stay up for match of the day and the only other tv coverage was 'shoot' on a Sunday afternoon which showed the best local game from that weekend, so my exposure to other teams was limited anyway. I'm not the biggest fan of football to be honest, I gave up on watching England long ago and rarely watch anyone other than the Boro other than championship highlights to weigh up the opposition. I just love the whole package of going to the game -especially away and supporting my club. Now the wife has got the bug its added to the fun. Unfortunately i will only get to about 70% of this seasons games but will be sneakily streaming the blackburn match on boxing day from mexico if i can get away with it.

First game was a pre season friendly with my dad against Ajax I think it was 1978. I used to play footy at weekends but used to do the odd week day game and then moved away from the area when 15. I played footy through my 20's but started going to Boro games again into my 30's.

I remember a couple of lads in our year at school played for the Boroboys and going to Ayresome Park to watch them play a national cup final. I remember Stuart Ripley was in the team.

Wasn't really a huge football fan back in the day. First game was against Leeds in the Premier League, it finished 2-2. It was a school trip, spent the morning at Eston Sports Academy then Riverside Stadium in the afternoon. The rest was history...

My love for Boro has grown and grown ever since.

What's your first transfer memory KM?  ;)

Hate to admit it but I started out as an Aresnal fan , Charlie George and all that , because my old man supported them. First game at the Boro though was in 1974 v Chelsea , 1-1 draw with the late great Willie Maddren getting our goal , hooked ever since.

Went to my first game at Ayresome park, think it was against Bradford City in the very early 90's, aged 4.

I have since moved arouind the country, trying to get to all the games geographically possible.

I have finally settled in Sunderland (my fiance and her family are all mad sunderland fans) so the last few years I have had my season ticket back and still getting to the games.

Up the Boro!