• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is looking for a young natural DM for Boro (or anyone really) then go for Kristoffer Ajer. Just signed him and he looks like he is going to be good.

Had him in the last version. Developed into a cracking midfielder, box to box. Missed out in him this game, he chose Atletico over Boro.

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone doing with it? I love it! :D

Started unemployed with decent credentials. Got the WBA job in February when they were 6 points adrift at the foot of the Prem. Rescued them from relegation on the last day of the season!

Following season was a bloody nightmare though... was sacked before Xmas with them sat 19th in the table not long after an 8 game winless run...

Boro's story is amazing, though. AK had us top of the table by a mile before a lapse of form dropped us into the Play Off positions, then a good run had us 2nd with 6 remaining before Swansea took Aitor away. Paul Lambert got the job, didn't win a game and finished 7th...

2016/17 Lambert was appealing again and we were 20th and without a penny to spend. I got the job late January and took us to 8th end of the season.

Just finished 2017/18 and finished 3rd, beating Stoke 7-1 on agg in the Play Off Semis and QPR 5-2 at Wembley!

Nice to see the youth development being much better in this game. Game time really does massively improve their ability and potential. My Boro Stars that won promotion are:

GK - Yoel / Ward

RB - Cancelo (Loan) / Odujabo

CB - Ayala / Llorente

CB - Gibson / Fry

LB - Friend / *Regen*

CM - Forshaw / Lowe

CM - Baker (Loan) / Leadbitter

RW - Adomah / Chapman

AM - Jakupovic / *Regen*

LW - Lingard / Reach

ST - Martin / Brown (Loan)

Been thoroughly enjoying it so far. Though first match - the one v Boro reserves - had a scoreline of 10-5 and I thought uh oh, having flashbacks to last year's crazy scorelines. But after that aberration it's been pretty solid. The only thing I think so far negatively is that it feels like there's a few too many injuries but not game-breakingly so and might get tweaked by the final release date version (is that Saturday?).

I'm only about half a season through with Boro thanks to my famous slowness with this game - honestly, I don't know how everyone flies ahead of me so much! But so far top of the league and into the semi-final of the League Cup against Leicester. Approaching the January transfer window and wanting to sell Nugent and Stuani! Doing the job... just, Nugent more so than Stuani. De Pena looks like a wonderkid but a miserable one who moans about not being in the team when he's two minutes back after injury. Forshaw also moans like nobody's business even when he's in the team, and Adomah is a bit grumpy too. Kike is top striker except he's picked up a couple of spells of injury. The only signing I've made that was immediately useful to the first team was Nuno Coelho in defence on a free and kicked out Amorebieta to save some wages. Other signings have been young 'uns that I couldn't say how good they are yet.

Stuani was beast for me when I first took over. Scored a hatful as an Advanced Forward! I only signed Chris Martin because Stuani had spat out his dummy about my rejecting a bid from Lille. Couldn't get De Pena to perform myself... In fact, no one wants him and he's likely leaving on a Bosman for me!

Give Jakupovic some game time and he quickly turns into an absolute world beater. Played up top against QPR in the Play Off Final for me - Martin & Izzy Brown got injured - and netted 4. Legend.

I've noticed the injuries, too - and players spitting out their dummy a lot. Stuani, Downing, Ayala, Llorente and Martinez all did it when I took over. Ayala settled down and signed a new deal, Llorente has settled down, too. The rest have gone / are going. Hopefully that should clam a bit now we're in the Peemiership

I've just started a Parma game on the full version. Going to get them back to the big time. Went on Holiday for first season as they start in Seria D and you can't manage in that division. Then took over after they got promoted after the first season. So I'm just starting the Seria C season now. Going to get them in Seria A and then focus on youth.

I picked up Uniao Madeira from Portugal, favorites for relegation and yada yada yada.

Ive exceeded expectation every season, however, this game seems awful in terms of tactics. I constantly find myself having to adjust my tactic from season to season - drastically, not minor corrections here and there.

All of a sudden, in spite of fighting for European football 2 seasons in a row, I am now bang last 29 games in. It is very frustrating to constantly be reactive to the opponents tactic.

Initially, the opponent would score from crosses fking constantly. What do I do? Mark tighter, close down, tackle harder. Job done. Next up, through balls are a ***ing pain to deal with - what do I do? Get that sht fixed. Next up, CORNERS, fking corners. Fixed again. What can this AI possibly come up with next? Well, my team ALL OF A SUDDEN is unable to create ANY chances AT ALL - out of fking nowhere.

V9rTvIY.jpg

I believe this picture sums it up.

So while I thoroughly enjoyed it in beta, the game, yet again, fks up everything with an update and screws your save completey. You could argue I should simply adapt, but thats what ive done every single season so far. I now have the strongest squad yet, but I struggle the most. Ive switched between new tactics, and old, proven tactics. Nothing works now. Luckily, ive managed to handle my anger and not smashed my mouse. but fk this game

Sounds like not much have changed Nics. Sounds exactly like the games I had on the previous version. Has anyone tried the FM touch thing that should come with the full game. You should able to play you save game on your tablet too.

Nice - What's the personality of your squad like? That seems to make a huge different this time round.

Finished my first season in the Premiership with Boro; excellent season finishing 11th. Was predicted 18th, so very happy with that - especially give I didn't make many signings. The continuity and youth seemed to work very well. The added TV Rights money means we had loads to spend in the summer, so brought in a few good players including Welbeck and Jones (Bosmans), Berahino, Baker, Rüdiger and a permanent deal for Canelo. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1 in the new season so far.