oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Bought the game last night. Decided I want the new one even though I don't play a lot. Game crashed when I tried to minimize it in order to browse the web. Just a black screen when I went back to the game and task manager said the game didn't respond. Anyone else had that problem? Think I'll just play in window mode from now on.

Never got around to play a game but had my tactics set at 4-4-2 as I want Stuani and Nugent up top with Downing and Adomah as wingers in a flat 4 man midfield.

Who is the better keeper of Agazzi and Dimi?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so, somehow someway I turned it around and avoided relegation.

Switched tactics, won friendlies left and right. I lost the first match 4-2 on 4 set pieces. Let's leave it at that.

Let me rant just a tad me - My economy is very healthy considering my small income through sponsors, entrance, etc.. Come 1st September, I felt happy with my squad.

The transfer window had just shot down, I had successfully fended off offers from respectable clubs in a bid to retain my core.

Well, at least I thought so!

http://imgur.com/a/3oHeY

Surely, this is a bug. I even "Disputed" the transfer with the board and they let me know they'd cancelled the transfer. But nope, it got through anyway. This game man. Any injury to any CB and I'm fked. I can't buy a replacement as the transfer window has closed, and Portugal does not offer emergency loans.

___

Also - personality wise, my assistent claims my squad is professional. Morale was obviously poor come the end of the season. Morale plays a huuuge factor which I actually quite like.

Bought the game last night. Decided I want the new one even though I don't play a lot. Game crashed when I tried to minimize it in order to browse the web. Just a black screen when I went back to the game and task manager said the game didn't respond. Anyone else had that problem? Think I'll just play in window mode from now on.

Never got around to play a game but had my tactics set at 4-4-2 as I want Stuani and Nugent up top with Downing and Adomah as wingers in a flat 4 man midfield.

Who is the better keeper of Agazzi and Dimi?

Haven't had the black screen problem, though have had an issue only since it came out of beta where it would hang on the between-games screen with the calendar. You could click behind it but it wouldn't move off the calendar to let you see what you were clicking. Only happened a couple of times when tabbing out from the screen to check something else. Agazzi is the better of the two, though I picked up a cheap Norwegian keeper called Sondre Rossbach and he's proving the best of the lot so far, so about to consider ending Agazzi's loan.

I'm conceding so many goals from crosses. Don't know how to defend that. Just lost 2-6 at Wednesday and 2-6 at home to MK Dons! The crazy scorelines seem to continue in this game. I also had the problem with crosses when the '15 version was released. 90% of goals scored are from crosses. The central defenders just seem completely lost.¨

I sold Nsue for 2.4 million and Wildschutt for 800k. Thought they were som good deals, but the two heavy losses came after Í sold Nsue (he was playing RB).

I'm conceding so many goals from crosses. Don't know how to defend that. Just lost 2-6 at Wednesday and 2-6 at home to MK Dons! The crazy scorelines seem to continue in this game. I also had the problem with crosses when the '15 version was released. 90% of goals scored are from crosses. The central defenders just seem completely lost.¨

I sold Nsue for 2.4 million and Wildschutt for 800k. Thought they were som good deals, but the two heavy losses came after Í sold Nsue (he was playing RB).

My right-back choices have been rough. Nsue wasn't cutting it, Damia kept getting injured and wasn't that great anyway, Kalas was rubbish... sold Nsue, failed to sell Damia in a little window of him not being injured, sent Kalas packing. Bought Varela from Man Utd in the January window, not been great so far, and got Donati on loan from Italy and he's been awful. Best right-back has been Stephens and he's not even a right back. Varela is starting to improve but even the board has raised concerns about him. On the left, sorted. Husband is the best, Friend a good back up, no problem.

I've been playing flat back four, then two central midfielders (usually Clayton and Leadbitter) then two attacking wingers and two strikers. Goals haven't been totally out of whack on mine but, well, not many goalless draws, it'd be fair to say.

Can't remember who was RB when I joined Boro... I got Cancelo on loan from Valencia though and he was beast! I've tried Darikwa and Odubajo in previous seasons, both mediocre. Jordan Williams from Liverpool is good.

George Friend was beast for me; Husband just couldn't get a look in! Gorgeous will have been in his prime when I took over, though.

Fourth season over. My second in the Premiership with Boro and we finished 7th, a single point off Europe and the Top 6... That was heart breaking! Just taken the England job after De Boer failed to get us out of the Euros Group Stages. My Boro beauties:

GK - Emiliano Martinez / Ben Garrett

RB - Joao Cancelo / Jordan Williams

CB - Wallace / *Regen*

CB - Ben Gibson / *Regen*

LB - *Regen* / *Regen*

CM - Lewis Baker / Rodney Kongolo

CM - Thiago / Adam Forshaw

RW - Son Heoung-Min / Harry Chapman / Albert Adomah

AM - Arnel Jakupovic / Adnan Januzaj

LW - Danny Welbeck / Izzy Brown

ST - Saido Berahino / James Wilson

Berahino was 2nd top scorer in the Prem last season; scored 25 goals. Adomah topped the assists with 20. He's deteriorating with age rapidly now, though. Cancelo close behind with 17.

I've found playing one winger and one inside forward increases the goals tally massively. Also playing with Attacking Wing Backs means your full backs get tons of assists. Mainly because, as already pointed out, crosses are the main outlet for goals this year!

I see that the "sudden loss of form syndrome" is still there. Go 15 games unbeaten and score in every game and then BAM 10 games without a win including massive losses against bottom teams. It's ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing new about this game apart from the skin changes. I certainly can't recommend buying it if you already have the previous version. And if you don't, then buy the '14 version.

I see that the "sudden loss of form syndrome" is still there. Go 15 games unbeaten and score in every game and then BAM 10 games without a win including massive losses against bottom teams. It's ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing new about this game apart from the skin changes. I certainly can't recommend buying it if you already have the previous version. And if you don't, then buy the '14 version.

Or go back to Championship Manager 2001 <3

Anyways. I sold some players. Reinvested that *** so I could run the club with £1 mil deficit every month. Changed my tactic to full kamikaze. Sitting 2nd in the league at January. I have no idea what im doing, but it´s working.

I've suffered this season after refusing to sell my starts to bigger clubs. Cancelo, Baker, Wallace - all were unhappy at me rejecting offers from the likes of Barca, Man City, Dortmund... And form dropped massively after that. From now on, if I can't talk a player into staying, they just have to leave. Otherwise, it's suicide!

So, Wallace and Cancelo have gone. Baker has been dropped to the bench because of his poor form and we seem to be turning a corner. Sat 14th in February - no worries of relegation, but disappointing after last seasons 7th.

Must admit I've not had an extended run of losses. A handful of ridiculously high scoring games, but in terms of form, it's been pretty normal. Have to tweak tactics far more in this version than I have previously, too.

By the way, according to FM16 England will be pretty crap come 2021! In terms of three star + players, there's only a handful: Hart, Butland, Dier, Stones, Shaw, Henderson, Ward-Prowse, Chalobah, Sterling, Chamberlain, Kane, Berahino.... Everyone else is lower! End up having to select several 2* players to make up the squad...

Completely random loss of form syndrome strikes again. I get a good run going to get in touch with the auto spots and my defense is finally starting to just be remotely good while I'm tweaking my tactics slightly to suit the opponents... And the BAM straight losses against three poor teams conceding 8 goals, two of which are in the bottom three and two of them at home. There is just nothing you can do when the FM gods decide that now you have to lose a few games. Now I'm just a point off seventh and I'm sure this run is going to go on for the remaining 4 games.

Well! I ended 2nd in the League with Uniao Madeira. Knocked out Dynamo Kiev in Champions League quali, and beat Real Sociedad 2-0 in the play off.

... then came West Ham knocking on the door asking if I wanted to take the job. Who am I to decline the Hammers when they have Viktor Fischer, Lasse Vigen, and Pione Sisto? Three Danes!!

I've tuned down interviews with Inter and Roma over the last couple of seasons... Appealing start to the 2021/22 season has me thinki I may have taken Boro as far as I can. It is kind of nice that it's not too easy to just get any team into the Top Division and win it within a few seasons.

Sampdoria have come knocking. Might go fo the interview and see how it goes.

For Englnad - 100% record in our group against Russia, Scotland, Kazakhstan and Luzembourg. Qualified easily for the 2022 World Cup.

I get what you mean that it shouldn't be too easy, but I'd just like to lose the odd game instead of 5+ in a row. 15 games unbeaten and 8-12 without a win is just too weird. But I suppose derby is an example of that in real life :)

After being 1 point off the autos I lost 5 of the last 7 matches and in the play off semi finals I lost after my goalkeeper kicked the ball into the back of my defenders head completely free and not under pressure. The joys of FM. There is just nothing you can do as a manager to combat these things.

I conceded 69 goals in the league. Only 5 teams conceded more. Scored 79 which was only 1 less than wolves. Kike scored 15 of his 18 goals in an 8 match streak. The remaining 3 goals were scored over 33 games. Annoying. Nugent was ***, Stuani average but Adomah was class. Struggled when he and downing were injured at the same time for three months.

One thing I find frustrating that seems to be a hangover from the previous one is the wild variations in values of players. I'd been tracking a young player at Roma, having a lousy time, not scoring goals, but I'm sure he's got a good future. Roma start making noises about him being available for loan, he's showing up on his information that he's unsure about his future. I think now's the time for an offer. He's valued at 450k according to my scouting but I'm sure Roma will wind up asking more, so I put in an offer of 500k, plus 500k after 20 international appearances, and 500k after 50 league appearances. Roma say no. I go back, keep tweaking through a series of rejected offers until the value is up towards 2.5m. Eventually, I hit the suggest terms button from them: 25m. For a player that they don't even really want any more and they've stopped picking in their first team. Gah.