oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

I didn't get fired thank god.

I'm in to the final straight in my first season in the PL and somehow I'm FOURTH and six points clear of fifth.

Literally no idea what has happened. Worst goal difference of the top 5 at +17, but this 4222 formation is bonkers.

Stuani & Kike are absolute beasts. Downing is a rock on the left, although he'll probably be out this summer.

Forshaw is turning into a leading CM in the PL and believe it or not Nsue is one of the best RBs in the league.

Brought in Fabian Delph, Asmir Begovic and Ricardo Saponara all on loan and they're my 3 most useful players so that might be a good reason.

So, according to my save, FM thinks Nsue, Forshaw, Kike, Stuani, Gibson, Friend and Ayala are premiership players.

CF how are you enjoying Italy?

Loving it. After holidaying for a year to see if Parma were promoted from Seria D to Seria C (Seria D is not playable) I took them over. I got back to back league wins and found myself back in the big time of Seria A. I would of been happy with survival then something magic happened. After switching tactics I had a great 2nd half of of the season. I came 3rd. In my first season. In Seria A. Over the moon to say the least. I'm currently in pre season waiting for my debut Champions League campaign with a small squad due to loads of my loaned players going back to their parent clubs. I might put up a more comprehensive post of my Parma story so far if I get time inc. signings, tactics etc

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So after taking over Lazio midway through the third season after quitting the boro, I guided them to 4th position and only missed out on Champions League by 2 points. The finances aren't great and I'm only given 4.4 million in transfer and not much extra in wages. They do have a lot of dead wood that can be moved on, but I'm not allowed to keep much of the incoming transfers. Iv'e just signed Wellington Nem on a free and he is immediatly valued at 28 million! Also I'm hoping to sign Kevin Strootman on a free as Roma released him. So far I'm the only club to have offered him a contract with only Norwich the other interested club.

I desperatly need a new defender and goalkeeper as my current keeper is 35 and no world beater. A new right back and maybe left back wouldn't go amiss either, but as I have very little room to maneuvre I'll have to use the loan market. Hopefully Strootman signs or I'm also gonna need a new midfielder.

I'm trying to flog Biglia as he is on big wages and getting old and not playing well, but so far only Newcastle are slightly interested. I'm actually enjoying Italy, but the money is tight, so I'll probably keep one eye on the Prem to see if anyone gets sacked.

Oh and sign de Vrij. He is a monster at the back.

I didn't get fired thank god.

I'm in to the final straight in my first season in the PL and somehow I'm FOURTH and six points clear of fifth.

Literally no idea what has happened. Worst goal difference of the top 5 at +17, but this 4222 formation is bonkers.

Stuani & Kike are absolute beasts. Downing is a rock on the left, although he'll probably be out this summer.

Forshaw is turning into a leading CM in the PL and believe it or not Nsue is one of the best RBs in the league.

Brought in Fabian Delph, Asmir Begovic and Ricardo Saponara all on loan and they're my 3 most useful players so that might be a good reason.

So, according to my save, FM thinks Nsue, Forshaw, Kike, Stuani, Gibson, Friend and Ayala are premiership players.

CF how are you enjoying Italy?

Loving it. After holidaying for a year to see if Parma were promoted from Seria D to Seria C (Seria D is not playable) I took them over. I got back to back league wins and found myself back in the big time of Seria A. I would of been happy with survival then something magic happened. After switching tactics I had a great 2nd half of of the season. I came 3rd. In my first season. In Seria A. Over the moon to say the least. I'm currently in pre season waiting for my debut Champions League campaign with a small squad due to loads of my loaned players going back to their parent clubs. I might put up a more comprehensive post of my Parma story so far if I get time inc. signings, tactics etc

Man a very similar thing happened to me! Sounds like a blast. We should compare some stuff sometime (you too Borodane!)

This thread is sadly quiet and I love this game and I love talking about it and I'd be well interested in having a more active discussion with the other active FMers :)

Edit: Also BD, maybe try Savic from Atletico. In 18/19 on my save he's available for loan after not getting playing time at Atletico. 9k a week wages. My best CB by far, worth a punt?

Urgh the finances are terrible at lazio. Even though I have to qualify for the Champions League next season I'm only given such a small budget. Most of the budget has been spent on sign on fees for Nem and Strootman and I only get to keep 35% og transfer income so there really is no point in selling as I can't replace them with quality.

Sold Biglia to Newcastle for 2.5 million and Belhanda in particular got pretty angry with that. Biglia had a poor season though, 32 years old and was my third highest earner on 62k. Also sold a few others but not for vast amounts of money but I've saved quite a few pennys on wages. I was really hoping to sell Nuri Sahin too but he rejected Napoli because of wages and now no other teams are interested.

Loaned a new Spanish right back called Johnny from Spurs who looks really good. Can also play left back which is great as I only have 1 left back in the squad.

Brunners, that Savic fella is first choice at Atletico so unavailable. I'm really struggling to find quality players on loan as I could really do with good CB and a third choice striker. And I'll have to rely on my 35 year old keep another season.

The board is bit miffed that I haven't held my promise of signing young players for the first team. Well hello, how can I sign young players with only 4 million. I have even off loaded a 34 year old, a 32 year old and a 30 year old. I'm relying on freebees and loans here. At least they are still over the moon about Duvan Zapata who I signed in January.

are finances that bad at Lazio IRL or has an in game situation given you that issue?

Also, you're in the 17/18 season right? You want a CB and a ST? I'm assuming you filter via Available for loan and things like that? Good players are available for me almost every season.

So far in my save I've loaned Begovic, Delph, Savic, Saponara etc etc.

There's a CB I loaned in the 15/16 season when I was in the championship who did pretty well, young and room to grow IIRC, again not sure what he's doing in your save atm but his name was Marios Oikonomou.

Trying to think of some good names, but I suppose each save is different ey.

Haven't started one with boro yet but I'd assume maybe some of the free agents? Kevin Nolan, Ricky Alvarez ect,

There's also a 19 year old at Partizan, Zivkovic is as close as I can spell without looking it up Haha? Tons of potential not sure if he'd sign for the boro though, worth a look.

Just out of curiosity what's boros starting transfer budget?

1.4 mil if you choose the minimum expectations, about 1.6 if you say you'll win the league..

I'm having an absolute nightmare finance-wise. Sold kike for 3.3m, made just those two signings, under my wage budget too but the club is hemorrhaging money somehow?

First season I brought in Marios Oikonomou on loan, decent CB.

Marco Motta as a backup RB, ended up playing quite a few games and made team of the season. Got him on a free.

Loaned this kid called Konrad Laimer from Red Bull Salzburg. Develops into a top winger.

Sign Ivan Saponjic. He won't get work permit straight away but you can send him to Ituano and after about 6 months he'll gain the permit. Class young striker that will get plenty of goals and his value will increase to over 8 million after the second season. Same goes for Kristoffer Ajer. They are young though so won't really stamp their authority on the team before the second season.

Just heading into my 5th season.

We're the 6th richest club in the world, valued at 1.03 billion pounds.

More than Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Dortmund, Barcelona, Juventus etc etc.

4 of the top 6 are English.

1. Tottenham - 1.46b

2. ***nal - 1.37b

3. Bayern - 1.26b

4. Real Madrid - 1.20b

5. Man Utd - 1.15b

6. Middlesbrough - 1.06b

That TV deal is nuts. I get given nearly 90m a year in TV money alone.