oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Also, after 4 very productive seasons, I just sold a now 29 year old Kike to Inter Milan for £20m.

Tears were shed, fans were disappointed as he's an iconic figure at the club, but I couldn't turn down £20m for Kike.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, my formation sculpted him into a scoring machine.

Averaged 30 goals a season for 4 years. Usually about 15-20 in the league. Him and Stuani were absolute boss for those 4 years.

Alas, Stuani became 32 and I got offered 8.5m raising to 11.5m for him so couldn't turn that down either.

I have 5 remaining players from our current squad.

Daniel Ayala - Was first team till half way through last season, now regular back up

Ben Gibson - Was first team and England starting CB till he broke his foot. Might not crack starting again when he gets back

George Friend - Hasn't started in like..2 years, but seems happy enough to be around. Plays relatively often, gets a lot of PoM still.

Adam Forshaw - Believe it or not he actually develops into an England international and leading CM.

Harry Chapman - not sure if he counts because IRL he's still only young, but he's now 21 and after a few loan stints in the Championship is ready to step up a level.

End of season one review:

League: 1st (98pts)

CoC: 4th round (Spurs, lost on pens)

FA: 3rd Round (knocked out by WBA)

Transfers in:

Eboue (Free)

Gayle (loan, Palace)

Transfers out:

Kike (3.3m, Hoffenheim)

Yanic (400k, Huddersfield)

Albert (5m, Norwich)

Top scorer: Gayle, 27 goals

Highest average rating: Husband

Fans Player of the year: Forshaw

Story so far:

Dominated the league, wouldn't have sold Albert in January but my finances were dire (dunno how). Currently preparing for my first season in Premiership, signed Gayle and Kalas on permanent deals, also signed a few pre-contracts in Jan for Ortola (Barcelona B GK, 22 year old) and Rey Manaj, 19 year old Albanian striker who was lounging in Inter's reserves. Don't expect them to make first team straight away but I think they'll improve rapidly.

Was struck by a massive injury crisis in the last few months, thankfully my lead was enough to get me over the line despite the downturn in performances. Fewster, Jakupovic and Morelli all played and scored in numerous games, Jordan Jones got a few run outs too.

Friend was out for a month at the start of the season, James Husband came in and never relinquished his place after that, even notched up 2 goals and 14 assists.

Everton offered me the manager's job with about 10 games to go, turned them straight down as they were languishing in 18th. They ended up staying up by a point as Villa, WBA and Norwich went down.

Other teams promoted from the Championship were Wolves and Fulham (play off winners v Sheff Wed)

Boro just seem to constantly lose money on this game. My wage budgets are always getting cut, I get 5% of any transfer fee I sell (honestly what is the point), and I've seen absolutely Jack of the TV money despite it saying we got it.

Yet, somehow, click on finances and my accounts are still in the red?

Rey Manaj was an absolute dud for me, didn't develop at all. Sold him for a small profit 2 seasons later. Hope you have better luck.

And my Middlesbrough team got taken over by Randy Lerner of all people just before I got promoted to the PL. He's actually been a really awesome chairman so far.

Looking to start a Boro save in the next coming days and want to get us playing like we do with Aitor! hard to break down, control the game and have that directness in attack. Which formation do you think best suits Boro this year to setup like this?

I used 2 uptop so he joined Kike up there.

I was curious about setting him as a Raumdeuter though, dabbled a couple games but I couldn't be bothered to essentially create a formation it worked around and it didn't suit the style I was playing at the time.

What's his record for you?

Nugent was backup for me, still ended with a pretty decent tally.

Kike & Stuani notched 30 & 20 respectively I think. With about 10-15 assists each. I posted this earlier but I just sold them for a combined 28.5m so not a bad piece of work ahha.

I've switched from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2 half way through the season due to not being too happy with Fabrini or De Pena's performances so wanted to switch to just the two wingers with two up front.

Sitting second in February, 4 points behind Ipswich.

Signings -

Oscar (AMC Valladolid) 130k - total flop, but to be fair he was injured in pre season for 3 months.

Varela (RB man utd) 350k - good signing, he's 3.5 stars ability and has an average performance of 7.53 in 20 starts

Nacho Cases (CM Sporting) 1.6mil - Another that got injured in pre season, for 4 months, I've been really unlucky! Only just getting back and he can't break into the team due to Leadbitter and Forshaws performances. Has done well in the handful of games though, think he had a real chance ahead of leadbitter if it wasnt for the injury)

Jordi Masip (GK Barcelona) 1mil - decent keeper for the level, definitely better than any already at the club

Jelovic brought in on loan in jan as a 4th striker.

Sold Wildschut for 500k and Baptist for 900k when he came back in Jan. Also sent Nando back from his loan cause of his astronomical wages. Just sent Stephens home as well as Rhys is back and doing decently as a back up.

One thing I'll say is that Stuani has been shocking for me. 3 goals in 20 starts, and a really poor average rating. have tried him on the wing and up front and nothing is working.