oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Straight promotions to the Premier League with AFC Telford from the Conference North and a 13th place finish in our first season, no clue why it's going so well but I won't complain!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Still plenty of high scoring games. Just had a 5-5 game away against villa. Won 5-2 against Leicester just a few games ago. Scored 4 in the opening 18 mins if I remember correctly.

Either you keep plenty of clean sheets or you concede massive amounts of goals. Conceding shedloads of goals is a given. In my first 15 games in the Prem I have conceded a whopping 37 goals. I have scored 30 too which is the third highest in the league. Just played poor Hull at home. Was leading 2-0 inside the first 17 mins and then BOOM three goals conceded before half time and I lost 2-4. Just lost 4 games in a row against teams below me and I'm now in the bottom three.

It's going to be a looong season (if I'm not sacked). Got no idea how to stop conceding. Think I'm conceding from 99/100 crosses.

I was given a 50 mil transfer budget with Telford in my second season in the Prem, currently pushing for Europa League spot with one of my star men being Jack Wilshere strangely enough

Managed to spend all of my 50m budget, the agent fees are ridiculous.

Out:

Kieran Trippier - £10m

Gibson (loan)

Marco Motta - £300k

Abraham - £150k

Alex Baptiste - £350k

Friend - £1m

Botinaelli - £500k

Downing- £500k

In:

Pau Lopez - £13m young goalkeeper from spain rated 3.5 star with 4.5 star potential, only 22 but is already proving to be a top class keeper, has earned me about 6 points already after 5 games.

Pablo Sarabia - £1.5m Left sided winger but can play across the front 3, mainly used as a backup player

Riyad Mahrez - £12.5M - valued at 15m but with leicester sitting mid table championship i managed to unsettle him and get him on the cheap, perfect inside forward.

Julio Buffarini - £3m Brought him in as a replacement for trippier on the cheap, doing just as good a job so far

Sven Bender - free - possibly my best signing, not in ability but will have a good resale value after a season or two, might get 12-14m for him, 100% profit and will do a job until then

Marc Standera - £15.5m - my most expensive signing, will start in the AMC role, once again a young player with potential to develop into something special

Aaron Creswell - £5.25m - replacement for husband as he just wasn't good enough for this level

other signings include the likes of Kasper Schmeichel, nacho from swansea and Josue, a backup AMC, all for fairly nominal fee's

My lineup looks like this

GK: Pau Lopez/ Scheichel

LB: Aaron cresswell/ Husband

CB: Eder Balanta/ Ayala

CB: Guillermo Burdisso/ Grillo

RB: Nacho/ Julian buffarini

CM (BBM) : Alfred Duncan/ Forshaw/ Leadbitter

CM (BWM) : Bender/ Fernando Tissone

AML (w): Rodrigo De Paul / Sarabia

AMC (ap): Standera / Josue

AMR: (if) Mahrez / Adomah / Stuani

ST: (af) David Selke / Stuani / Kike

games so far:

Man U (a) 1-1

Everton (h) 2-1

Millwall (a) (Cup) 1-2

Liverpool (h) 1-0

Tottenham (h) 1-3

Aresnal (a) 0-0

next up is chelsea, talk about a hard start to the fixture list, happy with how its going though, draws against ***nal and man u away are good points for a team expected to be fighting relegation as was the wins at everton and Liverpool, was down to 10 men against spurs from early on so wasn't really expecting much there, sitting 7th in the table after 5 games with very winnable games all the way up until boxing day after this chelsea game so hopefully can put a run together.

Also a mention to both Chapman and Jakupovic who are both ripping it up in the chapionship so far this season, at 18 years old, hopefully they'll be around my first team squad next season