oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Decided it's about time for my usual (impossible) attempt at the San Marino challenge, if it wasn't already hard enough last year San marino have now been relegated further to the 4th tier of italian football rather than starting in the third, which means i've had to download an additional database to be able to play as them

With a spare wage budget of 1k and transfer budget of 20k i'm expected to finish mid table, ideally i need to be up to serie b as soon as possible to get some income, so promotion is the only target as far as i'm concerned.

Will keep updating as i go

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to finish 14th in the Prem after only losing once in the final 12 games. Things really went better after loaning Begovic on deadline day in January and switching to a 4-4-1-1 counter attacking tactic. Rhodes has been a right monster with 23 league goals.

Hope Begovic will sign and then I need DC, LB, LW and. AMC.

Has anyone tried Julian Brandt? Looks like a decent left sided player and is transfer listed, but is likely to cost a lot of my budget.

Been given 53 mil and an extra 300k wages (up to 830k in total).

I just went up and once again given 10mil and expected to finish at least midtable... When did avoiding relegation become such a bad thing?

Anyway, going into season 2 with quite a lot of big signings. I spread a lot of my transfers out over 48 months because I know how much the transfer budgets you get are after the 3rd season. My biggest signings include-

Kevin Prince Boateng on a free

lucas romero for 4.5mil

rodrigo for 4.5

James Wilson on loan

Oguzhan ozyakup for 18mil.

Kieran Trippier for 3.5mil

And a goalkeeper called Predrag Rajkovic from tel aviv who came in for just over 2mil and is only 20 but has a 3.5 star rating already.

Should be enough to finish midtable when the big bucks will really roll in!

I just went up and once again given 10mil and expected to finish at least midtable... When did avoiding relegation become such a bad thing?

Anyway, going into season 2 with quite a lot of big signings. I spread a lot of my transfers out over 48 months because I know how much the transfer budgets you get are after the 3rd season. My biggest signings include-

Kevin Prince Boateng on a free

lucas romero for 4.5mil

rodrigo for 4.5

James Wilson on loan

Oguzhan ozyakup for 18mil.

Kieran Trippier for 3.5mil

And a goalkeeper called Predrag Rajkovic from tel aviv who came in for just over 2mil and is only 20 but has a 3.5 star rating already.

Should be enough to finish midtable when the big bucks will really roll in!

Rajkovic becomes one of the best keepers on the game, I always try to sign either him or Dragowski on my games

Gaston Gil Romero is a beast at CM as ball winner. And Andrija Zivkovic is probably one of the best FM players ever. Very cheap at the beginning. I've been trying to hold on to him going into the third season and rejected an Atletico bid of 22 million. Now he is mad and won't renew his contract which only has 12 months to go. I didn't realize that short lengthy earlier which is a bit annoying. I can only hope that he becomes happy again and will renew. Otherwise he is gone on a free next summer when I could probably get upwards to 40 million if he is still under contract. I won't be able to get anyone better though so it's pointless selling him.

I've also sold bamford for 7,5 million after a poor season. 4 million profit in 12 months.

12 million for Douglas form Dnipro

3.8 for Begovic

10 million for Julian Brandt

9 million for Sead Kolasinac

Jack Wilshere on loan (I wanted Ljajic for 8 million but he wasn't given a work permit)

Don't buy any of the players I've bought. They are *** poor. 7 games into the season and all the problems are back. Conceding massive amounts of goals. No progress at all. Just a decline compare to the end of last season. 7 games into the season and I've got 7 points. Just been hammered 4-0 at home to promoted QPR.

Finally got AFC Telford to the Champions League only to be denied a license due to financial fair play. Gutted, don't know what to do either as without CL football I have no way to get out of the red

quick update on the san marino game, about to start my 4th seasons dealings, after being promoted first season the last two seasons looked like they were gonna be relegation battles in Serie C, second season i stayed up by virtue of the play-outs, last season looked like another relegation battle but managed to find a tactic that worked (after much tinkering) and managed to pull clear and finish 8th, desperately need promoting this year as my finances are getting worse.

As far as re-gens got one absolute beast of a player who has potential to be a star player in Serie A, trouble is he's also legible to play for italy so the chances of him ever playing for san marino are slim to none

I've tried that but he's rejected the call up, got a few other players coming through that will improve my position, hopefully a win against one of the upcoming games will boost my world rankings (Faroe islands, andorra and Kazakhstan)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We finally get to start with Boro in the prem now!! Haha

Not even ashamed that was one of my first thoughts....

Even better than that, the Riverside and a few more scanned faces will be on Fifa. (Granted we do have Nuge, Ramirez and Downing faces already)

Good time to be a Boro gamer  :D