oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

I will finally be able to play with Boro in the Prem.

Awww, I feel your pain, BD!

I actually quite like starting in the Championship... but I'll be happy to adapt :D

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Cih9iheXIAEG9KW.jpg:large

Probably the best I've ever done with Boro in the Championship. Absolutely smashed it, gutted not to get 100 points though!

Signed a young French right back Yarouba Cissako on a free at start of the season and he went on to win YPOTS as well as having the second best average rating behind Forshaw! 31 goals as well.

Just bought Tom Heaton for 1m possibly rising to 3m... now who else to bring in?

I decided to do something long term to hopefully tide me over till FM17.

Gone for the San Marino challenge! Lets hope the game recognises the ***eness of the country and doesn't fire me after I lose 6-0 for the 7th time because I tried to play actual football with them :D

Probably the best I've ever done with Boro in the Championship. Absolutely smashed it, gutted not to get 100 points though!

Signed a young French right back Yarouba Cissako on a free at start of the season and he went on to win YPOTS as well as having the second best average rating behind Forshaw! 31 goals as well.

Just bought Tom Heaton for 1m possibly rising to 3m... now who else to bring in?

Your right back scored 31 goals and only came second in average ratings dodgy.gif

You should have signed Andrija Zivkovic. Biggest talent in the game. If it's still possible then get him.

Your right back scored 31 goals and only came second in average ratings dodgy.gif

You should have signed Andrija Zivkovic. Biggest talent in the game. If it's still possible then get him.

Adam Forshaw was just that good...

Will have a look for him later, not really checked out any of the wonderkids this time around.

Had a solid start to my first season in the PL, made some tidy additions but didn't manage to bring a striker in, although Rhodes and Stuani are doing well so far and still have Nugent.

It says Rhodes scored 31 goals on his screenshot, think maybe something was lost in translation

Yeah, I messed up my first post and even then in the second post I still didn't properly state it was in fact Rhodes who scored 31 and not my RB, unfortunately!

If you want a real challenge, try keeping Villa up and then winning the Prem. Me and a few mates have a little race going to see who can do it in the fewest seasons.

Firstly, their squad is ***e. How Remi Garde got 16 points with that pile of excrement IRL is beyond me. You get a transfer budget consisting of £0 and a wage budget that barely covers your current wage bill. Your chairman wants out and is unwilling to invest a penny. You're on your own.

As soon as I started I put every player up for sale, sold anyone I got an offer for to reinvest the money. I got in a scout who's great at judging potential and I've slowly started building a team around youth. Over three and a half seasons I've been there I've managed to attract people like Pavon, Lozano, Renato Sanches, Dembele and Tielemens. The TV money really helped me out, as did the takeover in the first season by Graham Taylor's consortium :D.

I'm currently nearing the end of my fourth season, avoided relegation on the last day of the first season, finished mid-table the second, and just scraped into the Europa League third qualifying round at the end of last season.

I'm really starting to enjoy the game, there's a feeling of accomplishment that you've totally built the team from the ground up, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

I'll post screenshots when I'm back on my laptop on Sunday

The San Marino challenge is brilliant, I never control the national side until around the 3Rd season in and you have some decent youth players coming through

Ahh, I just decided to go straight at it, hopefully I don't get fired before I start getting some good players. 

Thing is to do it in FM16 you either have to install a lower league italian database or just sim a season until San Marino get promoted.

I went the database route, currently top of Serie D/D, ahead of Parma!