oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Thinking of starting a new save that I'd make a youtube series out of. Been inspired by a couple ones I watch on yt.

Thinking Paris fc in the French third division.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I can't fit all mine into one screenshot, I have 47 players out on loan at the minute.

It's just the style of play I have in football manager. I'm a youth scrounger. I forage the regen dates & bring in as much talent as possible & then sell it on for a big fee & usually a sell on clause a few years later.

The home nation talent I tend to keep for myself :D Italians in this save.

I do the same. I never buy anyone over the age of 18/19 unless it's the first few seasons and I have absolutely no other choice.

I don't let players go out on loan until they're 20 though. I prefer to develop in house, give them some first team football elsewhere to raise their value then sell on once they're 22 ish.

The way I do it changes. 

Usually I keep them in house till 18, then send them out and about to clubs where they'll play & the quality is decent enough.

However recently I've been seeing how it goes if I let them go at 17 too, if they play. I'm curious if there's much of a difference between keeping them in house with my youth facilities & under 18s football and sending them out to lesser facilities but constant 1st team games in leagues like the Dutch, Portuguese & Belgian leagues.

I much prefer having them at my club with the best facilities and coaches in the game developin them and the best of the bunch also get access to some of the best players tutoring them. I also send them on English courses etc. and just being at my club, the most high profile club in the game, raises their reputation in the game and increases the potential for greater financial returns in the future. Yes they're not getting any first team football (bar the best maybe getting a slot on the bench if I have a serious injury crisis) overall I think the pros outway the con.

Once they hit 20 (there or thereabouts), I offer them out on loan but only to clubs willing to make them a valuable first team player. Two seasons or so of that generally puts them in a fantastic position value wise.

I normally sign 17/18 year olds on 6-8 year contracts (using the optional contract extension by club option along with a 3-5, depending on what I'm allowed to offer, year initial contract length. This means that they still have at least two years on their contract when I want to start offering them out, no value depreciation!

The only problem I'm having now really is that in starting to sign too many youth players and my u21/18s are getting fairly huge! Only 11 players can play in each team after all...

At the point where my u21 team, if I didn't loan out the best of them, would probably challenge for Europe/champions league :p

nXSjMpC.jpg

Check out this kid. My wonder striker. Link to full size pic: http://i.imgur.com/nXSjMpC.jpg

22 in 19 starts in the league this year, 31 in 32 games last year. 10 in 15 internationals. Shame he's Greek! Picked him up for 2.5m 4 seasons ago and he even managed 2 games that same season he was already that good.

Since then, 12 in 21, 31 in 32 and 22 in 22 and the kid is still only 20. 

Crazy thing is, he's probably not even my best player. My AMC just behind him is just otherworldly.

That kid is ridiculous. If his mentals kick on and some of his technicals improve, as one would assume they will with him only being 20, he could become simply insane.

How much did you pay for him?

nXSjMpC.jpg

Check out this kid. My wonder striker. Link to full size pic: http://i.imgur.com/nXSjMpC.jpg

22 in 19 starts in the league this year, 31 in 32 games last year. 10 in 15 internationals. Shame he's Greek! Picked him up for 2.5m 4 seasons ago and he even managed 2 games that same season he was already that good.

Since then, 12 in 21, 31 in 32 and 22 in 22 and the kid is still only 20. 

Crazy thing is, he's probably not even my best player. My AMC just behind him is just otherworldly.

That kid is ridiculous. If his mentals kick on and some of his technicals improve, as one would assume they will with him only being 20, he could become simply insane.

How much did you pay for him?

£2.5m :D bought him at 16!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...