oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 16 New Features

Unless you are Real or Barca and to a degree Atletico the finances are terrible in Spain unless of course you build a great young team and are able to make a lot of money in the market. It's like that in Italy too. I'm having a Lazio game and I'm given very little to spend which is quite frustrating. Just waiting for a job opening in the Prem :)

Yeah, i was thinking that it would be easier with the top 3 but don't enjoy it as much, regarding building a young team (i havent finished the first season yet) i can imagine it being rather frustrating if you sign a decent youngster and have him sold from a low buyout clause if you refuse to pay a ludicrous wage for a hot prospect?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest, how does everyone handle youth? What's the best way to fulfil their potential

Guess it depends how good your facilities are.

My rule of thumb is that they stay in my youth teams till 18. Depending on how good they are they could be in the U21 squad before 18 but they'll be available for both squads.

At 18 I tend to start loaning them out. I pick a club they'll play consistently at, and where the quality of football isn't terrible. Also, if you can pick a team that also has good facilities that will help.

My top, top prospects I have in the first team squad and I keep on the bench. 

Chapman & Jakupovic got this treatment for me, Chapman is now a starting RM & Jakupovic sold for nearly 10m.

Just started the 19/20 season on my game this morning, first foray into the Champions League. Got a few wonderkids in the squad now who've displaced a lot of unhappy senior pros last season so may have to have a sort out come Jan of one's I couldn't sell in Summer. Will get a few screenshots up later when I get home from work

Playing as boro on fm15, had a player saying he wasn't getting enough football, agreed to give more more game time so start him in the next 6 games, yet now he's starting a squad revolt because i never kept my promise, ridiculous, could ruin my chances of finishing in the top 4

Rather than having limited functionality (as cynical old me suspected it might) FM16 limited edition actually includes the freebie documentary "An Alternative Reality". I've decided to have a look and I've placed an order.

How quickly do you think there is going to be a january transfer window patch for FM16. Hoping Boro land Rhodes so I finally have a chance of going up ;)

mid feb they normally release it