• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave Boro another shot after the january transfer dealings. I'm in january and sitting first with 4 points down to third. Was 7 points clear in november but had a three game blip which cut my lead down to 1 point. 4 teams are battling for the top-2. Boro, Derby, Ipswich and MK Dons! Rhodes is a beast with 15 goals in 16 games and de Laet is a good right back. Ramirez is a bit of let down though as a number 10 and once again Stuani is just not very good whether he is right wing or up front alone or as a partner. Kike Sola is pretty decent as a target man though but Nugent is a right thundernonce comlaining about being third choice and not getting many minutes. His three goals have all been winning goals though :) Hope I can sell him in january.

My weakest spot i probably goalkeeper, but I have 0 money afer signing Andrija Zivkovic for about 3 million in the summer. Monster talent. Was planning on selling Adomah and got 5 million offered by Watford, however only 3 million up front. Declined that offer and took him off the transfer list which was a decent decision as he is very good squad player at this level filling in at both LW and RW. I'm disappointed that I havent been able to sell Nsue though and he is out of contract in the summer so is worth next to nothing now.

I'm hoping to conclude a loan offer for a better keeper in january, but not many are available. Otherwise I hope the squad is good enough to see me promoted.

It is interesting how different people fare with players.

Stuani, Kike(mk1) and Nsue were all absolute stars and netted me 38m in transfer fees when I eventually sold them.

I cba with modded transfer updates so I'll wait for the official one I think.

How good is the modded update, everything correct?

It is interesting how different people fare with players.

Stuani, Kike(mk1) and Nsue were all absolute stars and netted me 38m in transfer fees when I eventually sold them.

I cba with modded transfer updates so I'll wait for the official one I think.

How good is the modded update, everything correct?

So far so good. Only minor mistakes. Kike can play for eibar and Dembele has been transferred to Spurs. Haven't seen any other mistakes. Just knocked out Chelsea at Stamford bridge in the FA cup third round and loaned Begovic the day after. What a loan signing in the championship!

And leadbitter is a card magnet. 9 yellows and 3 red cards in 17 games!

I did it. I did it. I finally got Boro promoted - and in some style too going up as champions with 14 points down to Huddersfield in second and 16 points to Derby in third. Also scored the most and conceded the least. Played mainly a 4-2-3-1 but also 4-2-2-2 sometimes. Rhodes was a beast and got 29 league goals. Andrija Zivkovic at right wing was a real beast too scoring 15 goals nd just as many assists. Forshaw too was great.

The clearout has begun and Nugent is off to Leeds for 750k and I have accepted 3.5 million for Carayol from them too. All loan signings have gone too although I'd love to loan Begovic again, even though he wasn't outstanding in the Championship. He's not available at the moment though.

I've been given 9,5 million to spend and 550k in wages, and with high earners like Nugent and Williams gone along with the loans I'm more than 200k under budget. I'm in the market for a RB, DM, AM and ST. I have already brought in PSG reserve goalkeeper Alphonse Areola for just 300k, but I'm still hoping Begovic becomes available for loan.

Selling Nugent and Carayol for 4.25 to Leeds should also boost my transfer kitty a bit, even though most of the Carayol fee is spread over a few years. I'm also looking to offload Leadbitter to raise some more cash, as I rarely used him in the second half of the season due to him always being suspended.

Thought I'd start a new save ahead of the winter update to get myself back into it. Went with Hartlepool and managed to get promoted in my first season finishing 3rd. Key player was George Honeyman (loan from Sunderland).

Finished mid table in second season and a bad start to third season led me to a rejecting a board room meeting so I was sacked on the spot. Got the Sheff Wed job straight away in the Championship. Sitting just outside the PO with a few games to go!

Can't wait for the winter updates, Boro will be unstoppable!

Just got started on the new Prem season. a 1-2 away loos at Norwich, 5-2 home win agains Leicester and a 2-3 away loss against Watford.

I've had a pretty busy summer:

Sold:

Stuani 5 million

Nugent 750 k

I thought I had sold Carayol to Leeds for 3,7 million but that never went through. I had accepted their bid but nothing happened for over a month and I inevitably cancelled the deal and now I can't get any offers.

Bought:

Bamford 3,5 million

Areola: 230k

De Laet 1,9 million

Carles Gil 2 million

Gaston Gil Romero 4,3 million

Bojan 3,5 million

Rafael (keeper) on loan from Napoli

Paddy McNair on loan

In january I'm getting a 17 year old Colombian midfielder who already has 14 caps! Jesus Marimon. Only 450k!

Had a budget of 9 million so a lot is spread over 48 months and also had to reduce my wage budget to 505k.

It's a lot of change so it's going to take some time for them to gel. Rhodes started the season injured and Bamford has just become injured for 2 months. He has started well with 3 goals in 2 matches. So I have promoted Jakupovic and Chapman. Looking back I somewhat regret signing Gil, but he was cheap and covers a lot of positions.

I've been a massive fan of these games for years but missed the last two because I was becoming addicted. ive just got this one last night and going to start it soon. Hope it's as good as what I remember but don't want to get too addicted this time!

Finally bought this, started a game with boro playing a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers, Nuge and Stuani are banging them in, suani has 13 goals after 15 appearances and nugent has 8 in 10 before he got injured for 4 weeks got a GD of 30 after 15 games having scored 41 goals, adomah has 8 and downing 4, just had a lot of injuries including 6 defenders being out at the same time but managed to keep the results coming in.

tactics are basically give it wide quickly with support from the full backs, who have 10 assists between them already

Transfers

IN

Marco Motta

Sam Johnstone (loan)

David Davis (b'ham 900k)

Only starter out of the 3 is marco motta, the others were brought in to add depth

No permanant outgoing, just a loans of the youngsters, including reach to cardiff whilst chapman is ripping up league 1 with colchester

Record as it is W 11 D 3 L 1

Finally bought this, started a game with boro playing a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers, Nuge and Stuani are banging them in, suani has 13 goals after 15 appearances and nugent has 8 in 10 before he got injured for 4 weeks got a GD of 30 after 15 games having scored 41 goals, adomah has 8 and downing 4, just had a lot of injuries including 6 defenders being out at the same time but managed to keep the results coming in.

tactics are basically give it wide quickly with support from the full backs, who have 10 assists between them already

Transfers

IN

Marco Motta

Sam Johnstone (loan)

David Davis (b'ham 900k)

Only starter out of the 3 is marco motta, the others were brought in to add depth

No permanant outgoing, just a loans of the youngsters, including reach to cardiff whilst chapman is ripping up league 1 with colchester

Record as it is W 11 D 3 L 1

What instructions do you use with your tactic?

Really want to hold out starting a new one until the update happens but it's taking ages!

30 games in and 14 points clear of 3rd place and 8 ahead of 2nd, just seeing out the season really

Sent gibson out on loan as he wasn't getting much game time and was harming development, Kalas and Ayala have been boss

Anyone starting a save as boro simply has to get marco motta, available as a free transfer and now worth £3.4m