oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Football Manager 16 New Features

For some reason it's not letting me enter text in the new reply?

Anyways, first season in prem with Boro and Jordan Rhodes has 18 in 19 starts!! He got crocked a month ago with an infection and is still leading the top scorer table. Crazy.

I keep somehow getting promoted with San Marino!

D: I've had 3 promotions in 3 years wtf is going on! I'm all the way in Serie A playing in a 5k seater stadium and averaging 1k crowds.

Think I could have risen to fast :/

I also won a competitive game with San Marino national team! We beat Azerbaijan 1-0!

Oh forgot to post my pics. Just finished a season so I'll pop up where I've got to so far

Just won the Europa League with Boro in my fifth season, coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Bilbao, and got Real Madrid and Juve in my Champions League group...

You know the worst thing about the San Marino challenge is I have finally started bringing through the odd quality Sammarinese youth here and there, but because they're dual nationality the ***ers think they have a chance to play for Italy and reject all my call ups :(

They'll never crack the Italian teams, they're not even getting near the U19s or U21s and yet here we are :(

I've finally done it! Won the treble with Villa. League, FA and Champs League.

Boro on my game are now managed by John Terry, and avoided relegation to League one on the last day of the season.. Debating taking over them

I've finally done it! Won the treble with Villa. League, FA and Champs League.

Boro on my game are now managed by John Terry, and avoided relegation to League one on the last day of the season.. Debating taking over them

AI Boro never seem to do well, in my San Marino save they're currently 5th in the Champo in October 2019 after 2 straight seasons coming 21st!

They've been managed by AK, Remi Garde, Paul Clement and now Mike Marsh, who, IRL, was a Huddersfield Coach and is now a coach with the England U17s. In game he's had unsuccessful managerial spells at Leeds & Norwich.

Yeah, they're always nowhere in my games when I'm not them. It really confuses me as getting Boro out the Champo is arguably (Unless you're BoroDane) one of the easiest challenges on the game, I think

Yeah it's really bizarre. You're right. Getting Middlesbrough out of the champo is easy enough I think I could do it in my sleep at this point.

In years gone by I have played so many management games, but not for years - they just seem to be TOO detailed now. Reading these comments it does sound enticing though.

Whoaaa, a few bans pending here!

Sorry BD, love you <3

In years gone by I have played so many management games, but not for years - they just seem to be TOO detailed now. Reading these comments it does sound enticing though.

It's one of those things where you sit down to play for 30 minutes and suddenly it's 6am and you've stayed up all nights.

Very, VERY in depth. The fact it includes all the obscure rules & things from around the world means you learn a lot of useless information on how football works though!

It really is in depth though, and it can be very difficult to get the hang of at first.

I think as I get older, my attention span is getting worse! If I can't get into it early on, I'd probably turn off and do something else. But I will defo get into mgmt again. Years ago I had one where I was at a club struggling in the league, and leaking money like a money waterfall, but it was a great challenge. Had to sell best players to get the accounts into credit, which then brought the challenge of keeping the team up. Needless to say I was sacked. But I had one on the PSP which was ridiculous in that it was virtually impossible to finish in the bottom half.

Give me struggles and sackings every time!