• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just you BD. If anything I've found it quite easy. :D

I suspect that too. After getting beat in the PO final against Sunderland in the second season I quit the Boro job and attended various interviews. Managed to get the Lazio job in late October when they sacked their manager. I told them I could get them into Europe as they were only 6 points off 6th and have a decent squad. Got into January in 4th place and have bulked up with Duvan Zapata in front and Belhanda as attacking midfielder. I lack goals though and 7 weeks out for Candreva hasn't helped. I like the challenge more than I thought though. Never been one for switching clubs so this is a first.

It's also annoying what they;ve done with the backroom staff meetings. They used to be useful, but now it just tells me about 15 things to change about my tactics before every game, I'll manage the way i want!!

So far can't see any improvements, only the opposite.

What formation are you guys using and having success with? Struggling to get one to work consistently at the minute

For Boro, 4-4-2 attacking with wingers pushed on. Switching to 4-2-3-1 sometimes depending on opponent and player availability.

What formation are you guys using and having success with? Struggling to get one to work consistently at the minute

I have a 4-2-2-2 formation that is currently working, with a couple variations on a 4-2-3-1 as backup.

Started with a 4-2-3-1 but just didn't feel right.

The 4-2-2-2 is banging in goals for fun though, averaging like 3 goals a game.

Played another month, this formation has my front four scoring at a ridiculous rate.

Stuani - 9 app, 6 gls, 4 ast

Kike - 9 app, 4 gls, 2 ast

Adomah - 9 apps, 3 gls, 6 ast

Downing - 9 apps, 2 gls, 5 ast

On top of that I've got Leadbitter playing like a beast

Leadbitter - 6 app, 4 gls, 1 ast

So it's the start of January and we're half way through the year. Still with the 4-2-2-2.

1st Middlesbrough Pl:24 W:18 D:4 L:2 GF:55 GA:24 P:58

2nd Ipswich Pl:24 W:16 D4 L4 GF:42 GA:19 P:52

Stats:

Kike: Pl:22(1) G:11 A:4 Avg Rat:7.23

Stuani: Pl:22(1) G:9 A:5 Avg Rat:7.14

Adomah: Pl:16(6) G:7 A:13 Avg Rat:7.90

Downing: Pl:18(3) G:4 A:8 Avg Rat:7.30

Plus some honourable mentions to some other players:

Marco Motta (A RB I bought): Pl:16(2) G:0 A:7 Avg Rat:7.79

Adam Clayton: Pl:17(5) G:2 A:5 Avg Rat:7.55

Grant Leadbitter: Pl:16(2) G:5 A:3 Avg Rat:7.60

Adam Forshaw: Pl:15(2) G:0 A:3 Avg Rat:7.49

Looking to kick on in the second half of the season!

oh and Kike has been playing so well there are rumours of teams sniffing around his release clause (apparently 7.25m) so I gave him a new contract with a raise.

I didn't get fired thank god.

I'm in to the final straight in my first season in the PL and somehow I'm FOURTH and six points clear of fifth.

Literally no idea what has happened. Worst goal difference of the top 5 at +17, but this 4222 formation is bonkers.

Stuani & Kike are absolute beasts. Downing is a rock on the left, although he'll probably be out this summer.

Forshaw is turning into a leading CM in the PL and believe it or not Nsue is one of the best RBs in the league.

Brought in Fabian Delph, Asmir Begovic and Ricardo Saponara all on loan and they're my 3 most useful players so that might be a good reason.

So, according to my save, FM thinks Nsue, Forshaw, Kike, Stuani, Gibson, Friend and Ayala are premiership players.

CF how are you enjoying Italy?