oneBoro Forum

Boro v MK Dons 2-0

I think the main problem is a lack of urgency.. Get Forshaw on to add the spark from midfield and the other players need a rocket up their backsides.

Most team and better teams than MK Dons will play like this.. Its a big problem if we can't figure it out against MK Dons.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

its not the two cmids that the problem. we have a packed area. downing is right so his crossing is pointless. reach is back to his usual, not doing a thing. fabbrini wont do much surrounded and outnumbered. we need more width. downing to go left, fabbrini right nuge/stuani up front get reach off. then we have x2 cfs in the box to cross into. simple football prevails.

How is Downing's crosses pointless when playing on the right? By the sounds of it, we have the ball - Plenty of time to take it to his left food and get a ball curving towards the goal rather than away from it. 

Not sure how any of your statements are simple football prevails.

crossing from the right with your left foot from a deeper position is infinatly more easy to defend.

crossing from the left with your left foot curling away from the goal will always cause serious problems. if we get the ball to downing on the left running at hs fullback with stuani and nugent in the box we will ruffle feathers. its simple football. whats to hard to understand.

Ham - the reason it looks like reach hasn't had a bad game is because he hides, he goes into positions where he won't get the ball, or he gets in when he knows he has acres of space to pass backwards, he might have had a good game at sheff wed but he is *** scared to do anything at home. He takes the easy option all the time, when the ball fell to him at one point we had players over, if he committed the defender he could have pulled it back or drew a penalty or something, instead he just tried to cross it first time and kicked it straight at the full back, he might be good away from home for his defensive efforts but at home he should never play. He should have scored as well.

Ham - the reason it looks like reach hasn't had a bad game is because he hides, he goes into positions where he won't get the ball, or he gets in when he knows he has acres of space to pass backwards, he might have had a good game at sheff wed but he is *** scared to do anything at home. He takes the easy option all the time, when the ball fell to him at one point we had players over, if he committed the defender he could have pulled it back or drew a penalty or something, instead he just tried to cross it first time and kicked it straight at the full back, he might be good away from home for his defensive efforts but at home he should never play. He should have scored as well.

I massively disagree with every point in this post I'm afraid.

It's so frustrating that we always struggle against teams that camp. Not that it's anything wrong with teams doing that, it's a good tactic because we struggle so much.

What annoys me most is that against newly promoted teams we have failed to break them down. Is it the formation? Or is it that they plug the gaps?

I for one am a bit dissapointed should the score remain the same.