oneBoro Forum

Boro v MK Dons 2-0

It seems like a lot of posts on this match have centred around the words 'garbage' and 'breaking down'.

Admittedly 'garbage' might be a bit strong to use against your team at half time when the score is still 0-0 but I think it just sums up a general feeling of frustration and nothing else. We were seen not to be doing enough. Other words might have been used - and were - but 'garbage' stuck in everyone's mind. We won, let's move on.

As to 'breaking down' - it's a glib football expression but what does it really mean? For me, it means pressurising a packed defence into making a mistake, which is exactly what happened. Of course it was individual skill that unlocked the defence but an awareness of the fact that we had players with such skills is why the defence was packed in the first place.

Again, we won, so let's move on.

I said garbage in the second half after MK Dons hit the post, The anxiety/ Thought of dropping more points at home to a newly promoted team prompted me to say garbage.. We were the thickness of a lost from falling behind and we all know what we are like when we go behind in games.. If it had of went in harsher words would of been said by other members.

To many people take words far to seriously, I'm a fan and get frustrated at the thought of us dropping points, Take such words with a pinch of salt and just remember I only say things like that because I'm on edge.

Unforunately on a fans forumn words are the only thing we have

Personaly when we concede i get that horrible feeling in my stomach that im sure most of us get, then my first thought is. Right lets get it back. Ive played over 1000 games and thats always been my first thought. If anyone on the pitch had shouted garbage or anything similar when wed conceded id have gone through him. So sorry if i complain about such words. But the one thing i dont want when im feeling miserable is someone making it worse

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Any defender worth their salt would not have let that happen.

Even some of the best defenders in the world make mistakes when they are constantly under pressure. It was a quick clearance because he didn't have time to compose himself and pick a better pass. Good forward pressing and an excellent interception by downing.

Or

Because of the pressing done by our forward 4 (6 if you count George and Grant) they were exhausted and it was inevitable that a mistake would occur. Exactly what Derby did to us to earn their equaliser

You know I paid particular attention to our back four on Saturday (don't ask me why) and anytime there was a sniff of trouble, they put the ball in to touch, everyone got back in to position and reset themselves to defend. Neither Gibson not Ayala would've tried to clear the ball like their centre half did regardless of how tired they were.

Even some of the best defenders in the world make mistakes when they are constantly under pressure. It was a quick clearance because he didn't have time to compose himself and pick a better pass. Good forward pressing and an excellent interception by downing.

The interception from Downing was really top class having watched it back a few times. The anticipation to get his head to the ball was very good, and to manage to get that header through for Nugent was impressive. I also agree with the rest of your comment.

Suggest you watch the goal again. There's no attacker within 15 yards. The defender has made a mistake no question about it.

The interception from Downing was really top class having watched it back a few times. The anticipation to get his head to the ball was very good, and to manage to get that header through for Nugent was impressive. I also agree with the rest of your comment.

Agreed. The vision to fire a header through that gap is superb. He's such a step up from Tomlin (as much as I rated him).