oneBoro Forum

Boro v Forest (A) 2-1

Forest  Boro!!

Who’d a thought it? 4 wins on the spin does now constitute a run of form. Two goals from everyone’s new favourite Uruguayan and another from one half of Teesside’s new ‘Bro-mance’, and putting Dimi’s calamitous mishap aside (He does love gifting Brentford goals doesn’t he?) a professional and steady performance against a tidy team. Although they have a few new faces and injuries they couldn’t really deal with us. They must hate playing us.

The Boro have now marched into the automatic promotion places and have the best goal difference. Yes I know its early days but it’s still nice.

So onto Forest and the City Ground, not a happy hunting ground in recent years losing 2-1 earlier this year after leading and then if memory recalls correctly Kike hitting the post in the last minute or so of play. Also if memory is correct we haven’t won at their place since relegation. But this is a season of firsts and hoodoo breaking so bring it on.

The opposition

Forest are the epitome of mediocrity this season. Until Birmingham away they have won 2, lost 2, and Drew 2, with a goal difference of 0. However the away win at Birmingham would have raised their confidence. At home is where they have faulted only winning once which was on their first home game of the season against Rotherham. This could make the natives restless and if they go behind or fail to score could play into Boro’s hands by them getting on the teams back. And its goals that are proving hard to come by for forest having only scored 7 in all competitions, with Michail Antonio the top scorer on 2. Who has subsequently moved on to West Ham and with Assombalonga out injured the task is usually left to Dexter Blackstock as the lone striker.

Boro

Boro are flying at the moment in terms of results. With goals coming from across the breadth of the forward players.  We seem to be getting results even when not firing on all cylinders. Kike has been on song and is unlucky to lose his place, but the way Stuani has been banging them in with 7 goals to his name in all competitions its hard to look past him.

Poor Nugent must be looking on in disbelief that hes not walked into a championship team. Don’t get me wrong on work rate alone he should be there. It’s a nice problem to have and I would normally say its any two of those three to start. But who would drop Adomah from the RW position? It would be a brave man that did.

Possible line up

---------------Dimi--------------

Kalas*---Ayala---Gibbo**---Friend

------Leadbitter—Clayton------

Adomah-----Downing-----Reach

-------------Nugent------------

*    Would Mind at all if Nsue kept his place after his MOM performance

**  If not fit keep Nando

I’ve gone for this line up as I think Karanka prefers the defensive duties of Reach away from home and May Need Nugent’s work rate and hold up play if he was to be up front alone.

What the opposition think

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43989

Men in black

Referee                          Lee Mason

Assistants                      Mark Scholes and Mark Dwyer

Fourth Official               Neil Swarbrick

What the bookies say

Once again Boro are favorites for this game at little under evens 10/11

And 2-0 @8/1 might tempt some

Forest are 11/4 with the Draw @ 13/5

BTTS is 5/6

The top 5 fav’s to score first are all Boro players and if Stuani starts who wouldn't risk £5 @ 11/2

Romantic Bet coz I loves him I do is Ad’s Clayton score anytime at 15/2

Anyway guys and girls its over to you!!!!!!

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Going to this one, can't wait! I cannot see Stuani being dropped after 2 goals but in all fairness but AK does like reach's work rate and defensive duties, especially away from home. Difficult to second guess but i would go with the following

---------------Dimi-------------

Kalas---Ayala---Gibson--Friend

--------Leadbitter--Clayton-----

Albert----Stuani-----Downing

-----------Nugent------------

If Gibbson is injured Nando to replace

2-1 Boro win, Nugent & Stuani

Going to this one, can't wait! I cannot see Stuani being dropped after 2 goals but in all fairness but AK does like reach's work rate and defensive duties, especially away from home. Difficult to second guess but i would go with the following

---------------Dimi-------------

Kalas---Ayala---Gibson--Friend

--------Leadbitter--Clayton-----

Albert----Stuani-----Downing

-----------Nugent------------

If Gibbson is injured Nando to replace

2-1 Boro win, Nugent & Stuani

Good team selection saved me posting it. Allows us to revert to 442 if needed like Tuesday. Going for the same scoreline as well

I hate this font, but I suppose I can put up with it if we keep winning.

I hate the lack of proofreading (or English might not be Uwe's first language) but it's working as we're winning!

2-1 Boro, Downing and Nugent to score.

English is my second language. Sarcasm is my first. But really good input guys, really adding value to the thread  :P :P :P

Seen us loose twice at the city ground, hopefully third time lucky

Tough game for us, a ground we always seem to struggle on. Forest have been average so far and with loosing their best player I would fancy us to beat them, they have won the last two games though.

-------------Dimi---------------

Nsue--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

-----Clayton----Leadbitter----

Downing--Fabbrini--Reach

--------------Kike----------------

Doubt we will see that team but the front four gave us a pretty much perfect away performance at Sheffield, would love to see them given another chance, especially Kike. Harsh on Stuani but he will certainly get a chance off the bench again if he doesnt start.

Seen us loose twice at the city ground, hopefully third time lucky

Tough game for us, a ground we always seem to struggle on. Forest have been average so far and with loosing their best player I would fancy us to beat them, they have won the last two games though.

-------------Dimi---------------

Nsue--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

-----Clayton----Leadbitter----

Downing--Fabbrini--Reach

--------------Kike----------------

Doubt we will see that team but the front four gave us a pretty much perfect away performance at Sheffield, would love to see them given another chance, especially Kike. Harsh on Stuani but he will certainly get a chance off the bench again if he doesnt start.

Im sure we will tighten up this time. I like the team and think we will win 2 - 0.

Tough game, they are on a couple of wins, think this might end our streak. Capable of a win, though, and doing so would be a clear sign of big things. I'm going to predict a 1-1 though and yes, this fence I'm sitting on is reaaaally comfy.