Boro v Forest (A) 2-1

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

First time at the City Ground, should be strong enough to beat these,not convincingly though

They have the wind in their sails

Might be a case of grabbing an early goal and shutting up shop.

Hope we get at em though

1-0 Leadbitter

Probably the toughest game so far this season. We never do well there and they have won the last two games even though Antonio has left. We definately have the better team and are on a very good run, so if we play to our potential we should have enough to win the game.

Stuani and Nugent have to start again, and it remains to be seen if Adomah has done enough to get a start. He was excellent when he came on, but AK may decide that it is too early for him to walk into the starting lineup. If so, I reckon Downing will start on the right and Reach on the left with Nugent behind Stuani. I don't think this game is suited for Fabbrini to start, as I don't think Forest will allow him space to be effective.

--------------Dimi--------------

Kalas--Ayala--Nando--Friend

-----Clayton--Leadbitter------

Downing----Nugent----Reach

--------------Stuani-------------

1-2 with Downing and Stuani grabbing the goals.

I know its a ground we never have much luck at,  but look at Sheff Wed  :D

It couldnt of been much worse at Hillsborough.

IF we do go 1 nil up,just hope we can soak up the pressure a bit better than 

we did at Brentford when they come at us.

Looked threatening coming forward and should of had the equaliser to be fair.

UTB  :heart:

Its probably going to be a tough game only because our record at their ground is poor... IMO they are bang average and we should beat them.

On BBC tees last night one of their reporters was saying they have only played bottom end teams and the likes of QPR who they beat we're very poor more than them being great.

Stuani will start on the right, if you think that AK will play him in the number ten role then you are bonkers.

Fab or Downing will be number ten, depending on whether AK picks Reachy, if he does, Fab will be on the bench and Downing at 10. If Reach doesn't start, AK will play Fab in the number 10 role. Nugent will play as striker, Albert will be on the bench, Cambridge will win the boat race, Ireland will win the rugby and Jeremy Vine will be first to go on strictly.....simple.

I don't get the "we've never won there in 30 years" arguement. It has zero relevance to this manager, this set of players or this season. Forest have had a decent start and they'll have a little more confidence but our defence should be more than capable of keeping out their paper thin attack. We should be looking to win 3 points but a draw is never a bad result away from home.

I think Fabbrini will be benched/dropped/rested but by a large i think the team will be very similar to Tuesday night.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Amorebieta Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Reach

Nugent

i wouldn't be surprised if Forshaw came in at the no.10 role either.

I don't get the "we've never won there in 30 years" arguement. It has zero relevance to this manager, this set of players or this season. Forest have had a decent start and they'll have a little more confidence but our defence should be more than capable of keeping out their paper thin attack. We should be looking to win 3 points but a draw is never a bad result away from home.

I think Fabbrini will be benched/dropped/rested but by a large i think the team will be very similar to Tuesday night.

Dimi

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Reach

Nugent

I agree our previous form at Forest has no relevance on Saturdays game but every team has a ground they struggle at more than other grounds for no apparent reason.

We don't have a great record at Sheff Wed but we won there this season, Hopefully we do the same at Forest and win.

Dimi

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Reach

Nugent

^yep^

Seen us loose twice at the city ground, hopefully third time lucky

Tough game for us, a ground we always seem to struggle on. Forest have been average so far and with loosing their best player I would fancy us to beat them, they have won the last two games though.

-------------Dimi---------------

Nsue--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

-----Clayton----Leadbitter----

Downing--Fabbrini--Reach

--------------Kike----------------

Doubt we will see that team but the front four gave us a pretty much perfect away performance at Sheffield, would love to see them given another chance, especially Kike. Harsh on Stuani but he will certainly get a chance off the bench again if he doesnt start.

Im sure we will tighten up this time. I like the team and think we will win 2 - 0.

:D

My God can't believe how far we've come in such short time under AK. We've gone from Main, Kamara, Juke and Emnes to Adomah, Stuani, Nugent, Fabbrini, Downing, Kike, Reach, De Pena. AK has the hardest job in the league trying to pick only 4 attackers every game week