oneBoro Forum

Players who wouldn't get in our team

I think there are loads, and not because we are dead good either. Off the top of my head...

Ashley Young, Valencia, Navas, Mertesakker, Fellani, Oscar, Falcao, Milner, Phil Jones, Ivanovic, Cahill... some are off form, some don't work hard enough and some are just plain gash... imho!

*** behave all of them would walk in any team in this league.

Please delete this stupid *** thread.

Falcao over Nugent? over Charlie Austin, Jordan Rhodes, Chris Martin, Ross McCormack.... Freddy Sears even?

I don't think so.

I put other names in there as you could debate them (not like the genuine superstars messi, ronaldo etc), Navas for example, his final ball is no better than Adomah's and would he track back as demanded by AK? Valencia can run fast, and Ashley Young is good at diving, but again what would they bring we don't already have and then they have to work their nuts off in training to show they can fit into the team!

Some punters on here seem to think any of these players would slot right in straight away and improve us instantly, I can see a lot of reasons that wouldn't happen with middle and lower-tier premiership footballers. I don't think saying Phil Jones wouldn't get in our team ahead of Ayala and Gibson is being big-headed or like a Derby fan. Still, it's a game of opinions! Like saying someone won the world cup doesn't mean that they are good now. 

Just a bit of a laugh really, I didn't pick any top-performing players, just ones who I think are over-rated and have shockers from time-to-time. 

Instead of writing a number of posts repeating how much I dislike the thread, I've provided semi thought-through banter material for people to rip on. Like if I was at the pub, I wouldn't pretend I was Alan Hansen and give my solemn serious opinion to every daft bit of craic. 

CF, They made a button on here, if you press it you can find other threads too. So you can jog on buddy 

: )

You are a raving lunatic with claims like those. You've named 11 full internationals, play week in week out premier league/ champions league that have all won a divisions league title at some point with the exception of fellani (or Per but won many cups) and comparing them on a level playing field to a team that has won nothing. Do you honestly think Ayala is a CB capable of winning the World Cup? Or Nugent is capable of scoring 30 la liga goals, or Fabrrini being a shining light in a Brazil team?? If the answer to this is yes, you need to have a long hard think about your perspective. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I'd still take an off form Ivanovic over nsue any day along with the rest of them

Thanks mate : )

Remind me what Falcao achieved last season? You'd have him based upon something he did a few years ago, despite his barren year and a half in english football and yet are convinced he'd shine down in the Champo?  

Whether I feel Ayala is capable of winning the world cup or not is irrelevant to this discussion, but I really feel Fabrini will always struggle to shine for Brazil, and I'll argue that with anyone : )

If you'd happily play a team full of out of form big-name players and expect success then I'll give you back the looney hat : )

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Lol ok then :s

I was just ripping on you, cos I know you can take it : )

I love hypothetical semi abusive discussions, it's all I ever have when I'm at home. When I'm away i can normally get my fix here : )

Messi wouldn't get into our team now tbf

Is that because one of his legs doesn't work?

He could probably play with one leg if he fancied it :D

Yep, that's why. He'd still probably be decent on crutches though :P

Lol ok then :s

I was just ripping on you, cos I know you can take it : )

I love hypothetical semi abusive discussions, it's all I ever have when I'm at home. When I'm away i can normally get my fix here : )

Thanks, I love taking the *** out people too for being stupid. But seeing as you're doing such of good job of doing it to yourself I don't think I will bother.

But why say Lallana if it was a joke? Bit random isn't it? Saying someone like Lewandowski after he scored five in 9 mins is clearly a joke. Saying Lallana whilst he's underperforming suggests he was serious imo. Anyway this has gone on too long, just wanted to put my view on the thread across. Think I might have done that now.

I think Liverpool were playing at the time he posted it so I'm assuming Lallana did something bad about 5 mins before he posted the thread.  That's what I figured at the time but I didn't see the game so that might not be true.

Liverpool were playing (quite badly) at the time against Sion in the UEFA Cup. So this was intended to be a dig about how fickle football can be as Lallana has been under pressure and we've been built up to be champions elect.

I overestimated how many people might be watching the match and would 'get it', and maybe contribute other non-flavour-of the-month names like 'John Terry' or 'John O'Shea'. I may have also underestimated how many beers I'd had while the wife was out and assumed everyone was on the same wavelength as me.

A few people got the wry sense of it all; Aarfy_Aardvark with 'Ivanovic', jamesp made me laugh with 'Tomlin', Changing Times with 'Adam Forshaw' (favourite was Borodane with Derby's 'Will Hughes' summing this up perfectly).

Apologies for annoying anyone - but please don't bait the badger with the proverbial keyboard spade!

I think threads should only be closed if it they are a real hate crime, like sexism, racism or pro-mackem.