oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

Some good shouts there MMC. A lot of my favourites were included.

What's everyone's take on cloud atlas? It's definitely one that polarises opinion. I personally really enjoyed it.

Not as good as Con Air, 0/10.

Seriously though it's one I'd like to rewatch. I got a bit caught up in the visuals when watching, more than a little intoxicated with a friend, and didn't focus too much on the story. I was thoroughly confused by the end!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

We've got a Music thread, but we haven't got a Film thread so here it is...

Ah so this is what you do when there's no transfer window.  I look forward to all of your film release exclusives and to finding out what some obscure film critic in Azerbaijan or somewhere thinks about George Clooney's latest project.

:D

Few of my favourite films that I haven't seen mentioned so far:

Martyrs - French horror, not for the faint hearted

The Raid (and The Raid 2) - Indonesian action films (directed by a Welsh guy. Weirdly)

Mad Max Fury Road - Can't put my finger on why it's so good but it's a must watch, total craziness from the mind of George Miller.

Someone already mentioned OldBoy.. Korean film was a gamechanger. If you can't be ***d with the subtitles, even the Josh Brolin version is very good.

Battle Royale - Japanese flick. If you've ever seen The Condemned (with Stone Cold and Vinnie Jones) it basically ripped the plot straight from BR. Bunch of schoolkids on an island with explosive collars on their necks have to fight until there's one left. One of the most brutal films you'll ever see.

Will add some more when I think of them.

A girl at work watched a film called "Tusk" the other day. I googled it.......WTF!!!!!!!

I'm more amazed that you've not seen it!

In walrus film-making, this is a classic comparable to 'silence of the lambs'. Directed by Tusky McWhiskers, legendary walrus film-maker too. 

It won 5 WIFE awards and everything! The first joint human-walrus film production to grace this glorious planet.

A girl at work watched a film called "Tusk" the other day. I googled it.......WTF!!!!!!!

Most people I know hated Tusk but I thought the big reveal (if you ever watch it you'll know what part I mean) was absolutely hilarious

Anyone on here watch Rick and Morty? Absolutely hilarious show, can easily watch in online by googling 'Rick and Morty Putlocker'. NB4 should like it, it's got Cyril from Archer in it as the same miserable, pathetic character that gets shat on by everyone.

If anyone is looking for films to watch also I highly recommend the below:

-Shutter Island, creepy, tense, incredible.

-The Departed, incredible story, plenty of action and brutality.

-Interstellar, best effects I've ever seen. Would highly recommend a BIGASS TV to watch on.

-Edge of Tomorrow, Clever Tom Cruise sci-fii action film where he starts out as a pathetic, hopeless slimeball.

-Pulp Fiction, if you've not seen it watch it and bring the eye-bleach for when you see Marcellus Wallace introduced to Zed.

-Side Effects, not a lot of action, but a dark, clever and interesting film

-Black Sea, angry Russians and angry Englishmen in a cramped submarine hunting for Nazi gold, *** goes down.

-Warrior, MMA film starring Tom Hardy, plenty of brutal fight scenes, a little bit corny and cliche at times but a solid 8/10 would recommend again.

-A Clockwork Orange, one of the more effed up films I've seen. 11/10 would advise anyone who loves the song singin' in the rain NOT to watch.

-Apocalypse Now, IMO a shout for one of the greatest films ever made. Superb from start to finish, although very looooong.

-Lord of War, emotionally damaging Nicholas Cage film (for once the fact Cage is in it isn't what makes it emotionally damaging). About a Ukrainian illegal arms dealer and his Walter Whitesque path from normality to evil.

-Blow, essentially Lord of War but with cocaine instead of guns and Johnny Depp instead of Cage. Very good film, true story also.

-The Prestige, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansonn, Andy Serkis, David Bowie (as Nicola tesla!) and My Cocaine all star. Magic, jealousy, arrogance, lies, deceit and murder all rolled into one. One of my all time favourites.

-Fight Club, you should have seen it by now, but even if you haven't I can't talk about it. Watch it!

-Se7en, gory, graphic and disturbing. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman star, excellent film, don't watch if you're a bit squeamish!

-American History X, savage in places. Edward Norton from Fight Club stars as an imprisoned Neo-Nazi. Do not watch if you wish to be happy afterwards.

-Django, excellent, humourous, action packed, gory, sad in places, a bit of everything.

-Kill Bill (both parts), you probably did not know you needed to watch Uma Thurman slay 30+ Japanese gang members with a samurai sword. You do now.

-Inglorious barstewards, you probably did not know you needed to watch Brad Pitt carve a swastika into Christophe Waltz's forehead. You do now.

There is one masterpiece however that no person on this forum should ever go without seeing. Brought to this planet by our eternal and infinite lord, Michael Bay. That film is of course Con Air.

Michael Bay? Check.

Explosions? Check.

More explosions? Check.

Explosions inside explosions? Check

Hillbilly Nicholas Cage? Check.

Cringey and horrific bad guy names? Check. (e.g. 'Cyrus the Virus', truly a masterstroke from our Dark Lord).

Cliche story from start to finish? Check.

Nicholas Cage's lionesque mane? Check.

This is a film so manly that just by watching it you will become a testosterone. Your whole body will morph into a living bicep with Nick Cage's face. I am just thankful that The Most True and Powerful Deity: Michael Bay, decided to bestow this brilliance and perfection upon this planet.

I totally agree on Fight Club. I loved the book and Fincher has made an adaptation that doesn't actually ruin the original.

Seven, Django, the Prestige all great films.

I watched Instestellar on my bigass tv and I thought it was really dull. Shame because I like Nolan's other work. Memento in particular is an amazing film.

Memento I could never get into properly, very clever film and concept nonetheless.

Honestly the only thing that disappointed me about Interstellar was the whole tesseract bit and the moral message. Thought it was an excellent sci-fi film but those 2 bits felt a bit corny/cliche. Best scene is the planet close to Gargantua. I'm being very carefully vague here as I don't want to spoil anyone's film experiences :P

Edit: And watch Con Air or we can't speak.

I have seen Con Air a few times. It is pretty good despite having Nicholas Cage in it. Don't rate him as an actor at all.

We've got a Music thread, but we haven't got a Film thread so here it is...

Ah so this is what you do when there's no transfer window.  I look forward to all of your film release exclusives and to finding out what some obscure film critic in Azerbaijan or somewhere thinks about George Clooney's latest project.

CT, those were my "mainstream selections, I was going to list Historias Mínimas a charming film set in Argentina about a blind man who tries to hitch-hike across Patagonia whilst a Middle aged salesman struggles to make the same journey without damaging a birthday cake. :)

Some good films there, MMC, Django and inglorius are particular favourites and Pulp Fiction is an absolute classic, you can't go too far wrong with Tarentino.

Some favourites of mine are;

Withnail and I: great dialogue, some fantastic performances, and one of the most quotable movies ever made.

Fargo: Possibly  the Coen Brother's finest film, although No Country for Old men and Brother Where Art Thou, come close

The Delicatessen: A dark surreal French comedy, beautifully shot and directed

Midnight Express: Alan Parker's finest film, a true story about a man arrested for drug smuggling.

The Life Aquatic; Wes Andersson and Bill Murray, what's not to like?

Vacas: A great little film, set in the late 19th century directed by one of my favourite directors, Julio

Medem, also check out Red Squirrel and Sex and Lucia by the same director, Spanish Cinema at it's finest.

Amores Perros: A story connecting 3 different groups of people set in Mexico city in my opinion, director Alejandro González Iñárritu's finest film to date, although Babel and Biutiful are almost as good.

I LOVE O Brother Where Art Thou.

I have tried Fargo 3/4 times. I feel like I should love it but there is something about it that just doesn't click for me.

Wes Anderson is a good shout too. Always worth a watch his films.

Anyone on here watch Rick and Morty? Absolutely hilarious show, can easily watch in online by googling 'Rick and Morty Putlocker'. NB4 should like it, it's got Cyril from Archer in it as the same miserable, pathetic character that gets shat on by everyone.

If anyone is looking for films to watch also I highly recommend the below:

-Shutter Island, creepy, tense, incredible.

-The Departed, incredible story, plenty of action and brutality.

-Interstellar, best effects I've ever seen. Would highly recommend a BIGASS TV to watch on.

-Edge of Tomorrow, Clever Tom Cruise sci-fii action film where he starts out as a pathetic, hopeless slimeball.

-Pulp Fiction, if you've not seen it watch it and bring the eye-bleach for when you see Marcellus Wallace introduced to Zed.

-Side Effects, not a lot of action, but a dark, clever and interesting film

-Black Sea, angry Russians and angry Englishmen in a cramped submarine hunting for Nazi gold, *** goes down.

-Warrior, MMA film starring Tom Hardy, plenty of brutal fight scenes, a little bit corny and cliche at times but a solid 8/10 would recommend again.

-A Clockwork Orange, one of the more effed up films I've seen. 11/10 would advise anyone who loves the song singin' in the rain NOT to watch.

-Apocalypse Now, IMO a shout for one of the greatest films ever made. Superb from start to finish, although very looooong.

-Lord of War, emotionally damaging Nicholas Cage film (for once the fact Cage is in it isn't what makes it emotionally damaging). About a Ukrainian illegal arms dealer and his Walter Whitesque path from normality to evil.

-Blow, essentially Lord of War but with cocaine instead of guns and Johnny Depp instead of Cage. Very good film, true story also.

-The Prestige, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansonn, Andy Serkis, David Bowie (as Nicola tesla!) and My Cocaine all star. Magic, jealousy, arrogance, lies, deceit and murder all rolled into one. One of my all time favourites.

-Fight Club, you should have seen it by now, but even if you haven't I can't talk about it. Watch it!

-Se7en, gory, graphic and disturbing. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman star, excellent film, don't watch if you're a bit squeamish!

-American History X, savage in places. Edward Norton from Fight Club stars as an imprisoned Neo-Nazi. Do not watch if you wish to be happy afterwards.

-Django, excellent, humourous, action packed, gory, sad in places, a bit of everything.

-Kill Bill (both parts), you probably did not know you needed to watch Uma Thurman slay 30+ Japanese gang members with a samurai sword. You do now.

-Inglorious barstewards, you probably did not know you needed to watch Brad Pitt carve a swastika into Christophe Waltz's forehead. You do now.

There is one masterpiece however that no person on this forum should ever go without seeing. Brought to this planet by our eternal and infinite lord, Michael Bay. That film is of course Con Air.

Michael Bay? Check.

Explosions? Check.

More explosions? Check.

Explosions inside explosions? Check

Hillbilly Nicholas Cage? Check.

Cringey and horrific bad guy names? Check. (e.g. 'Cyrus the Virus', truly a masterstroke from our Dark Lord).

Cliche story from start to finish? Check.

Nicholas Cage's lionesque mane? Check.

This is a film so manly that just by watching it you will become a testosterone. Your whole body will morph into a living bicep with Nick Cage's face. I am just thankful that The Most True and Powerful Deity: Michael Bay, decided to bestow this brilliance and perfection upon this planet.

I totally agree on Fight Club. I loved the book and Fincher has made an adaptation that doesn't actually ruin the original.

Seven, Django, the Prestige all great films.

I watched Instestellar on my bigass tv and I thought it was really dull. Shame because I like Nolan's other work. Memento in particular is an amazing film.

Memento I could never get into properly, very clever film and concept nonetheless.

Honestly the only thing that disappointed me about Interstellar was the whole tesseract bit and the moral message. Thought it was an excellent sci-fi film but those 2 bits felt a bit corny/cliche. Best scene is the planet close to Gargantua. I'm being very carefully vague here as I don't want to spoil anyone's film experiences :P

Edit: And watch Con Air or we can't speak.

I have seen Con Air a few times. It is pretty good despite having Nicholas Cage in it. Don't rate him as an actor at all.

Same here, that's why in Lord of War where he's a thoroughly loathesome character he's great!

I just love that film cause I saw it when I was 8 and little 8 year old me had never seen so many cool explosions, nor hillbilly Nicholas Cage with hair that I can only aspire to achieve.

Live the film ideas. I like saying shawshank like its a swear word to one our staff drives her nuts.

Love shawshank, seven, silence of the lambs, Schindlers list, fight club, etc etc

Try frailty 2004 I think dark, a bit slow but good, another earth was surprisingly good in a non sci fi kind of way. Despite its sci fi premise.

Some cracking films mentioned. I'm strange with films as on one hand I can talk the brilliance of citizen Kane all night but on my DVD rack (which is now really a wardrobe) I have such guilty classics as

Bring it on

Not another teen movie (not really a fan of these types of movies but the acting and casting are spot on and it hits every genre note so you can't watch the real genre ever again. Sean of the Dead does this for zombie movies as well)

Pitch Perfect

Mean Girls

Some real classic movies oh and cube us worth a watch.

Does Amazon prime have much on it? bought netflix a few weeks ago and it seems pretty limited

Amazon Prime is far superior to Netflix IMO, largely due to the fact that Amazon can afford to pay for the better current stuff. Netflix is also switching its focus from big name TV shows and films to producing more in-house stuff like house of cards.

To be honest though Jamesyboi, you're better off finding a good site online to watch stuff. Just make sure you use google chrome and adblock and you won't have any troubles. Try cokeandpopcorn.ch for current TV shows and for films or older TV shows you'll find a high quality, free video online 98% of the time by googling the film/TV show name followed by 'putlocker'. The best site that I use for that is putlockers.is - it has a white and green theme, good layout and always has a couple of HD links for anything on the site.

I've watched every episode of The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Archer, Rick and Morty and Game of Thrones through the 2 sites mentioned above without any issues or having to pay for Sky/Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc.