oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

There is one masterpiece however that no person on this forum should ever go without seeing. Brought to this planet by our eternal and infinite lord, Michael Bay. That film is of course Con Air.

Michael Bay? Check.

Explosions? Check.

More explosions? Check.

Explosions inside explosions? Check

Hillbilly Nicholas Cage? Check.

Cringey and horrific bad guy names? Check. (e.g. 'Cyrus the Virus', truly a masterstroke from our Dark Lord).

Cliche story from start to finish? Check.

Nicholas Cage's lionesque mane? Check.

This is a film so manly that just by watching it you will become a testosterone. Your whole body will morph into a living bicep with Nick Cage's face. I am just thankful that The Most True and Powerful Deity: Michael Bay, decided to bestow this brilliance and perfection upon this planet.

The best part of con air is Steve Buscemi. Brilliant.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

Don't worry about it. The rep system is getting scrapped soon, anyway.

[quote='MMC' pid='415037' dateline='1444726756'

There is one masterpiece however that no person on this forum should ever go without seeing. Brought to this planet by our eternal and infinite lord, Michael Bay. That film is of course Con Air.

Michael Bay? Check.

Explosions? Check.

More explosions? Check.

Explosions inside explosions? Check

Hillbilly Nicholas Cage? Check.

Cringey and horrific bad guy names? Check. (e.g. 'Cyrus the Virus', truly a masterstroke from our Dark Lord).

Cliche story from start to finish? Check.

Nicholas Cage's lionesque mane? Check.

This is a film so manly that just by watching it you will become a testosterone. Your whole body will morph into a living bicep with Nick Cage's face. I am just thankful that The Most True and Powerful Deity: Michael Bay, decided to bestow this brilliance and perfection upon this planet.

The best part of con air is Steve Buscemi. Brilliant.

Garland Greene>Hannibal Lecter

Steve Buscemi>Anthony Hopkins.

Edit: I have no idea why the above text has gone bold, all I did was quote Humpty :(

For anyone who has Amazon prime, Mr Robot will be available from this Friday.

TV Show, 10/10, just watch it!

I parked this after the first 6 episodes - have the rest of the season but can't find the motivation to watch it at the moment

The same deal with Zoo and The Brink

Watched the first episode of Gotham series 2 the other day ;)

It looks very good, enjoyed the first series after a rough start.

Really enjoyed last night's Walking Dead as well.

I think it's fantastic was really gripped by Gotham series 1.

I'd really advise everyone to watch Captain Phillips btw, based on a true story Tom Hanks plays a starring role in it. I was actually emotionally attached to the film by the end of it.

can't bring myself to watch Captain Phillips for some reason.

this is The Man from Earth, it's a very simple movie, no effects or fancy locations but a fantastic premise and great script

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

You should definitely try watching Captain Phillips. My sister recommended it to me I had no idea what it was about but when I watched it I really liked it.

Top 5 TV series?

For me no.1 is a no brainer. Best TV show ever made…

1. The Sopranos

2. A Game of Thrones

3. Lost

4. Breaking Bad

5. The Walking Dead

House of Cards and Homeland just miss out.

Honourable mentions for Friends and The OC due to my Uni years!

Top 5 TV series?

For me no.1 is a no brainer. Best TV show ever made…

1. The Sopranos

2. A Game of Thrones

3. Lost

4. Breaking Bad

5. The Walking Dead

House of Cards and Homeland just miss out.

Honourable mentions for Friends and The OC due to my Uni years!

Lost got absolutely dreadful after the second season. I'd put The Wire in it's place. I'd also replace Walking Dead with Sons of Anarchy as it's starting to get a bit samey. Apart from that my list is exactly the same.

I'm loving all the comic adaptions at the minute TV wise. Gotham, Arrow, The Flash, Daredevil.. Even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has recovered after a slow start that almost killed it. Lucifer (based on the character from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics) and Legends of Tomorrow look really good from the trailers/pilot too, not sure exactly when they start though

Form Dusk Till Dawn is a brilliant series now, I think the two actors have better chemistry than Tarantino and Clooney. The first series is pretty much a clone of the film (I guess in case anyone didn't see it?) but changed certain aspects and made it a lot more mythological, which works a lot better. Onto the second season now, and the chance to tell it's own, continuation that the film never really got.

The big kid in me still loves South Park too!

Too much to reply to, should really keep track of this thread! All I'll say-

Mr robot is great

So is Rick and morty

So is the man from earth

And I wanted to love sopranos... But I watched it just after the wire. That ruined all tv shows for me

I have tried The Wire twice.

The first time I got to the end of series one and was so bored I stopped watching.

But everyone raves about it.

So I tried again. This time I forced myself to watch series one and two. And I was still bored.

I am obviously missing something. But I don't know what.

My fave tv shows are:

Breaking Bad

Homeland

Waking the Dead

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder.

I really loved Lost (apart from the stupid ending) but I totally appreciate why people think it is rubbish.

Really enjoying the The Blacklist at the moment.

Honourable mentions for:

Luther

Fringe

Teachers

And Gervais - love The Office and Extras but just can't buy Derek - the laughs seem to have all gone.

Tried Sons of Anarchy and wasn't fussed.

But the biggest pile of ***e that I watched based on recommendations was Dexter. I only watched a couple but it was just rubbish!

I have tried The Wire twice.

The first time I got to the end of series one and was so bored I stopped watching.

But everyone raves about it.

So I tried again. This time I forced myself to watch series one and two. And I was still bored.

I am obviously missing something. But I don't know what.

My fave tv shows are:

Breaking Bad

Homeland

Waking the Dead

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder.

I really loved Lost (apart from the stupid ending) but I totally appreciate why people think it is rubbish.

Really enjoying the The Blacklist at the moment.

Honourable mentions for:

Luther

Fringe

Teachers

And Gervais - love The Office and Extras but just can't buy Derek - the laughs seem to have all gone.

Tried Sons of Anarchy and wasn't fussed.

But the biggest pile of *** that I watched based on recommendations was Dexter. I only watched a couple but it was just rubbish!

Have you watch the Ricky Gervais show. It was based on his podcasts and Karl Pilkington is perhaps my favourite person living right now because of it. You can get the podcasts on youtube now but the animation goes well with it.

The West Wing was an absolutely superb tv series as was The Newsroom, which was written by the same guy and had similar themes.  If you haven't seen it then they're worth a look but they are what I would call involved television, it's not light-hearted entertainment for 40 mins, intelligent drama I think it's called.  I haven't seen House of Cards but I'm guessing they might have some similarities in that sense?

Oh yeah and 'Bring it on'  :huh:      As Kevin Keegan once said, he went down in my estimations when he said that.