Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

I really wanted to like it. But I just can’t see any redeeming qualities to it. Being well written is no good if the plot is convoluted and dull. Being well acted is no good if I don’t care about any of the characters.

I just can’t figure out what I am missing.

I get that not everyone likes everything. But there are so many people who I share taste with and whose opinion I really respect that love it. So I think I should too.

But I don’t. So there.

I really wanted to like it. But I just can’t see any redeeming qualities to it. Being well written is no good if the plot is convoluted and dull. Being well acted is no good if I don’t care about any of the characters.

I get that not everyone likes everything. But there are so many people who I share taste with and whose opinion I really respect that love it. So I think I should too.

But I don’t. So there.

I couldn’t get into the wire either, for the same reason that I never warmed to The Sopranos, I couldn’t empathise with any of the characters and couldn’t really see the reward in watching either series, I tried the Wire once and The Sopranos twice, but they didn’t do it for me.

When it comes to American dramas, give me Breaking Bad or Homeland any day.

Happy New Years from Canada! Just an FYI for those who like classic/retro video games from the 1980s,90sand 2000s I came across this website. It even has championship manager 1993 and other football sim and games( old fifa, international soccer/football etc) and flight sim/combat etc. Not sure if they all work but free nevertheless. Regarding TV shows- I’m enjoying the Orville, Star Trek discovery is ok.

Www.classicreload.com Enjoy!

But I don’t. So there.

I couldn’t get into the wire either, for the same reason that I never warmed to The Sopranos, I couldn’t empathise with any of the characters and couldn’t really see the reward in watching either series, I tried the Wire once and The Sopranos twice, but they didn’t do it for me.

When it comes to American dramas, give me Breaking Bad or Homeland any day.

Agree totally. I love Breaking Bad and Homeland. Both brilliant stories. With a range of characters and subtleties of empathy. And a genuine narrative arc that works

Second season of homeland was woeful and seemed unplanned to me. Lots of series tend to go all in on a first season then mess up when they realise they have to continue the story.

I love the wire for what it's worth, probably my favourite series ever. But I always hesitate to recommend it because it's a love it or hate it type show. And it's really hard work to watch, but I felt the payoffs were perfect more often than not.

Second season of homeland was woeful and seemed unplanned to me. Lots of series tend to go all in on a first season then mess up when they realise they have to continue the story.

I love the wire for what it's worth, probably my favourite series ever. But I always hesitate to recommend it because it's a love it or hate it type show. And it's really hard work to watch, but I felt the payoffs were perfect more often than not.

Agree with all of this.

The first season of Arrow is excellent and then as he does with everything he writes, Marc Guggenheim absolutely ruined it with the Felicity character. I haven't touched that since season 4, despite being a huge comic book fan. DC have just missed the mark all around imo.

Out of the 4, I prefer The Flash. It's light-hearted and silly but at least it's intentional. Arrow has kind of been pulled into that crowd and is slowly but surely unable to define itself as it was to begin with. I really liked Felicity until she became the love interest.

Yeah I loved Felicity before they turned her into a love interest, she lost all of her wit and charm for me. Flash is probably my favourite of the 4 but after that nonsense with the crossover and weddings, I think I'll just stick with Gotham. There's a reason Wally West is my favourite Flash. :P

Totally given up on Arrow and Flash. Watched first eps of new sesaons and couldn't be ***d. Never got into Supergirl or Legends.

Enjoying The Gifted right now plus chipping away and loving Narcos!