oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

Just watched The Madeleine McCann series on Netflix.

Was a good sum up of all that happened and you see some viewpoints from a lot of the people who was in and around the case.

Don't know if you English people are fed up with that case though..

I've worked on an awful lot of True crime series and I do find them fascinating, this one doesn't really appeal though, maybe it's the subject matter, maybe it's the fact that no one knows what happened and no one was convicted. Do we learn any new information or are they merely re-telling the story?

I tend to agree with this. Until a conclusion whether it being her being found alive or not everything is speculation. I think the other thing is the 2 younger siblings are now at an age where they will be more aware of things like social media and a greater understanding of what is being said. Their family name is obviously going to be dragged through the mud.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

Was a good sum up of all that happened and you see some viewpoints from a lot of the people who was in and around the case.

I've worked on an awful lot of True crime series and I do find them fascinating, this one doesn't really appeal though, maybe it's the subject matter, maybe it's the fact that no one knows what happened and no one was convicted. Do we learn any new information or are they merely re-telling the story?

It highlighted to me how guilty the media were in their reporting of it... There's genuine testimonies which I hadn't a clue about until this documentary.

Then again though, it coincides with an era when the media began to report sensationalism over substance, and filled papers with rumour in order to sell more copies. Papers like the News of the World (never RIP), The Sun, Daily Mail, The Express... All should be disgusted by how their reporting potentially clouded the inquiry.

It highlighted to me how guilty the media were in their reporting of it... There's genuine testimonies which I hadn't a clue about until this documentary.

Then again though, it coincides with an era when the media began to report sensationalism over substance, and filled papers with rumour in order to sell more copies. Papers like the News of the World (never RIP), The Sun, Daily Mail, The Express... All should be disgusted by how their reporting potentially clouded the inquiry.

The media treatment was vile! And to be honest the media hasn't really changed since. As Denzel Washington put it in one of his interviews, he said something along the lines of "We live in a world we first is best. Doesn't matter if it is true or who it hurts, get it out there".

• 4 weeks later...