oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

Anyone watched the Chernobyl serie? Brilliant. I was only a young kid when it happened so I wasn’t fully aware of the potential disaster. Blimey they nearly whiped out a large part of Eastern Europe.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

Not seen the programme. But did the tour about 3 months ago. The eeriest place I’ve ever been to. Those firemen (first on the scene) they are true heroes not like our charlatans (sure that will upset some ) ;)

Not seen the programme. But did the tour about 3 months ago. The eeriest place I’ve ever been to. Those firemen (first on the scene) they are true heroes not like our charlatans (sure that will upset some ) ;)

You shouldn't talk that way about our armed forces  :omg:

Anyone watched the Chernobyl serie? Brilliant. I was only a young kid when it happened so I wasn’t fully aware of the potential disaster. Blimey they nearly whiped out a large part of Eastern Europe.

I'm really enjoying it! Seen plenty of documentaries and docudramas on it, but I am really liking the way that this is a straight up drama. Very scary to think of the astounding lack of knowledge, about radiation and it's dangers most of the men and women dealing with the immediate aftermath had. Just starting episode 3 now.

I'm really enjoying it! Seen plenty of documentaries and docudramas on it, but I am really liking the way that this is a straight up drama. Very scary to think of the astounding lack of knowledge, about radiation and it's dangers most of the men and women dealing with the immediate aftermath had. Just starting episode 3 now.

Some grueling pictures from the hospital in episode 3.

Just watched episode 1. Totally hooked on Chernobyl. Because I’ve been there I’m gripped, nervous and amazed all at the same time

Just watched episode 1. Totally hooked on Chernobyl. Because I’ve been there I’m gripped, nervous and amazed all at the same time

Biggest shock of Ep 2 Jack Boswell (From tv show Bread) is In it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chernobyl is good, but holy christ has anyone watch when they see us yet?

It's about the central park 5 who were wrongfully imprisoned for raping a woman and leaving her for dead. It's probably the best thing I've seen on TV in years.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Chernobyl is good, but holy christ has anyone watch when they see us yet?

It's about the central park 5 who were wrongfully imprisoned for raping a woman and leaving her for dead. It's probably the best thing I've seen on TV in years.

Started watching it yesterday but got sidetracked. Will start it again soon though. 

Well Chernobyl really was an excellent series from start to finish! Hats off to all involved.

On a side note has anyone seen the that the Russian's are producing their own Chernobyl drama...but the Russian show will show the CIA as being the real reason the reactor exploded. The director of the Russian show genuinely believes there was a chance the CIA caused the disaster. No I'm not making this up!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-48559289

15 minutes ago, boronutter said:

struggled to get into chernobyl to be honest  and give up,even tho everyone seems to think its great tv

Actually agree. I watched it all and I liked it but its way over hyped. The characters are as one dimensional and standard as you get - the hero who sees everything that others dont, the bad guy who's arrogance causes the whole thing to happen.. 

The English language and accents really took me out of what was otherwise an amazing setting too. the amount of effort they went to to make everything else seem so authentic they should have just went all in and done it in Russian.