Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Anyone watched "The Edge" on amazon prime? It's about England Cricket's rise from 7th in the test rankings to 1st, but focuses heavily on the mental aspect of that.

I enjoyed it. I liked the KP documentary on Sky as well I think Hussein interviewed him really well in not shying away from asking the tougher questions. It would have been interesting to see Prior, Flower, Anderson and Broad involved in it though.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, trekkers said:

Just finished Season one of Mindhunter on Netflix. Season 2 already available.  Seems a good show giving early insight into the FBI's BAU.

Season 1 is awesome, while season 2 is slow and not very informative about famous serial killers or their psycology... It's more based around one specific case... No more spoilers, sorry...  Season 2 is worth a watch, but I find season 1 better. Here's hoping season 3 will be a killer! 

16 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Everyone has to see the Joker Joaquin Phoenix was phenomenal in it.

I love how you can see the transformation in his performance, he really emotes the changes in the character. That scene where hes walking out of the subway station after "the incident" (wont spoil it) is one of the most simple, powerful shots I think I've ever seen when put into context of what we had already seen up until that point, where hes suddenly just exuding cool and is finally comfortable in his own skin. I got *** goosebumps.

A great character profile I thought, been recommending it since I left the cinema

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good thread

I enjoy any films, box sets regarding WW2

The last WW2 film I see recently, which I've seen numerous times is The Pianist, great film & sad, in itself, Adrian Brody is the main actor in a Jewish family of 5 living in Poland during the German occupation 

It's presently on Netflix & I will no doubt watch it again soon

The last box set I seen & enjoyed emenselly was Peaky Blinders, excellent, before that Band of brothers, awesome

I can't watch films, or box sets that's got no chance of having any sort of reality in it

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else hear a certain piece of music and just tear up? This sounds ridiculous but there's a Ford Focus advert on at the moment with a brief classical sounding piece in it. Turns out it's by the utterly fantastic British musical collective The Cinematic Orchestra, two pieces called "Arrival of The Birds" and "The Transformation" originally written for a Disney documentary about flamingos of all things!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Does anyone else hear a certain piece of music and just tear up? This sounds ridiculous but there's a Ford Focus advert on at the moment with a brief classical sounding piece in it. Turns out it's by the utterly fantastic British musical collective The Cinematic Orchestra, two pieces called "Arrival of The Birds" and "The Transformation" originally written for a Disney documentary about flamingos of all things!

Perhaps a different form of tearing up in response to music but this made me laugh my tits off when one of the streams had it on.

• Confused 1
21 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Great piece of music, but if anything it makes me feel chilled and tranquil, rather than tearing up.

To get the waterworks going requires something like this...

• Like 1
On 12/3/2019 at 12:31 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I was saddened to hear the news of the loss of Matt Chipchase from Young Rebel Set yesterday. He was a very talented local musician. 

Yes I was shocked to hear this. Such a good band and a nice guy by the sounds of it