oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

I enjoyed it - was a big move away from the first episode, but it was cool that they went for a unique telling. You could tell it was a Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat show though.

It's not unique though, it's the exact same plot as Moffat's 2006 "Jekyll" lol

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm currently reading the graphic novel, up to Volume 4 (out of 8 ) so it might take a while. I'm guessing the TV series is massively toned down though, some of the content of the graphic novel is just insane (but that's Garth Ennis for you!)

It got a bit gritty but not massively graphic. I can imagine what the book is like 😳

On 1/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, Uwe said:

Started watching The Boys on Amazon. Very different take on the superhero thing and quite enjoyable too. 

anyone else seen it? 

I thought it was a really good series, can't get my head around Karl Urban's British accent but weirdly it works! 

On 1/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Brunners said:

I enjoyed it - was a big move away from the first episode, but it was cool that they went for a unique telling. You could tell it was a Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat show though.

I thought the second part was decent too. Only just started the opening scenes of the third. Not sure I'm a big fan of entering present time, but I have been entertained so far.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Finished the Dracula series yesterday. I thought it was decent despite being very different from the traditional dracual movies. I'm sure @Denzel Zanzibarjust hates it because Dracula is played by a Danish actor 😉 

Lol nah, I hated it because Moffat used the exact same plot device for the third episode in his 2006 show "Jekyll."

It was terrible back then, too.

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

Finished the Dracula series yesterday. I thought it was decent despite being very different from the traditional dracual movies. I'm sure @Denzel Zanzibarjust hates it because Dracula is played by a Danish actor 😉 

Two things about the actor too. First off, Claes Bang is an incredible name.

Secondly; the man didn't have his breakout role till he was like...50, that's mad.

It's weird, isn't it? Can't tell whether to feel good for someone finally being able to be themselves or dreadful that the fella has seemingly dealt with this for so long, finding it so difficult to be himself. My cousin went through something similar quite a few years ago now, also married with 2 kids before he came out as he didn't even think he'd be accepted by his immediate family, never mind the extended family.

Philip Schofield coming out as gay is the biggest shock to since Will Young did. 🙄

But I’d be interested to know if it was family or work that put pressure on him to feel that he couldn’t do it before now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 3:16 PM, Uwe said:

Philip Schofield coming out as gay is the biggest shock to since Will Young did. 🙄

But I’d be interested to know if it was family or work that put pressure on him to feel that he couldn’t do it before now 

I think it had to be work pressure to begin with. An openly gay kids' TV presenter back in the 80s? Would never have flown.

I'm just wondering though how he ended up married with kids in the first place...that really boggles my mind!

I had no idea gay people could subvert their feelings to that extent...or maybe he was confused and unsure about which way he wanted to go?

Still...27 years...thats a hell of a long time to keep up any kind of pretence. OTOH waiting until his kids were grown up probably made it easier for everyone to deal with.

• Like 1