oneBoro Forum

Music, Films and TV Series

14 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Any Dexter fans here? 

Just watched the first episode of the comeback season 9! 

Excellent!

I really liked the first few series (especially the one with Colin Hanks in), but it fell into the classic trap of forgetting where it came from. That scene in Season 6 where Dexter's firing a gun at a roadsign was the first warning sign that they'd lost the plot, and by the end we had the whole Debs-in-love-with-him storyline which felt too out of keeping with what had gone before. The ending was also a massive letdown.

Will be interested to know how season 9 progresses, and whether it redeems what came before...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

Started Succession the other day and I'm absolutely loving it, brilliant characters and writing. I'm getting so many laughs out of it.

I've seen A LOT of tv shows and I'm getting very strong vibes from this one, think it could be up there with the greatest (although I'm only 8 episodes in)

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

I've just watched Anne on ITV, which is a powerful retelling of one Hillsborough parent's story. Impressively, they filmed a scene in the Leppings Lane end - I'm surprised Sheffield Wednesday agreed to it, but it certainly added to the authenticity of the story.

On 1/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Out of interest has anyone seen Get Back on Disney. Its amazing just watching the Beatles on camera the editing of it has been phenomenal and how they just came up with songs out of the blue.

Yes it’s an absolute masterpiece. It sent tingles down my spine just watching the creative songwriting process, if you are into music it’s a must watch and you just learn so much about each of the 4 characters. 

The whole project was a labour of love for Peter Jackson and it shows. To make a 9 hour film out of all of that footage and still keep it engaging by creating a story arc that keeps you hooked until the end. 

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the Jeff Lynne ELO concert at Wembley Stadium and some of his songs seem to get better as time progresses.

Have to say the version of Twilight was incredible and now I keep asking Alexa to play the song at least once a day

• 1 month later...

As some of you might know, I am a musician and play shows all over Denmark from smaller venues to festivals. 

I just stumbled over this old recording from before Covid-19 changed the world ... 

We played a small venue on the west coast and this version of Wipe Out was popular as always .. 

Wait for the drum solo .. it's worth it. 🥁 Ever heard a drum solo on a dog's squeaky toy? 👌 

Sound quality is somewhat nice, so I felt like sharing this with those of you who likes music... 

@AnglianRedand @RiseAgainst might fancy this 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love watching a good drummer at work. I once saw the drummer from Crossfaith testing his set before a gig, doing double bass drum rolls as if they were nothing, and it made the hairs on my arms stand up. Everyone else in the crowd was chatting and ordering pints at the bar, and then there's me up by the crush barriers applauding and cheering.

• Thanks 1

Has anybpdy seen the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre yet? I've always been a huge fan of the original and have also enjoyed some of the sequels. But my God Netflix should be ashamed of themselves. Just a very poor movie down to the bone. It just looks so cheap and like it was done in a week. The only saving grace is that it's so short. I'm just so very disappointed. Throwbacks to the feelings after THAT FA Cup game against Cardiff.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Has anybpdy seen the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre yet? I've always been a huge fan of the original and have also enjoyed some of the sequels. But my God Netflix should be ashamed of themselves. Just a very poor movie down to the bone. It just looks so cheap and like it was done in a week. The only saving grace is that it's so short. I'm just so very disappointed. Throwbacks to the feelings after THAT FA Cup game against Cardiff.

Haven't seen it, but it can't be worse than a horror film I saw recently - Rise of the Undead. It's probably the worst attempt at a serious film since Plan 9 From Outer Space. It gets 9 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes, and even that's generous!

• 1 month later...

Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters drummer) has died at the age of 50.

I really hope it isn't another drug overdose, he was such a talented drummer and stepping into Dave Grohl's shoes was never going to be an easy task.

His work on One by One is some of my favourite drumming heard on a record.

Conversely, I hope it's not suicide. I cannot imagine how Dave Grohl could cope with two of his closest musical friends dying in that way.

Desperately sad news irrespective of the circumstances. I love Foo Fighters, and voted on Tuesday for them to be considered as a future headline act at Download.

21 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Conversely, I hope it's not suicide. I cannot imagine how Dave Grohl could cope with two of his closest musical friends dying in that way.

Desperately sad news irrespective of the circumstances. I love Foo Fighters, and voted on Tuesday for them to be considered as a future headline act at Download.

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result of it. They're going so far as to actually call Dave Grohl a murderer, it's sickening.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Sad 2
  • 1 month later...