Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The jockeys must be feckin tiny 🤷‍♂️

All the prominent anti-vaxxers on social media have jumped on it, saying Hawkins was an anti-vaxxer and was forced to get the covid vaccination by the rest of the band, and conversely died as a result

Try both legs of the Villa Play Off games where Pulis tried to defend a 0-1 scoreline without a shot on target. Just when you couldn't bear to watch it any longer and things couldn't become any more t

Posted Images

Everyone here seems to really rate Peaky Blinders so season 1 has been ordered. I'll let you know what I think. :D

You won't be disappointed! It can get slow but it well worth watching

Wayward Pines series two has started - anyone watch it?

I've been enjoying it so far. I'll be honest, I loved the way the first season ended, thought it would be really good to leave it there... But the people have spoken, and a second season was commissioned. Jason Patric is really winning me over as Yedlin, and Djimon Hounsou is a really strong actor to add to the cast. 

As usual, the mystery about where the show is going has me hooked again after only a few episodes.

It's ***ing Twin Peaks all over again!

Wayward Pines series two has started - anyone watch it?

I've been enjoying it so far. I'll be honest, I loved the way the first season ended, thought it would be really good to leave it there... But the people have spoken, and a second season was commissioned. Jason Patric is really winning me over as Yedlin, and Djimon Hounsou is a really strong actor to add to the cast. 

As usual, the mystery about where the show is going has me hooked again after only a few episodes.

It's *** Twin Peaks all over again!

Same here. I guess I just like the weird and wonderful. I enjoyed Lucifer and Penny Dreadful still has my attention too

I don't think the second season has been as strong as the first RE Wayward Pines. It's 4 episodes in and there's not real mystery or hook to it yet. The first season had that incredible reveal episode half way through, it just doesn't feel like this is going to be able to pull off something like that this time round. Still enjoying it though for now.

Keep an eye out tonight for a trailer for the new HBO series "Westworld" before game of thrones. So much talent attached to this one including Jonathan Nolan as creator (Person of interest, Dark Knight, Memento, Interstellar) and Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden and more starring. It's based on a movie from the 1970s (also known as being the source of the itchy and scratchy land parody in the simpsons!) and it's getting huge hype.

I don't think the second season has been as strong as the first RE Wayward Pines. It's 4 episodes in and there's not real mystery or hook to it yet. The first season had that incredible reveal episode half way through, it just doesn't feel like this is going to be able to pull off something like that this time round. Still enjoying it though for now.

Keep an eye out tonight for a trailer for the new HBO series "Westworld" before game of thrones. So much talent attached to this one including Jonathan Nolan as creator (Person of interest, Dark Knight, Memento, Interstellar) and Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden and more starring. It's based on a movie from the 1970s (also known as being the source of the itchy and scratchy land parody in the simpsons!) and it's getting huge hype.

It was never going to match up to Season 1 bit it's still good. I think there's a big reveal coming after what happened in Ep 4, (trying not to spoil it but with the guy coming back who we saw slightly in season 1) and with what's happening with the Abbies.. It'll be nowhere near as shocking as "We're 2000 years in the future" but I'm still hoping it's something clever. As I said I don't think with the way the first ended that they were planning on doing a second year, so they've probably had to come up with something in a shorter period of time to try and top the first, a bit like season 2 of True Detective.

As an aside, if we'd had the TV subforum that was mooted when we were asked what changes could be made to the site a few weeks ago, that above paragraph would have been a lot easier and more detailed as I could have thrown spoilers in if it was in its own thread instead of a general one where everyone can see it, including people who haven't watched it yet. Or if we could hide stuff behind spoiler tags?

It was never going to match up to Season 1 bit it's still good. I think there's a big reveal coming after what happened in Ep 4, (trying not to spoil it but with the guy coming back who we saw slightly in season 1) and with what's happening with the Abbies.. It'll be nowhere near as shocking as "We're 2000 years in the future" but I'm still hoping it's something clever. As I said I don't think with the way the first ended that they were planning on doing a second year, so they've probably had to come up with something in a shorter period of time to try and top the first, a bit like season 2 of True Detective.

As an aside, if we'd had the TV subforum that was mooted when we were asked what changes could be made to the site a few weeks ago, that above paragraph would have been a lot easier and more detailed as I could have thrown spoilers in if it was in its own thread instead of a general one where everyone can see it, including people who haven't watched it yet. Or if we could hide stuff behind spoiler tags?

I agree with having a subsection as I record tv shows but then watch them in spurts if the missus stays over. So we've just finished Banshee and Blindspot but haven't started Wayward Pines 2 yet.

I agree with having a subsection as I record tv shows but then watch them in spurts if the missus stays over. So we've just finished Banshee and Blindspot but haven't started Wayward Pines 2 yet.

Yeah they do it on the Broncos forum I frequent, would be great for discussing theories and stuff, just shot the word spoilers in the title of the thread and everyone know not to go in if they haven't seen it yet. Also would work on here as I know a few posters (myself included) keep up to date with American TV while some are watching on English schedules.

I'd change the Gaming subforum to Entertainment and have Video Games/Prediction League/Fantasy Football/Tv/Film/Music all in there as their own sub subforums, which people can then post threads into, if that makes sense

Yeah they do it on the Broncos forum I frequent, would be great for discussing theories and stuff, just shot the word spoilers in the title of the thread and everyone know not to go in if they haven't seen it yet. Also would work on here as I know a few posters (myself included) keep up to date with American TV while some are watching on English schedules.

I'd change the Gaming subforum to Entertainment and have Video Games/Prediction League/Fantasy Football/Tv/Film/Music all in there as their own sub subforums, if that makes sense

Makes sense to me  -so are you watching Preacher? Theres a few I watch with my daughter who lives with me so we generally watch them straight away. I have this complicated tv show thing going where theres the ones just my daughter and I like to watch, then the ones my missus and I like to watch and finally the ones my missus, daughter and I like to watch, so some I am bang up to date with and yet some I am maybe a season behind with.

Yeah I'm watching Preacher. Joe Gilgun is really stealing the show as Cassidy so far

He is - you can't beat a bit of dark humor, hes our favorite at the moment. We are starting 'Outcast' tonight and I'm going to give 'tomorrow when the war began' a look too, have you bothered with that?

I've downloaded outcast but haven't started it yet, gonna breeze through a few episodes at once on my day off. Hadn't really heard about it until Phil Glennister was on Sunday Brunch discussing it last week

I've never heard of that other show thoufh, what's it about?