oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City (A) 0-1

After watching the highlights for the first time my mind has changed and I can only say that we absolutely battered them, I think Leadbetter may have been carrying some personal responsibility at the end as he missed an absolute sitter which in fairness though he started with a great challenge in thier half - he was probably still beating himself up over it at the time of the interview - the goal was a shambles - needless free kick given in an un threatening area then dealt with appalingly by our defence. A one minute lapse in what otherwise was absolute dominance against a team which offered nothing - this will happen, it hurts but we are third and I cannot believe every team will be as weak as to camp in thier own box for 90 mins - title still well within our grasp.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think some people forget the players are the same as people on here , some players are posetive after a defeat and dont let it bother them. And some take it really badly. Especially if they think theyve had abad game Ive played with some guys who you just walk past for a few hours after a game if youve lost.

Watching the highlights, and Adomah in-particular, it looks like we were set up like we should be with Stuani on the pitch (RW playing really centrally during attacks). It looks like Karanka is trying to keep the team playing the same way even with the wrong personnel so that the team get used to it. If Stuani was on the end of that headed chance of Alberts, im 99% sure he would have scored, likewise when he got played through on goal, it was a pretty tame effort on goal, i fancy Stuani to bury that if he got in the same position.

Just brought myself to watch the highlights of this game. It reeks of Leeds at home last season. How we didn't win that I don't know. But I would love it if the team took more shots and stopped trying to pass it into the goal.