oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City (A) 0-1

Would rather win one and lose one than draw both, but I have a feeling we'll sneak a win at Wolves. I think we'll get 4 points.

1-1 for this one though, Nuge to level after Cardiff go ahead.

Be happy with that as I have a ticket for Wolves :dodgy:

To be honest 4 points from these two games would be massive

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think we'll be trying to win both games this week to get back on track. A win tomorrow gets us back on track for the 2 points per game ratio which normally gets you promoted. I'd like to see us go for it

Id go as low as 2 points  from both games jimmy , two draws wouldn't be the end of the world.

Considering they are two midtable teams we really have to win at least one of them. I think we need a minimum of 3 points from those two games in order to keep pace with those around us. Also two draws would make it 4 games without a win, and that's a bit worrying.

Let's take one game at a time though. On paper we have a much better squad than Cardiff and hopefully that will shine through in the pitch. We can hope that they are willing to get forward and actually attack us and leave some space at the back for our front 4.

Think we will run out 2-0 winners with goals from Nugent and Downing. I can't see them scoring against us. Do they have a recognised striker?

Surely Forshaw is due a game.. Leadbitter isn't doing enough IMO.. The inclusion of Forshaw would give the midfield a spark and would improve us going forward without hindering us defensively.

I feel flat after Saturdays game, Its a game we should of easily won.. Fulham are a poor/ average at best team & have a shocking defence and we struggled to create much.

As for this game... We simply need to win, With a busy schedule ahead I anticipate more points dropped.

I don't know if its the International break that's took the wind out my sail's or the thought of another potentially frustrating season.... I say frustrating because its games like Bristol City & Fulham that cost us promotion last season.

1-1 draw tomorrow.

Surely Forshaw is due a game.. Leadbitter isn't doing enough IMO.. The inclusion of Forshaw would give the midfield a spark and would improve us going forward without hindering us defensively.

I feel flat after Saturdays game, Its a game we should of easily won.. Fulham are a poor/ average at best team & have a shocking defence and we struggled to create much.

As for this game... We simply need to win, With a busy schedule ahead I anticipate more points dropped.

I don't know if its the International break that's took the wind out my sail's or the thought of another potentially frustrating season.... I say frustrating because its games like Bristol City & Fulham that cost us promotion last season.

1-1 draw tomorrow.

After Saturday's result I'm getting nightmares of last season again. We really can't afford many more days like that again or we'll be in the bloody play offs again.

Easy now. We've only really had two setbacks this season against Bristol and Fulham. But then again we have picked up wins away against Forest and Wednesday where we never win. If you expect us to win 46 games then you are in for one hell of disappointment because that's just not going to happen. We've lost twice in 14 games and are level on points with 2nd place. That's pretty impressive.

Easy now. We've only really had two setbacks this season against Bristol and Fulham. But then again we have picked up wins away against Forest and Wednesday where we never win. If you expect us to win 46 games then you are in for one hell of disappointment because that's just not going to happen. We've lost twice in 14 games and are level on points with 2nd place. That's pretty impressive.

Weren't Preston and Reading setbacks?

I'd say the opening game away against a promoted side is always going to be very difficult, so I wasn't expecting a win. And away against a tean in such good form as Reading was never going to be easy. Defeat was definately a possibility and I don't expect us to win every single game, so because of that I'm well aware that we will drop points along the way, and I just thing the Bristol and Fulham games were genuine setbacks as opposed to the games against Preston and Reading.

I'd say the opening game away against a promoted side is always going to be very difficult, so I wasn't expecting a win. And away against a tean in such good form as Reading was never going to be easy. Defeat was definately a possibility and I don't expect us to win every single game, so because of that I'm well aware that we will drop points along the way, and I just thing the Bristol and Fulham games were genuine setbacks as opposed to the games against Preston and Reading.

Of-course we will lose game like we did at Reading and that's fine because it happens.........But, Imo we are already showing the same traits that cost us automatic promotion last season.....

1. Dropping points against lower end/ Bang average teams like Bristol City, Fulham & Preston.

2. When we go in to the second half of a game with a lead we sit back, Make the opposition look better than they are and hope we hang on to the 3 points.... The 2 points dropped at Derby still annoys me because there midfield was dismantled with injury's and instead of taking advantage we just sat back hoping to hang on and we couldn't.

3. We are still to defensive minded... We have the players to be more of an attacking team but we are still to cautious.

This was said before the Reading defeat by me and others... We were fortunate to of had the winning streak we had because we wasn't playing at our best and we rode our luck a bit.... 2 games later and we still haven't improved our performances... I'm starting to think we have been playing as good as we will do, Purely because AK isn't attack minded enough to get us playing any better... We have the players to do what Bournemouth did to teams but AK's tactics wont allow us to do that, Meaning we will be mostly in close games and that means dropped points against poor/Average teams.

I am quite happy with how we have done so far and where we are at.

But maybe that is because I am almost always positive. Whereas NB seems to be in a state of perpetual negativity.

People ignore the positive things I say and only acknowledge the so-called negative comments.

I speak the truth while to many on hear sugarcoat our downfalls.

Before anyone sign's up to this forum they should be informed... Only sign up if you 100% of the time post positive posts.

Its a bit of a joke on hear lately with people having a go at people who dare to criticise.

I am quite happy with how we have done so far and where we are at.

But maybe that is because I am almost always positive. Whereas NB seems to be in a state of perpetual negativity.

People ignore the positive things I say and only acknowledge the so-called negative comments.

I speak the truth while to many on hear sugarcoat our downfalls.

Before anyone sign's up to this forum they should be informed... Only sign up if you 100% of the time post positive posts.

Its a bit of a joke on hear lately with people having a go at people who dare to criticise.

You're being over dramatic. Lots of people on here criticize. It's just that your expectations are rather unrealistic. We're 11 games into the season and in a very healthy position yet all you talk about is how poor we are, tactics are wrong and how we are throwing automatic promotion away like we have some Divine right to be up there. There are many new players and some who are new to the league. You should know that this league is riddled with results that on paper should be easy to predict.

It's interesting that when the Team are doing really well and we win seven on the bounce, this board is fairly quiet yet when we have a little 'hiccup' then all of a sudden we become a poor team, tactics are wrong etc.

Let's have a little reality check lads, we ain't going to win every game, we will make mistakes, we will lose games BUT we will be up challenging for the top positions.

I know in general we have been let down many times in history but that is the past, let's get behind the team and enjoy what hopefully will be a promotion season.

2-0 tomorrow, Downing to score first.

11 games in, third position. Great start considering how last season ended and how many new players we have, best owner, manager and squad in the league and people acting like were in crisis over a 0-0 draw with fulham. Calm the *** down