oneBoro Forum

What's gone RIGHT and what DOES NOT need to CHANGE?

I know it is difficult after a defeat but we are still in a decent position. We have shown earlier in the season that we are capable of scoring goals and going a good run.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the knee jerk negativity is why I no longer look forward to trips to the riverside. Too many fans expect us to be world beaters and never lose a game. I can't stand the fans that spend the whole game moaning at the players, telling them they are rubbish. The crowd that go to away games are usually much more my kind of supporter - one is behind the team and supports them through thick and thin. Appreciating that the players are trying their best and we won't in every game.

3 games ago we were on an amazing run, top scorers , best defenders. We can do it again. We have lost 2 out of 3 which is a port run but we are equally capable of winning the next 3.

Up the Boro

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to XG we should be top of the league with five wins and 15 points! Of course XG never tells the full story and I'm not actually suggesting we should have five wins, but it does point to

It’s the complete opposite of this thread, but Wilder needs to set us up with more of a solid structure in midfield as it's simply not working at the moment. I appreciate that Wilder wants exciting fo

Thought I’d resurrect this classic just in case 😛

We are 2 points worse off than at this point last season having played 1 fewer game (13 by this point last season as opposed to only 12 so far this), we had also lost 4 games at this point last season.

So not really any better are we?

Or you could say that we are just as good as last season, and what a great season that was.

What do you suggest that we do to change things KM?

We didn't achieve promotion last season so i'd say it's quite pertinent.

I personally think that AK need to STOP rotating his team every match as I think that he made 3 changes in the last 2 game as he shouldn't do that as he need the strongest 11 first teamer players on the pitch at all times specially for this league!!

But who are our strongest first XI? Do you know? Does Karanka? Surely it is flexible and changess due to form and injury.

On Saturday I thought Ben Gibson (Vs Fulham) did brilliant and we kept a clean sheet and then he dropped for the next game- why??

Maybe he is still a bit sore from his injury. And Amorebietta has played well this season and, by all accounts had a decent game last night.

AA he is our best winger (on the right) that we have in our team at the moment so why continuing keep dropping him? fair do he might of been jet leg but he does comes on from the bench later in the game so why do we not start with him and then if he poor later in the game then take him off!!!

Adomah has been the one player I have heard criticised more than any other for his performance last night. If he is out of form and not playing well then maybe that is why he is not a permanent fixture in the team?

At our home game he should always play with 2 strikers and not 1 as I felt really sorry for Nugent who had to run across the pitch numbers of time and not got anywhere at all and he doesn't really have any support from the other players!!

I agree Nugent is isolated, but very few teams play with 2 out and out strikers. Who is to say that putting 2 up top won't just leave both of them isolated with less players to supply them? Surely it is the job of the 5 behind the striker to provide support rather than just putting an extra striker up there?

Think Adam Forshaw will be thinking WHY the hell have I joined the Boro?? the poor lad had played brilliant every-time he on the pitch so why do the hell do we not letting play??? the player AK should be rotating is between the tree of Clayton,Forshaw and GL and not the rest of the team...

Many have been clamouring for Forshaw to play more but Karanka is the one who sees him every day in training and knows how effective Clayton and Leadbitter have been since the beginning of last season.

We missed out on promotion by the finest of margins last season. Karanka is aware of this and I have no doubt he will be working on tweaking those fine margins behind the scenes.

We are 2 points worse off than at this point last season having played 1 fewer game (13 by this point last season as opposed to only 12 so far this), we had also lost 4 games at this point last season.

Or you could say that we are just as good as last season, and what a great season that was.

So would you describe last season as not a great one? In my opinion it was the most exciting season we have had for years.

So would you describe last season as not a great one? In my opinion it was the most exciting season we have had for years.

That's completely irrelevant. The discussion was regarding achieving promotion this season. KM and Will were discussion key dates and progress between this and last season.

At this point in the season, we are behind where we were last season when we didn't achieve promotion. It just confirmed that many people's concerns are founded on at least some kind of logic.

We are 3 points off auto promotion Yes we havent played well last 3. But thats down to the players not firing Play any systen you want but if half your players are below par you struggle to win.

Brighton wont be top 3 at the end. I think we will have to fight the likes of hull in the end and they are having the same start we are

That's completely irrelevant. The discussion was regarding achieving promotion this season. KM and Will were discussion key dates and progress between this and last season.

At this point in the season, we are behind where we were last season when we didn't achieve promotion. It just confirmed that many people's concerns are founded on at least some kind of logic.

But if we beat Wolves will be ahead of where we were last season. So then this season could be even better than last. Which was the most exciting season in years. In my opinion. The margins are so fine in football.

I often think of this in regard to our premiership time. What is our record points haul? In the low 50s? And yet getting into the 40s is enough to just stay up. I know I am digressing but my point is that a few points can make a massive difference in football.

We are 3 points off auto promotion Yes we havent played well last 3. But thats down to the players not firing Play any systen you want but if half your players are below par you struggle to win.

Brighton wont be top 3 at the end. I think we will have to fight the likes of hull in the end and they are having the same start we are

Agreed.

What's certain is that while he is not playing Forshaw is being bigged up as the big saviour and someone to come in suddenly add all the jazz to our attacking play. Just like when Muzzy was out of the team and people thought he'd be the big saviour. There is a reason why Forshaw is not playing much and the coaching staff sees him for hours every day on the pitch. Maybe he just doesn't fit in. Like Butterfield he seems like the player that is not quite a CM and not quite an AM. I'm not against giving him a chance, but don't think that everything will be different because we switch a seasoned CM with someone who has limited Championship experience.

On the whole, I don't know what needs to change. Goals would obviously be nice. Let's see what happens when Stuani is back again.

Why have we bought him then if we're not going to give him a chance? I don't understand why he is here anymore we only see him in cup games. He gets rave reviews. Just give him a chance and see what he can do

Why have we bought him then if we're not going to give him a chance? I don't understand why he is here anymore we only see him in cup games. He gets rave reviews. Just give him a chance and see what he can do

As I said last night, I've been to a lot of fun the games that he's got rave reviews for and he hasn't impressed me to a point where I think he should be in the team. The rave reviews always seem to come from people who have asked for him to be in the team in the past, so they exaggerate his contribution to try and prove their own point, Maddo being one of them.

What's certain is that while he is not playing Forshaw is being bigged up as the big saviour and someone to come in suddenly add all the jazz to our attacking play. Just like when Muzzy was out of the team and people thought he'd be the big saviour. There is a reason why Forshaw is not playing much and the coaching staff sees him for hours every day on the pitch. Maybe he just doesn't fit in. Like Butterfield he seems like the player that is not quite a CM and not quite an AM. I'm not against giving him a chance, but don't think that everything will be different because we switch a seasoned CM with someone who has limited Championship experience.

On the whole, I don't know what needs to change. Goals would obviously be nice. Let's see what happens when Stuani is back again.

I've watched Foreshaw since he was a kid and he's definitely a centre midfielder. The problem is we don't play centre midfielders we play a 6 an 8 and a 10. Adam's not suited to any of these roles.

His strength is moving himself and the ball through the field and in a traditional 4 4 2 he'd be our stand out cm. As a 6 or an 8 he's not disciplined enough and the role takes away his strengths. The same can be said for the 10 role the lack of space stops his runs and limits his passing. Butterfield was very similar and he's struggling on a 3 at Derby.

It does bring up the question of why we signed him (and for so much money) when there are/were other options out there more suited to the 6/8 role. I kidded myself that it would be a chance to play horses for courses or a part of plan b but neither has materialised.

For me, we seem to be picking the entire team based on the defensive contribution they provide. Our attacking midfielders are picked because they track back, Nugent is picked because he works hard etc etc. This leads to a very solid base but is not effective unless we sneak a goal and then control possession. Of We go down or are being held for a long time We end up in trouble.

We don't put defenses under any sustained pressure during games and we don't have a player in our team who is purely forward thinking. I don't Know Of any really successful teams that operate the way we do. The closest are Chelsea and Madrid, and their front fours job is entirely to attack with defensive duties a distant second. For us it seems to be the opposite.

I don't feel karanka is operating the 4-2-3-1 system as effectively as he could, especially with the players we have at our disposal.

Everything seems to be going wrong at the moment.

Nugent is quality and fits into the system perfect, its the three behind him that are the problem goals wise

Downing has done nothing much this season, with his quality its hard to believe how poor he has actually been. His pace has completely gone though which does seem to have a huge effect on his game. At the moment its quite worrying he is on a 5 year contract.

Adomah was summed up by his performance last night for me. He is awful, possibly one of the least effective forwards we have had in years. Cant shoot, cant cross, is so lazy off the ball that it puts the entire team under pressure. Can someone please tell me what he brings to this team. He showed over the summer he doesnt want to be here too. Why is he still in the team? Would take Yanic over Adomah at the moment.

After initial promise Fabbrini looks poor now, time after time he is making the wrong decisions. Twice he had the opportunity to put Adomah through on goal last night and delayed too long and lost the ball. Sheffield wednesday away he did the same thing and 30 seconds later we conceded. Its becoming pretty clear why he has been at so many clubs in his career

The most worrying thing now is that the defence are starting to look poor too, last night Ayala was awful, could have easily been sent off, Friend was poor too, previously you could overlook his defensive weakness because he was so good going forward, he doesnt even offer an attacking threat now.

Nsue is a must on the right side, the only player in the team who can cross a ball, Kalas gets into the right positions but crossing wise he is completely ineffective. When you are struggling for goals Nsue is a must at RB.

Some serious changes needed, far too many under performing players in this team. Would love to see this team on Saturday

------------Dimi--------------

Nsue--F.A---Ayala--Friend

----Forshaw--Clayton--------

Stuani---Downing----De Pena

----------Nugent---------------

At the moment I would like to have Reach and Husband in the team but that wont be possible for a while yet