oneBoro Forum

What's gone RIGHT and what DOES NOT need to CHANGE?

I wasn't for signing Valdes either, as mentioned he played in a side where 90% of the time, the opposition didn't even have the ball. But I still think overall he's probably a better keeper than Dimi.

Barragan is better than Nsue in that position, there's no doubt in that for me. Nsue is a pretty average player all-round. He's a decent player for the level below us and he really found his home last year to sort out a problem position for us. But from what little we've seen of him so far, he's not made the step up. Barragan for the most part has been fine but he had a hell of a job on his hands with Success at the weekend, even if he did make it harder for himself with a couple of stupid fouls.

I think Chambers is really growing into the position which is no real surprise when you see how the manager has improved Gibson and Ayala previous to him. He didn't do too bad when he went to right-back either.

Ramirez is the same Ramirez we had before, he's just got better players in front of him and he can't find the kind of space he found in the Championship.

Negredo is what Kike tried to be. A striker to play off and help us create chances. He's dropped off a bit, his partnership with Ramirez seemed to be flourishing against Stoke for the first 45 but that gap has been cut and so has our supply line in doing so. He tries a few neat flicks here and there in order to create space for us but he really needs better players around him to make that work.

I would really like to see him partnered with another striker or drop our CAM back to allow for a LF-ST-RF front 3. I keep saying it, both Fischer and Traore played in those positions previously in that kind of system and it would be interesting to see how it played out if it happened. There's not a lot of width in there but we don't really have a lot of that right now anyway. If we're going to play narrow, we might as well put the players there to help Negredo out.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to XG we should be top of the league with five wins and 15 points! Of course XG never tells the full story and I'm not actually suggesting we should have five wins, but it does point to

It’s the complete opposite of this thread, but Wilder needs to set us up with more of a solid structure in midfield as it's simply not working at the moment. I appreciate that Wilder wants exciting fo

Thought I’d resurrect this classic just in case 😛

I would rather play a narrow three behind Negredo or Rhodes.

-----------De Roon-Forshaw--------

----Fischer-Ramirez-Downing----

----------------Negredo----------------

Those five players behind Negredo are all hard working and we will obviously lose some width but Negredo would most likely have some more supports. At the moment we only have any real width to the left anyway. It would also leave De Roon to do what he does best and that is to stay back (at least his form in Serie A suggested that). With the lack of wingers I feel we would be more suited to playing a narrower style.

• 3 weeks later...

It's time to bring up this legendary thread again...

So as we go into the international break on the back of a 3 game unbeaten run, what do you think has gone right and what does not need to change after the international break?

I'll start..

ADAMA TRAORE - One of the main reasons for our upturn in fortunes and for that reason alone he needs to stay in the team.

So as we go into the international break on the back of a 3 game unbeaten run, what do you think has gone right and what does not need to change after the international break?

I'll start..

ADAMA TRAORE - One of the main reasons for our upturn in fortunes and for that reason alone he needs to stay in the team.

Why don't you start a new thread off instead of bringing this tired old $hit up. This forum needs a fast turnover of interesting different threads, not a long boring thread were good points get lost after several replies.

You're always starting threads up on a rival forum, so why are you reluctant to do so on here?

I'll start..

Why don't you start a new thread off instead of bringing this tired old $hit up. This forum needs a fast turnover of interesting different threads, not a long boring thread were good points get lost after several replies.

You're always starting threads up on a rival forum, so why are you reluctant to do so on here?

Sensitive much?

FMTTM has always been the place where you can post whatever the hell you like regardless of its significance or relevance. OneBoro is and always has been more structured. FMTTM gets 3 different threads when someone scores a goal and is mostly political discussion.

New threads are the life blood of a forum. This structure need loosening up a little. There is an obsession with long boring threads, no wonder traffic is down.

No they're not. Discussion is the life blood of a forum, be that on a new thread or an ancient one. Not sure why you're trying to draw a correlation between long threads and site traffic because that's just ridiculous, there's always been long threads on this site and traffic has varied up and down irrespective of thread length. In fact I remember a particularly long thread from yourself about some ridiculous lamp. But if you think it's a problem, why not start a thread?

The only change has been that we haven't been making silly individual mistakes in the defence so we've been able to keep a solid organized which all our success has been based off. We still look awful going forward and i can't see that changing under AK but hey credit for him putting traore in, he's given us a big lift.

I'll start..

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Chris-Pratt-Middle-Finger.gif

Against ***nal and Man City we resorted to what we know and do well. Defensive rigidity. Our issues seem to lie with taking the game to the opposition when the onus is on us to get a result. We were under the cosh against Bournemouth at home but we (mostly) kept our defensive discipline. Ramirez scored a wonder goal on the counter and our second (to be fair) was well worked. There's a balance there somewhere that we have to become more accustomed to and i don't think we've quite got it spot on yet.

The only change has been that we haven't been making silly individual mistakes in the defence so we've been able to keep a solid organized which all our success has been based off. We still look awful going forward and i can't see that changing under AK but hey credit for him putting traore in, he's given us a big lift.

We have made plenty of individual mistakes in defense. Mistakes that lost the game against palace to name just two.

We have made plenty of individual mistakes in defense. Mistakes that lost the game against palace to name just two.

That's what he's saying. Dxmge is saying that the big thing that's changed is we've stopped making those mistakes. We're not giving goals away like we were before.

That's what he's saying. Dxmge is saying that the big thing that's changed is we've stopped making those mistakes. We're not giving goals away like we were before.

Ahh ok, I read it as this season we haven't made silly individual mistakes. I'm still hung over from an insane weekend in Hamburg. That Aubameyang is some striker.

• 5 years later...