oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester United (A) Capital one cup 0-0 aet 3-1 Penalties

Was this done by Boro fans? was during the penalty shootout

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING: FA to investigate directing of a laser towards Wayne Rooney during Manchester United's League Cup loss to Middlesbrough.

WayneRooney-laser.png

It's just his inner shrek coming out...

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was this done by Boro fans? was during the penalty shootout

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING: FA to investigate directing of a laser towards Wayne Rooney during Manchester United's League Cup loss to Middlesbrough.

WayneRooney-laser.png

Well, this wasn't sanctioned, and pretty much bankrupted the Russian FA.

And obviously this explains Rooney's poor form- I pity the Boro fan who's followed Wayne round and has constantly been shining a laser pen in his face.

igor.jpg.9692cbec3d066d7208229e429807ae1e.jpg

Now I've had time to calm down, my Player Ratings:

MEJIAS - 8 - Actually didn't have a lot to do in the game. A few easy takes from shots straight at him, good command of his area, a nice save at the feet of an oncoming striker. And an amazing performance in the Penalty shoot out! Would've been a 9 but for that one spill.

KALAS - 9 - Made some absolutely phenomenal blocks and tackles throughout the game. Though he was our best player in the first half. By far his most accomplished op defensive outing in a Boro shirt.

AYALA - 10 - Another level from a player who is a massive contender for best defender in the second tier. Heroic performance full of heart, passion and bravery. Even managed a Hand of God!

GIBSON - 8 - Ayala always seems to benefit from Gibbo being on his left. A very unselfish player who brings out the best of those around him. Some excellent positional work last night, and a great penalty!

FRIEND - 8 - A fantastic first half both defensively and offensively. United realised his danger early on and curtailed it a little in the second half. Another Gorgeous display

LEADBITTER - 8 - Breaking forward, inch perfect diagonal passing, willing the team on. Great captains performance. Shame about his set pieces and composure in front of goal, though.

STEPHENS - 7 - A good outing from the lad; especially given his lack of game time this season. Very mature and picked a few good passes.

NSUE - 7 - Caused a good few problems for the United back line, getting into good positions. As usual, often tried to over complicate things, though. Always looks like he could add a burst of flair, though.

DOWNING - 8 - Another driving force within the team. Every time the ball falls ice,y to his left lot, you expect something extraordinary. His importance to our balance cannot be overstated.

DE PENA - 6 - Work rate wise, his best performance so far. Tracked back, made a few good tackles, but gets lacksidasical with his passing sometimes. Once he beds in, reckon he'll be good. Another p,Ayer who seems to have that spark of flair just waiting to ignite.

KIKE - 8 - A very intelligent and articulate performance from him, I though. Led the line very well and some great work to bring the three behind him into play. Seems to have finally found the knack of his go-to cheating down if long balls. Ran the channels nicely, but needed a bit more support from deep at times in order to penetrate through the best defence in the top flight.

SUBS:

Zuculini - 7 - A few good passes. Could be an astute short term acquisition.

Nugent - 7 - Excellent work rate and always dependable. Except from the penalty spot!

Clayton - n/a

Coyuldn't have said it better myself :D

Loved every minute of last night and weirdly it never felt in doubt we were the better team in all the key areas. Really the game shouldn't have gone to extra time bit I'll let leadboots off.

Stephens looked solid alongside grant and I have a seeking suspicion that we will see more of him than foreshaw when injuries and suspensions hit the dynamic duo.

Kike continued to prove he's worth a game if he starts and his strike which hit the post must have been a close call. No idea what the man u lad was doing afterwards.

Mejias looked good again but the real star was Ayala who didn't put a foot wrong.

Delighted with the draw it'll be tough but Everton are inconsistent so we have a chance.

Ultimately though, for me, all this means nothing unless we get three points at the weekend. I don't want these games to be events anymore.

Oh and one non footballing thing traffic last night was a bitch both going and coming back. It was past 3 by the time I crossed the doors. I guess that's what happens when all the man u fans leave Manchester to go home.

Think we should strike while the iron is hot with Meijas, throw him back in now while his confidence is at an all time high here and the fans on his side.

He looked a different keeper tonight and did in the cup games last season to the one who first came here, calm & in control. That take with his chest summed it up really.

It would be harsh on Dimi but we really do need to plan for the future because Dimi is getting on a bit now. So good dilemma for AK to have and I honestly don't know where this leaves Agazzi now. Is he still here? :D

Dont think I have seen a better individual performance from a Boro player as Ayala last night, he was outstanding. He has looked a bit dodgy lately but performances like that show he really should be in the premier league.

Gibson, Kike and Stephens were brilliant too, will be a tough choice for who starts on saturday

I was laughing at the sky commentary when Gibson scored his penalty and shouted '****ing come on'. I think it was Carragher who said 'I think it's safe to say he's happy'.

My wife, looking over my shoulder during the penalties as I watched them, gasped and said: "Did he just say what I think he did? Y'all Middlesbrough people are just rude!"

Also, while everyone rushes to mob Mejias after his penalty save, fair play to Ayala for staying at the halfway line to shake everyone's hand. Maybe he was just too knackered to run more..

Was probably handing out business cards for future employment...

I was working late so had to listen to the extra time and penalties on Five live. What really annoyed me was the commentator could name every United player on the ball but when it came to us and it wasn't downing on the ball he just said "Middlesbrough in possession". It was like we played in a Outer ***olia Sunday league or something :@

Also, while everyone rushes to mob Mejias after his penalty save, fair play to Ayala for staying at the halfway line to shake everyone's hand. Maybe he was just too knackered to run more..

Was probably handing out business cards for future employment...

There's a great picture of everyone running to celebrate and ayala just stood there with a face as if to say 'naughty boy is going to kill me for giving us another cup game'.