oneBoro Forum

Odegaard on loan ?

He wouldn't get into the team ahead of Grant and Clayton so hope he brings his blanket with him to keep himself warm on the bench, he can share it with Forshaw :P

Apart from a few highlights I haven't seen him play so can't really comment on his current ability. But at 16 years is he really mature enough to play in the championship in completely new surroundings? The reports coming out of Madrid about his personality is hardly covering him in glory. At such a young age he already seems to think he is too important to train with his agegroup.

Norway international, and singlehandedly led Stromdsoget to a against-the-odds league title- however, seemed nice to begin with but is now throwing all his toys out the pram at being forced to play and sometimes train with Castilla, and is being slated by the Spanish press. Needs a bit of work- at the minute, we can't give it to him.

Working with our youth set up would probably do wonders for him. But it strikes me he would be moving to play first team football. He might be a Real Madrid player but would get past: Clayton, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Stephens?

To be honest - I don't know!

Norway international, and singlehandedly led Stromdsoget to a against-the-odds league title- however, seemed nice to begin with but is now throwing all his toys out the pram at being forced to play and sometimes train with Castilla, and is being slated by the Spanish press. Needs a bit of work- at the minute, we can't give it to him.

The Spanish press are notoriously biased and judgemental - once they've made their mind up about a player, they treat them in a certain way, and twist all the facts to fit the narrative. Just look how Marca have treated Gareth Bale.

Not saying it's not true, but just that I wouldn't go off what the media over there say.

Working with our youth set up would probably do wonders for him. But it strikes me he would be moving to play first team football. He might be a Real Madrid player but would get past: Clayton, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Stephens?

To be honest - I don't know

He wouldn't be competing with them TG he plays further upfield.

Probably direct competition for Fabrini if he came. The talent is there. Worth a punt I would say.

To be honest - I don't know

He wouldn't be competing with them TG he plays further upfield.

Probably direct competition for Fabrini if he came. The talent is there. Worth a punt I would say.

I did think that when I was writing it. Even if in other teams he might be considered a CM Karanka doesn't really play traditional CMs does he. Leadbitter and Clayton and both holding/defensive midfielders. When Forshaw comes on he often comes on as the central one of the three attacking midfielders rather than traditional CM.

So in conclusion, I think you are probably right. Sign him up!

He sounds like a complete ***. Wouldnt want him anywhere near our team

What about him makes him a ***? The fact that he and Madrid signed a contract that guarantees him and them certain things and that he wants them to hold up their side of the contract?

Excuse me a little??? It`s been a long time since i last posted, even visiting the forum due to heavy workloads lately. But someone calling Ødegård a complete turd, well that really makes me turn my head. May I ask what on earth you are basing that on? I am Norwegian, and although I am skeptical towards him playing in the champo due to him being a bit lightweight, he could well end up like Jota. Only he has more skills, and that at the age of 17.

A turd... a turd. If it`s one thing you have got to admire about Ødegård, is how he has gone on being the same down to earth person. friendly, honest and as hardworking as ever. -what got him where he is in the first place. I am sorry Jamesp, you are simply wrong.