oneBoro Forum

MMO's

Hello all,

Does anyone play any of these MMO things?  Up until recently I haven't really heard of them but I wondered if there were any good ones around and if anyone had any experience of them?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I don't know much about it mate so I was wondering what type of things were available and if people had recommendations of good ones they've played. I've googled it but there seems to be loads and I wouldn't know where to start so thought it was worth asking on here. Do you play any?

World of war craft is probably the most popular. It's been out that long that you can just download it for free and play until level 50 these days I think.

Assuming your talking pc if not then final fantasy realm reborn is good on consoles.

Sorry I should have said that.  I'm mostly interested in a PC one I guess and strategy based ideally.

Sounds like you should try EVE, bit slow for me mind I didn't really like but alot of people love it

Thanks mate I'll take a look at it. I don't mind if it's slow as long as it's not a game that you need to spend hours and hours each day on it to make any progress

Played Warcraft for a long time. Involves strategy for co-ordination in the raids but it's a lot of grind as you level up. The best thing about any MMO, I find, is the community. Warcraft is really good for that with the long-established guilds, but the game can be a bit monotonous when you're playing solo. I gave it up earlier this year because of being out of sync time-zones-wise with my old guild after moving from the UK. League of Legends and DOTA are both very popular too and involve a bit more strategy. League was free last I looked, not sure about DOTA these days.

Thanks mate I'll take a look at it. I don't mind if it's slow as long as it's not a game that you need to spend hours and hours each day on it to make any progress

I wouldn't bother then, that's the whole point of most MMO's, they're an absolute time sink.

World of Warcraft is really THE only MMO out there.

However after recently kicking an 8 year habit, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I've tried a few since and nothing really compares.

Me and another forum member play league of legends. Very fun when playing with people, stressful if playing alone. Doesn't require a mass input of time like wow. It's one of those game that takes 10 mins to learn, a lifetime to master

If you don't want to spend hours each day then an MMO RPG isn't for you, league isn't like that so maybe try that..

• 4 years later...

Still depends on what you're looking for.

I'd say some of the bigger ones include:

World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2
The Elder Scrolls Online
Final Fantasy XIV
EVE Online
Runescape
Black Desert Online.

There's a new one coming in early 2021 that looks quite interesting called New World.