oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 0-3

Didn't Alex Bruce get injured for Hull on Tuesday? He was subbed very early. They have some real talent in midfield with Huddlestone and Livermore, so leadbitter and Clayton will have a battle on their hands. Probably the leagues two best partnerships against each other.

We just can't afford a loss here. Would be happy for a point.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Really want us to win this one, but I think it will be a draw. Think a similar game to Derby is on the cards, and it will be a familiar 1-1.

Didn't Alex Bruce get injured for Hull on Tuesday? He was subbed very early. They have some real talent in midfield with Huddlestone and Livermore, so leadbitter and Clayton will have a battle on their hands. Probably the leagues two best partnerships against each other.

We just can't afford a loss here. Would be happy for a point.

I read it was a knock so he might be fit.. Huddlestone was on the bench the other night so that shows their strength in midfield.

Its going to be a very tough game, I think it might be one of very few chances for both teams.

from what was was reading on their forums huddlestone offers nothing, most of their forwards cant hold the ball up and it keeps coming back at them. 'sound familiar' lol

i think we are going to give them a bit of a shock tbh. we'll be well up for it and be fired up. if they have been slowly growing into games. they might be out of this one before they get into it. no mistakes like at derby 3 points boro.

adomah will be dropped downing depena fabbrini will be behind nugent. ayala gibson and nsue back in the team.

Possibly a must not lose game and most fans at this time I suspect will be happy with a draw, with the winning run that Hull are currently enjoying well that has to come to an end sometime and I firmly believe we are the team to stop that streak.

Would be good to go into the I/B with a win and can see us getting a very close 1-0 away win.

I'd take a drab 0-0 right now. We are more than capable of getting a result there. I don't fear Hull but I do respect their ability. A 0-0 away at fellow title contenders at the stage of the season is going to harm no one.

With Derby playing at Forest tomorrow then it is possible that we will go into the game one place down from present and with Derby top of the league.

Other notable games are:

Brighton V MK Dons

Cardiff V Reading

Fulham V Birmingham

Charlton V Sheffield Wednesday

Wolves V Burnley

Makes not losing even more important

I wouldn't take 1 point now. We want automatic promotion so its massive if we beat our rivals.. Imo its a 50/50 game so let's take our chance and go for the win.

It depends how the game pans out, Red cards, Refereeing decision's etc but 1 point would obviously be a good point.. I would like 3 points though :)

Nice opening post Unger! I hope this isn't a game too far for some inevitable tired legs out there.

However if we are all fit and up for it I think we can beat Hull but wouldn't be disappointed with a draw.

Dimi, Kalas, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Downing, Adomah, Fabbrini, Nugent.

1-0 Nugent 24min.

I think we'll see that line up but Nsue over Kalas hopefully...Nsue has been a revelation this season...poor man's Dani Alves :P

I think AK will pick that team.. I think he will choose Kalas over Nsue because he is better defensively.

In fact I think we'll see De Pena start again to allow Downing play in the middle as that is where he is simply most effective. We could have Fabbrini on the wing but he isn't as effective out wide so De Pena the better option.

I think we'll start:

---------------Dimi---------------

Kalas---Ayala---Gibson---Friend

-------Clayton--Leadbitter-------

Nsue-------Downing-------De Pena

--------------Nugent--------------

Nsue to offer a bit more defensive cover. I know he's played more minutes than Albert, but I think that extra defensive cover will be something AK will want.

I think we'll start:

---------------Dimi---------------

Kalas---Ayala---Gibson---Friend

-------Clayton--Leadbitter-------

Nsue-------Downing-------De Pena

--------------Nugent--------------

Nsue to offer a bit more defensive cover. I know he's played more minutes than Albert, but I think that extra defensive cover will be something AK will want.

I'm not being biased but the spine of our team must be the best in the league. Best CB in the league, best CDM in the league, best player in the league according to AK (Downing) and the workhorse that is David Nugget.