oneBoro Forum

I'm out

As others have said, some people are overly positive and think nothings wrong while others think the world is about to end and we're terrible and nothing's ever good enough.

I think that's the problem people have with posters like NB, is that his posts are always like...so OTT it's unreal.

It's fine having criticisms of the team and voicing them, but some of the stuff he says is absolutely ridiculous at times.

The team aren't playing well at the minute (or rather, they're not playing well consistently enough) - I'd hope we can all agree on that.

However, we're 3rd/4th in the league, a point or two off top and are in the top few in goals scored + goals conceded so clearly something is going right.

people are welcome to post what they want, but people are also welcome to post to disagree with those original posters. Just need some more thought behind why you're disagreeing with them.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'm 16 years old and find this embarrassing. Your undoubtedly older than me but you wouldn't be able to to tell. Some of the things certain users argue about are just so pathetic. It would be so good to see people accepting other peoples opinions, isn't that the whole point in a forum?

I'm 16 years old and find this embarrassing. Your undoubtedly older than me but you wouldn't be able to to tell. Some of the things certain users argue about are just so pathetic. It would be so good to see people accepting other peoples opinions, isn't that the whole point in a forum?

Opinions don't have to be accepted, that's why they're opinions.

People are allowed to have their own opinions and I respect people for having them, but if I disagree with one why should I not be allowed to comment on it.

Especially when the opinion is some sensationalist piece of nonsense that doesn't appear to have any grounding in reality beyond a history of similar posts.

NB is welcome to his opinion but I don't think it's unfair for other people to disagree with him or call him negative, provided they are respectful while they do so.

I've had plenty of disagreements with CT (and Humpty also) in the past because I disagree with their opinions, but I respect the hell out of both of them because at least their arguments are well thought out and presented with some logical reasoning behind them.

NB doesn't have such a history - most of his posts are just one liners of "we're ***" or something similar, with no real reasoning and if you try and bring him up on it he goes into ultra defensive "take off the rose tinted glasses" mode without actually really explaining why he feels that way.

I think the problem I have with it is why call him anything? Just disagree with the bloke if you want to but why should name calling be fine regardless of what the name is?

I mean, we should just skirt around the fact that he's consistently negative then? Right?

It's not like it's being mean calling him negative, it's just the truth.

Yeah, being like "oi you negative pr**k" yeah, that's not good, but just being like "NB you're negative"

Really? That's not OK?

That's just an outright fact, why should people have to skirt around that?

But I'm coming back to why does anybody need to call him anything? Why can't you just disagree with him? I had the same crap myself and I don't think my posts are reactionary, in fact they are probably so lengthy that they bore the crap out of most people. But because people didn't like what I said then I got called things as well. Putting labels on people isn't a good thing for the forum, just disagree with people and leave it at that. You don't need to skirt around anything but maybe just stick to the actual subject rather than the person?

An almost impossible task.

Whenever you hear/read something, you consider the source it came from as to it's relevancy and legitimacy. That's just how the world works.

NB is known for being very negative, therefore when he posts soemthing negative, people dismiss him instantly.

Look at the once in a blue moon time he posts something positive about our play and how surprised everyone is.

You can't just look at the text in a vaccuum, that's ridiculous.

You're missing my point. All I'm saying is there's no need to call him names or labels on him. If you want to dismiss what he says then fine that's not the issue. It's when the responses are becoming personal attacks that things get out of order. I disagreed with what he said yesterday but I didn't need to call him anything, I just said I disagree with him and gave the reasons why. To me it's really simple and I genuinely don't get why people get wound up by what he's saying. If everyone knows what he's like then how can it wind anyone up?

On a related subject I said on another post that we are missing some good posters right now who either aren't posting or seem to be posting infrequently. People like 2plus2, LukeR, Boroinbishop, maybe even posters like p_mards, Snowblind, Air Resistance and MidlandsBoro don't seem to be posting as much now as before. I don't know if those lads/lasses are around much still but people like that are missed for what they add to the forum. There are others as well that I can't remember offhand and it would be great if they were posting more often. There's still lots of good ones knocking about that I enjoy reading.

I miss Starbuy and Dunnerzzz also and plenty of others as well and hopefully those mentioned will return soon.

CT I take your point about blaming admin for some of this and allowing it to continue however have openly mentioned one party and I have noticed another individual who comes on from time to time, only on match threads and has his little dig just to heat things up. Hopefully with my cryptic clue he will know to whom I am referring to.

I do not want to go OTT and be seen as too severe but feel you are possibly correct so I will make efforts to reduce this situation for the benefit of all members

Yes those two are missed as they don't seem to be posting as much. There's a few more as well but that's not to say there aren't still good posters here because there definitely are still lots of people whose comments I enjoy reading regularly.

I know you have said something mate and I wasn't trying to blame admin as such, I just think that stuff that is clearly personal in nature shouldn't be tolerated as much as it is. I think I know the person you're referring to there and I don't get that attitude at all. The more posts about football and the less about posters the better.

In the last year or so the success of this site in promoting itself and obtaining new and ever interesting opportunities to increase the ability of not only existing members but new members to to discuss and debate all things Boro and lately Boro Ladies has been great.

However with an increased public persona like this site now has comes a plethera of problems that either didn't exist before or were at such a low level that managing them thru the traditional methods was more than satisfactory. Now however i do feel that some action is needed. CT is totally correct people can have different views on everything which is good as its a stimulation to most people especially on a chat site where the purpose is to chat, but good manners mean that abuse is not only not nessasary its also not acceptable especially if its prolonged and personal and used as a tool to silence debate and belittle its target, unfortunatly i do feel that this type of action is now getting to a level where its becoming not only the norm but also the defacto standard behavior.

The transfer window will open soon and that should bring people flooding back as the addiction to checking for news is universal, however between now and then i think as a board we ort to decide what our standards of behavior towards each other is, and with it being the season of goodwill to all men we might just be able to get a good and accepted approach which we can all support going into the second half.

I miss Starbuy and Dunnerzzz also and plenty of others as well and hopefully those mentioned will return soon.

CT I take your point about blaming admin for some of this and allowing it to continue however have openly mentioned one party and I have noticed another individual who comes on from time to time, only on match threads and has his little dig just to heat things up. Hopefully with my cryptic clue he will know to whom I am referring to.

I do not want to go OTT and be seen as too severe but feel you are possibly correct so I will make efforts to reduce this situation for the benefit of all members

I love cryptic puzzles, your talking about pyro aren't you.

My two cents, if you find someone irritating or shoots you down then just block them. There are enough good posters that you can filter through the trash anyway

But I'm coming back to why does anybody need to call him anything?  Why can't you just disagree with him?  I had the same crap myself and I don't think my posts are reactionary, in fact they are probably so lengthy that they bore the crap out of most people.  But because people didn't like what I said then I got called things as well.  Putting labels on people isn't a good thing for the forum, just disagree with people and leave it at that.  You don't need to skirt around anything but maybe just stick to the actual subject rather than the person?

Are you not the poster (I was going to label you sanctimonious, for that is an opinion I have derived based on your posts, but that would be disrespectful, even though well founded) that recently called someone an idiot. Practice what you preach.